Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 501 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    I'd be shocked if Pace pulls off a huge trade or signs a big FA name outside of Amos or Callahan.

With all of the drama Brown and Bell have caused, they won't ever be Bears.
    Idk.... Lets be real the stealers are clearly a mess when two stars both hate you. I think Bell just wanted to get paid and it was clear the stealers wanted to use him and be able to dump him.

Brown does seem like more of a diva to me..... But i also feel like our locker room and culture may settle him down.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Good news on Long. That restructure was badly needed and it (hopefully) buys us another year before addressing iOL a little more.

As for Kicker, meh on Bryant, just draft a guy (Cole Tracy, who they already met with) or maybe Gostkowski hits the market.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Good news on Long. That restructure was badly needed and it (hopefully) buys us another year before addressing iOL a little more.

As for Kicker, meh on Bryant, just draft a guy (Cole Tracy, who they already met with) or maybe Gostkowski hits the market.

Agreed. I'm pretty nervous about the prospect of adding a 44 year old whose been kicking indoors since 2009. He's probably better than Parkey but I digress. If we can't get Gostkowski, just go get a fresh leg and go after Gould next year if that doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

I agree on Bryant. ..... Warm Weather Indoor Kicker who is really old in the tooth. Cole Tracy Seems like a plug and play type of guy. Clayton Hatfield is another guy I like. alot. His JR season he played through Injury before they decided to rest him and he missed a handful of kicks because of it.

16-17 from 20-29
    20-23 from 30-39
    13-17 from 40-49
    1-2 from 50+

and if you throw out his JR Injury season

14-14 from 20-29
    16-18 from 30-39
    13-15 from 40-49
    1-2 from 50+

Also Matt Gay is another really solid kicker.

-Rem Koolhaas

**** the 49ers. I hope they continue to suck.

Guess I really don’t know what actually happens that Long restructured his contract? Does it mean he takes a paycut or what exactly happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    **** the 49ers. I hope they continue to suck.
    Wasnt it like a foregone conclusion that SF was going to franchise tag Gould? Nonetheless i agree..it sux. Gotta get a quality kicker

Quote Originally Posted by urlachermess View Post
    Guess I really don’t know what actually happens that Long restructured his contract? Does it mean he takes a paycut or what exactly happens?

Essentially just moving money from this year and redistributing it to later years. Idk, I like Long but the injuries make me unsettled about committing to him longer-term.

Quote Originally Posted by urlachermess View Post

So lomg story short long was going to loose 5.5 million if cut. He likely would not make that much in FA with his injufy history. So instead of loosing 5.5 and making 3 in FA. U work something out where he takes 4. Saving u some. And giving him a bit more than he would if he

U can as La Beibers pointed out too offer more in the future too or guaruntee more money down the road as incentives to take less currently.

So basically lomg agreed to take less this year leaving more for someone else or depth.

-Rem Koolhaas

Any bit of interest in John Ross. Bengles seem to be ready to move on. I want to be interested because he could be our Tyreek Hill. He seems closer to Kevin White though. Injury Prone. Poor catch rate. Should be able to succeed with AJ green but is outplayed by Tyler Boyd.

I all ways love speed and play makers. But not sure what he even is at this point.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Any bit of interest in John Ross. Bengles seem to be ready to move on. I want to be interested because he could be our Tyreek Hill. He seems closer to Kevin White though. Injury Prone. Poor catch rate. Should be able to succeed with AJ green but is outplayed by Tyler Boyd.

I all ways love speed and play makers. But not sure what he even is at this point.
    Ross runs really fast, but he has concrete blocks for hands.

So no, there's no interest from this Bears Fan.

Since Gould is off the market, unless Pace trades for him, I figured that I'd take a look at the new blood coming into the NFL.

Now, I'm no kicking expert, but Cole Tracy seems to be the top dog.

his Senior year, He's made 29 FGs of 33 attempts (87.9%) with a long of 54 yards. He made every PAT, 42.

Here's an interesting article on him:

The NFL scouts came to the Worcester, Mass., campus of Assumption College to check out a Greyhounds wide receiver. They stayed because of the kicker.

But as they told it to Assumption coach Bob Chesney, there was just one thing that was going to scare teams away from giving Cole Tracy a chance.

No matter how big his leg was, kicking in front of crowds at Division II Assumption wasn’t a proving ground for an NFL stadium. Sure, the Greyhounds were a playoff team and they drew good crowds for a small school. But an audience of 5,000 in a stadium with a forest 30 yards beyond the end zone wasn’t seen as an accurate gauge of how a rookie would fare at, say, Arrowhead Stadium on a Monday night.

“A concern for them was ‘Has he kicked in front of big crowds?'” Chesney said. “So he decided to exercise his fifth year. Oklahoma State and LSU flew him out the next week. I did not hold him back.”

Tracy, who is completing his degree at Assumption this semester, will join the Tigers as a graduate transfer. He redshirted his freshman year after signing with Assumption as an undersized, under-recruited prospect from California.

“His technique was good,” Chesney said. “But he was a smaller guy.”

He bulked up to 190 pounds and took off, earning Division II All-American honors his redshirt freshman season.

“That redshirt year certainly paid dividends,” Chesney said. “He took the weight training very seriously.”

Chesney said the weight room is where Tracy differentiates himself from many kickers.

“He doesn’t do kicker lifts. He lifts with the team,” Chesney said. “He does squats and lifts. If you do everything with the team, then you miss that kick and it’s the team that missed the kick. It’s not the kicker that missed it. You never isolated yourself. That’s something that impressed me with Cole.”

Fortunately, neither Tracy nor the team missed many kicks. He nailed 27 of 29 field goals this season, including a long of52. He also hit all 67 of his extra-point attempts for the Greyhounds powerful offense.

That’s a stark contrast to LSU’s kicking woes in 2017.Connor Culp and Jack Gonsoulin were a combined 16-for-27 on field goals and 40-for-43 on extra points. Ultimately, that’s why LSU is using one of its 25 precious scholarships in this year’s class on the small school kicker with a big leg.

Chesney, who was hired by FCS Holy Cross last month, believes his old kicker will succeed on the bigger stage for a multitude of reasons.

“I haven’t seen him really rattled ever,” Chesney said. “I know it’s not 100,000 people, but we crank up the volume at the end of practice. It’s just the long-snapper and him and the whole team within a 5-yard radius.

“He’s got to make a game-winning kick, or the whole team has to run. He does a really good job of internalizing that. He’s practiced that a bunch of times. I think he can block it out.”

Chesney is convinced that the SEC is not the last stop in Tracy’s career — just the next stop.

“He is that good.”
    https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/w...m3lo6zIS1Sv4H/

I'd be ok with Pace using a 6th rounder o him. We need a kicker.

I'd prefer to sign a couple vets, bring in a couple of UDFA's and call it a day.

Hopefully Redford Jones outkicks 'em all!

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 6 of 501 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast