Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 501 of 501 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501
Results 7,501 to 7,514 of 7514
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I mean, thats what I would expect him to be ranked amongst backups. He's a 3 year starter. I've been pretty clear my point isn't quantifiable.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    But thats not what you said. You said you dont even think he can stick around as a backup. Do you not see how that is So Ridiculous to say its borderline Trolling? And its Constantly like that with Mitch.

Thinking Mitch is terrible is pretty much the expert consensus and I'm not the only fan- or expert - that thinks he is going to have a hard time sticking around as a primary backup.
    And then in the same post you have to say I dont get why people are painting my views as Extreme?

My views aren't extreme. Getting pretty tired of people painting them as such.

MIKE ****ING GLENNON has floated around as a backup But Mitch In you opinion is going to have a hard time even finding backup work ?

Yea Not extreme at all and Completely level headed if I have ever seen. I cant understand why your at the center of every Mitch Trubisky debate?

Im out... You Win... Like i said before its really useless trying to argue with you. Mitch Wont make you happy till he is gone. Even then Maybe his Death is the only thing that will bring you some satisfaction. Maybe Jay Cutler can drink his blood and come back and start for the Bears.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Im trying my hardest not to get involved because im so over it But CBS sports rated the backup QBs in the nfl with the projection of Mitch being backup.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-prescott/amp/

1) Winston
    2) Dalton
    3) Tua
    4) Moriota (which i majorly disagree with)
    5) Brissett
    6) Keenum
    7) Love
    8) Hurts
    9) Hibbert
    10) Mitch.

And I personally disagree With Ranking any Rok other than Tua over mitch without any nfl film. Love Hurts and Hibbert all could be better. But also worse too.

But After Mitch that list gets Really ugly. I like Nick Mullens.... But Chase Daniels is the #14..... Mason Rudolph 15. You seriously dont take Mitch over those 2? I think before you said you would take Chase over him But Rudolph? How about those guys in the 20s? Mitch had a team in 2018 With a great D and had them 11-3. Rudolph The offense Completely died and was much worse than Mitch despite any amount of hatred you could feel for him.

And thats the problem with you way Over exagerated Notion of Mitch being that bad. You say quite Literally some of the most rediculous things in your Mitch Trubisky Hatred Spews. Things like that he could not even be a backup. And that is from your own mouth right.

"I'm not the only fan- or expert - that thinks he is going to have a hard time sticking around as a primary backup"

Mitch cant even be a backup in the NFL but Chase Daniels can make a living at it? How are we not supposed to criticize this as some rediculous Hot take? A also at the same time Claim

"My views aren't extreme. Getting pretty tired of people painting them as such."

Your veiws on Mitch are just as bad as the ones of those who claimed Jay Cutler was Awful. But you refuse to see just how ridiculously biased you are. Maybe You truly dont realize just how bad some backups in the nfl Are. But you would figure you would considering a team just paid Chase Daniels 4 mil a year. Or moriota nearly 9 mil per.
    Meh. Any QB prospect worth anything should be rated higher than Mitch who we already know sucks and is on track to be a backup for the foreseeable future.

Agree with the sentiments of the rest of your post. Backup QBs basically all suck. I'd probably rather have Mitch than Matt Barkley or Mike Glennon.

It's incredible how blams, bibber and damgoat view Trubisky based on their football knowledge they shown in the past which I agreed with 2 of the 3 many times reading through these forms. I guess some of the hate is justified but to speak with "almost" absolute certainty that there is zero hope for Mitch is insane since this is basically his 3rd year as a starter.

In his 1st full year (yes the John Fox year doesn't count in my eyes) as a starter he took the team to the playoffs and pretty much won the game if the kicker didn't miss a 5 yard FG. He made many clutch throws in that game with everything on the line and ends up in the Pro bowl.

2nd year sure he regressed but don't most rookie QB's regress in their 2nd year? Also he was playing with a messed up left shoulder the entire season which was probably why he was hesitant to scramble which is a big part of his game and we still could have easily made the playoffs had "Pinero" not missed a few easy kicks and the guy doesn't run into the kicker for the Raiders game.

With this knowledge and from watching all these games it's insane to think that there is no hope for Mitch like he's already been in the league for 10 years and he's some washed up Journeyman QB. This is his 3rd year fella's. Lol. This team is loaded. I think the #1 weakness being overlooked is the RB position. I'm not too sold on Montgomery just yet and the #2 weakness is the kicker. I think QB will surprisingly be a strength this year if Mitch doesn't get hurt. The no crowd stadiums should help him

I donít have high hopes for Mitch but I think itís really hard to accurately assess him based on last year. The only thing clear to me was the Bears had the worst running game Iíve seen in my life as a bears fan and Nagy resembling nothing of what he was advertised to be. That and yes, Mitch not being a true franchise QB. All that said, I donít think itís impossible for him to improve on his 2018 season which wasnít great, but certainly not bad. If he improved on it, itíd basically put him in the low end average tier, maybe mid average tier depending.

Still not what he was drafted to be, but still someone you could win a SB with with this D. Not saying heíll make that ďleapĒ but certainly donít think itís crazy either considering. Heís got 2-3 games to show something or itís BDN time

Quote Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
    It's incredible how blams, bibber and damgoat view Trubisky based on their football knowledge they shown in the past which I agreed with 2 of the 3 many times reading through these forms. I guess some of the hate is justified but to speak with "almost" absolute certainty that there is zero hope for Mitch is insane since this is basically his 3rd year as a starter.

In his 1st full year (yes the John Fox year doesn't count in my eyes) as a starter he took the team to the playoffs and pretty much won the game if the kicker didn't miss a 5 yard FG. He made many clutch throws in that game with everything on the line and ends up in the Pro bowl.

2nd year sure he regressed but don't most rookie QB's regress in their 2nd year? Also he was playing with a messed up left shoulder the entire season which was probably why he was hesitant to scramble which is a big part of his game and we still could have easily made the playoffs had "Pinero" not missed a few easy kicks and the guy doesn't run into the kicker for the Raiders game.

With this knowledge and from watching all these games it's insane to think that there is no hope for Mitch like he's already been in the league for 10 years and he's some washed up Journeyman QB. This is his 3rd year fella's. Lol. This team is loaded. I think the #1 weakness being overlooked is the RB position. I'm not too sold on Montgomery just yet and the #2 weakness is the kicker. I think QB will surprisingly be a strength this year if Mitch doesn't get hurt. The no crowd stadiums should help him
    You can't literally just not count Mitch's first year because it was with John Fox to make yourself feel better. Of course a rookie quarterback has pretty low expectations, but after the first year, the expectation grows substantially. History tells us that by a QBs 3rd year, we should have a good indication of who that guy is. The number of counter-examples that exist for QBs who are bad their first 3 years starting and then good afterwards in the last 30 years can be counted on one hand. 99% of the time, a QB is who they are by their 4th year.

I would argue the Bears were winning in 2018 in spite of Mitch. He had a few good throws in the playoff game, but was ineffective for the other 90% of it. Big whoop. I'd argue that if anything, Mitch played a large part in keeping Philadelphia in the game, though it was far from his worst performance. Anyway, the Bears made the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman in 2006 too. I wouldn't say he "led" them to the playoffs.

People will argue Mitch's season in 2018 wasn't bad because of his gross stats that were padded in a few games just to look decent, but I completely disagree. He was mediocre at best just like last year and asked to do very little while the defense and an unsustainably good screen game won virtually every game for him. Last year, we saw what happened when the game is put in his hands on a consistent basis. I think there's a real argument that he's cost the Bears virtually every big game he's ever been in. Or that average QB play in his stead would have won those games. There are countless others where we just never even stood a chance due to his ineptitude. I can't, on the other hand, think of a single game we've won since he's been here where I can say we wouldn't have won without Mitch.

Is it possible the guy puts something together in the future? Sure. As a Bears fan, I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think lack of hope is unwarranted. There's no reason to give him or the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt.

Mitch or Foles, it would be laughable to call the Bears' QB position a "strength" this year. But especially Mitch imo.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 09-09-2020 at 01:53 PM.

I cannot wait until Mitch is no longer a concern for the Bears.
    Screw sabermetics.

But thats not what you said. You said you dont even think he can stick around as a backup. Do you not see how that is So Ridiculous to say its borderline Trolling? And its Constantly like that with Mitch.

And then in the same post you have to say I dont get why people are painting my views as Extreme?

MIKE ****ING GLENNON has floated around as a backup But Mitch In you opinion is going to have a hard time even finding backup work ?

Yea Not extreme at all and Completely level headed if I have ever seen. I cant understand why your at the center of every Mitch Trubisky debate?

Im out... You Win... Like i said before its really useless trying to argue with you. Mitch Wont make you happy till he is gone. Even then Maybe his Death is the only thing that will bring you some satisfaction. Maybe Jay Cutler can drink his blood and come back and start for the Bears.
    Dude, I'm not pushing my opinion in a way that requires such hostility. Just disagree, let's all move on and get along. All is good.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I will say this on the Mitch Debate. I will Hold my tongue on calling him Great or Good enough till week 8. I think there is a pretty Good chance with the Pure Hot Garbage we face in the first 6 weeks that mitch looks good enough up until that point. I will want to see what happens when we face an actual good defense and how he reacts with the Rams and Saint. (this is all under the impression that he makes it till then But with the early schedule I dont see how he doesn't too) I just get the feeling that Some fans will see a few good games against some bad defense's And Over React.

Week 1 Detroit - 32nd in passing yards allowed last year. Gave up their Best CB.... and their #3 pick may not play for them yet
    Week 2 Giants - 28th in passing yards allowed last year. Did sign James Bradbury and Logan Ryan But In a shortened offseason IDK what to seriously expect. Especially with Ryan who signed 10 days ago.
    Week 3 Atlanta - 22nd in passing yards allowed last year. Let their best CB Go. Betting on a ROK CB as an upgrade year 1 is allways a gamble too.
    Week 4 Colts - 23rd in passing yards allowed last year. Could view Rhodes as an upgrade But he wasnt that good last year.
    Week 5 Tampa - 30th in passing yards allowed last year. Did Draft Winfield (who I liked ) in the 2nd but how much of an upgrade is 1 player? They are 1 team that in Defense power rankings even rank above the Bears For Some weird Reason. THE HYPE THERE IS TOO MUCH.
    Week 6 Carolina - 13th in passing yards allowed last year. But They lost a TON of starters this offseason. Eric Reid... Ross Cockrell and James Bradbury. Most are expecting this defense to be pretty bad with all the turnover. plus the HC loss too.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I will say this on the Mitch Debate. I will Hold my tongue on calling him Great or Good enough till week 8. I think there is a pretty Good chance with the Pure Hot Garbage we face in the first 6 weeks that mitch looks good enough up until that point. I will want to see what happens when we face an actual good defense and how he reacts with the Rams and Saint. (this is all under the impression that he makes it till then But with the early schedule I dont see how he doesn't too) I just get the feeling that Some fans will see a few good games against some bad defense's And Over React.

Week 1 Detroit - 32nd in passing yards allowed last year. Gave up their Best CB.... and their #3 pick may not play for them yet
    Week 2 Giants - 28th in passing yards allowed last year. Did sign James Bradbury and Logan Ryan But In a shortened offseason IDK what to seriously expect. Especially with Ryan who signed 10 days ago.
    Week 3 Atlanta - 22nd in passing yards allowed last year. Let their best CB Go. Betting on a ROK CB as an upgrade year 1 is allways a gamble too.
    Week 4 Colts - 23rd in passing yards allowed last year. Could view Rhodes as an upgrade But he wasnt that good last year.
    Week 5 Tampa - 30th in passing yards allowed last year. Did Draft Winfield (who I liked ) in the 2nd but how much of an upgrade is 1 player? They are 1 team that in Defense power rankings even rank above the Bears For Some weird Reason. THE HYPE THERE IS TOO MUCH.
    Week 6 Carolina - 13th in passing yards allowed last year. But They lost a TON of starters this offseason. Eric Reid... Ross Cockrell and James Bradbury. Most are expecting this defense to be pretty bad with all the turnover. plus the HC loss too.
    Those first 3 games are a perfect chance for Nagy to build of Mitch's confidence. Please scramble like crazy though Mitch- that was an absolutely huge part of his 2018 campaign.

Click here to register!

Im trying my hardest not to get involved because im so over it But CBS sports rated the backup QBs in the nfl with the projection of Mitch being backup.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-prescott/amp/

1) Winston
    2) Dalton
    3) Tua
    4) Moriota (which i majorly disagree with)
    5) Brissett
    6) Keenum
    7) Love
    8) Hurts
    9) Hibbert
    10) Mitch.

And I personally disagree With Ranking any Rok other than Tua over mitch without any nfl film. Love Hurts and Hibbert all could be better. But also worse too.

But After Mitch that list gets Really ugly. I like Nick Mullens.... But Chase Daniels is the #14..... Mason Rudolph 15. You seriously dont take Mitch over those 2? I think before you said you would take Chase over him But Rudolph? How about those guys in the 20s? Mitch had a team in 2018 With a great D and had them 11-3. Rudolph The offense Completely died and was much worse than Mitch despite any amount of hatred you could feel for him.

And thats the problem with you way Over exagerated Notion of Mitch being that bad. You say quite Literally some of the most rediculous things in your Mitch Trubisky Hatred Spews. Things like that he could not even be a backup. And that is from your own mouth right.

"I'm not the only fan- or expert - that thinks he is going to have a hard time sticking around as a primary backup"

Mitch cant even be a backup in the NFL but Chase Daniels can make a living at it? How are we not supposed to criticize this as some rediculous Hot take? A also at the same time Claim

"My views aren't extreme. Getting pretty tired of people painting them as such."

Your veiws on Mitch are just as bad as the ones of those who claimed Jay Cutler was Awful. But you refuse to see just how ridiculously biased you are. Maybe You truly dont realize just how bad some backups in the nfl Are. But you would figure you would considering a team just paid Chase Daniels 4 mil a year. Or moriota nearly 9 mil per.
    This post honestly made me laugh. I'm with Kyben, Mitch would be a great backup.

Coming from the same guy arguing for Mitch being a starter and so sure he might be decent linking an article ranking him as the 10th best BACKUP behind multiple ROOKIES. This is amazing. The hypocrisy in this post is amazing and I can't convey how funny it is with words. If you haven't read the past couple weeks of kyben in this board do that then read this again.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Those first 3 games are a perfect chance for Nagy to build of Mitch's confidence. Please scramble like crazy though Mitch- that was an absolutely huge part of his 2018 campaign.

Scramble if itís needed but he needs to win from the pocket. Iíd like to see a good balance but I donít want him to get too antsy in the pocket.

Soooo who making the game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Soooo who making the game thread
    Completely forgot lol

Click here to register!