Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2020 Buffalo Bills Draft

2020 Buffalo Bills Draft

1. (22)

One of the 5ths and 6ths was acquired from Cleveland for Wyatt Teller. The other 6th was acquired from the Patriots for Russell Bodine. All other picks are original picks.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 01-06-2020 at 05:32 PM.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Starting this thread early since there is sure to be a lot of discussion about which direction we will go with some of these picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Starting this thread early since there is sure to be a lot of discussion about which direction we will go with some of these picks.
    A lot depends on FA tbh.
    I like their ability to turn trash into gold on the defensive side of things so I would be content with the bulk of the FA signings going toward defence.
    The DL was good in the playoff. The phillips’ will be back forming a good duo up the middle, but I hope they add some DE depth to play behind Oliver and Murphy. I know everyone wants a DL with the 1st pick, but I’m fine with the defence being 2nd overall. Internal growth might be enough to propel us up to 1st next season. Regardless we should be in the top 5 defences easily.

If that happens then you have to invest in the offence with the draft. I want the first 2 picks to be an OL and a WR. Whatever order gives us the best value. If we can find a true #1 (or even a #2, but I’m hoping for raw tools like size and speed in this player) WR then we’re set at the position for a couple years. I’m comfortable moving forward with Knox at TE, but wouldn’t be adverse to a TE in the 3rd. I would prefer the 3rd is spent on a RB though, ideally one with top end speed to contrast singletary.

A QB in the 6th round sounds good to me because you need to pick one every year imo.

Other then that I hope they spend the 4th-6ths on defence because I am confident in mcd to turn them into contributors.

The first WR to come off the board last year was Hollywood Brown at #25. Deebo Samuel had a good season, he was the 36th pick. A.J. Brown, who I thought was the best receiver coming out of the draft last year and also lead rookie receivers in yards, was the 51st pick. Mecole Hardman, Terry McLaurin, D.K. Metcalf all went in the mid-2nd or later.

There has always been tremendous value at the WR position in the 2nd round. With a strong WR class, we'll have our opportunities to hit on that position.

The first WR to come off the board last year was Hollywood Brown at #25. Deebo Samuel had a good season, he was the 36th pick. A.J. Brown, who I thought was the best receiver coming out of the draft last year and also lead rookie receivers in yards, was the 51st pick. Mecole Hardman, Terry McLaurin, D.K. Metcalf all went in the mid-2nd or later.

There has always been tremendous value at the WR position in the 2nd round. With a strong WR class, we'll have our opportunities to hit on that position.
    That being what it is, I would rather have my pick of the litter at 22 than have to choose from the leftovers at the end of the 2nd.
    none of those late 2nd or later WR’s had the major impact that this Bills team needs in year 1. If we’re going to wait to draft a project WR in the 3rd then we might as well just punt the pick. The plan for next season must include helping Allen take the next step in his progression at all costs. There will be a lot of big questions next offseason if Allen doesn’t continue to to progress like he did this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    That being what it is, I would rather have my pick of the litter at 22 than have to choose from the leftovers at the end of the 2nd.
    none of those late 2nd or later WR’s had the major impact that this Bills team needs in year 1. If we’re going to wait to draft a project WR in the 3rd then we might as well just punt the pick. The plan for next season must include helping Allen take the next step in his progression at all costs. There will be a lot of big questions next offseason if Allen doesn’t continue to to progress like he did this offseason.
    I disagree a bit here. A.J. Brown was the best receiver from the 2019 class; 52 catches, 1051 receiving yards, 8 TDs, and from the 51st overall pick. I thought he was the hands down best receiver in the draft last year and he was still available in the mid 2nd. Positional strengths will push players beyond their projected draft slots, of course, and last year it was a particularly strong defensive draft. So a lot of those 1st round grade players will see day two.

Courtland Sutton is another exceptional talent that was found in the 2nd round. The two WRs taken ahead of him were D.J. Moore and Calvin Ridley. A lot was made out of Ridley pre-draft, but Sutton may end up having the better career. I would even go as far as to say that Sutton may be the better player right now.

Couple things...

McDermott spoke today about keeping the team together as much as possible. About the offense, he said that they need to score more points and this is something they’ll look to address in the off-season. He also spoke of having two good backs to carry the ball.

Beane said of Allen that he’d rather have a QB who makes “hero ball” mistakes trying to do too much rather than checkdown Charlie.

10 win season and an exciting playoff game that we could have/probably should have won in the books. Players and coaches want more. This should be a really fun off-season.

Couple things...

McDermott spoke today about keeping the team together as much as possible. About the offense, he said that they need to score more points and this is something they’ll look to address in the off-season. He also spoke of having two good backs to carry the ball.

Beane said of Allen that he’d rather have a QB who makes “hero ball” mistakes trying to do too much rather than checkdown Charlie.

10 win season and an exciting playoff game that we could have/probably should have won in the books. Players and coaches want more. This should be a really fun off-season.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Looks like they’ll retain on defence and try to upgrade the offence which I agree with. Good to see they want Allen to keep pushing the envelope.

I disagree a bit here. A.J. Brown was the best receiver from the 2019 class; 52 catches, 1051 receiving yards, 8 TDs, and from the 51st overall pick. I thought he was the hands down best receiver in the draft last year and he was still available in the mid 2nd. Positional strengths will push players beyond their projected draft slots, of course, and last year it was a particularly strong defensive draft. So a lot of those 1st round grade players will see day two.
    Yes, but AJ Brown wasn't the 12th WR taken. He was still projected as one of the best in his class and was the 4th one drafted.

This year, 6-8 WRs are projected first rounders, which means at the end of the second round, the Bills could be picking from the 10th-13th best at the position.

It is important for them to get one early for that reason. I understand that later WRs can be productive, but those guys were fliers. The Bills need more of a sure thing since they've entered win now mode.

This isn't the same as the Steelers having Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders and then coming across Martavis Bryant or JuJu. The Bills need someone better than John Brown and Beasley.
    Last edited by smood999; 01-07-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Courtland Sutton is another exceptional talent that was found in the 2nd round. The two WRs taken ahead of him were D.J. Moore and Calvin Ridley. A lot was made out of Ridley pre-draft, but Sutton may end up having the better career. I would even go as far as to say that Sutton may be the better player right now.
    It took Sutton until year 2 to become a stud WR. Are you willing to wait?

Also don't think it's fair to compare Moore and Ridley to the WRs in this class. They were considered weaker by far. You could potentially risk passing on Beckham, Evans or even Cooks in this class to draft Allen Robinson. Robinson is a good player, but he's not those guys and that's what the Bills need.
    Last edited by smood999; 01-07-2020 at 07:07 PM.

I agree with the bold, but this year the strength is WR. It's not a different position that will push better WRs down.

I would more agree with waiting until the 2nd if the Bills had an earlier pick, but they draft near the end. They likely won't have an opportunity to get the leftovers without trading up.

They should be able to address defense in free agency, allowing them to focus on offense in the draft.

Based on the comments made today, my guess is that offense will be the main priority this offseason.

I really want Tee Higgins, but I am worried he won't get to #22.

Teams ahead of us that could grab a WR

Pick # Team
    3 Lions
    4 Giants
    6 Chargers
    8 Cardinals
    11 Jets
    12 Raiders
    13 Colts
    18 Dolphins (f/PIT)
    21 Eagles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast