Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 484 of 501 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 7514
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    What if they ate a signifigant portion of his deal a la Foles?

He has a 4 mil dead out next year so your really not investing that much in him.
    Yeah, maybe. I just don't think he has the explosion that he once had. Either way, looks like Montgomery is only going to miss 2-4 weeks.

Urlacher you idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Urlacher you idiot
    Yes I agree

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Considering itís the very thing that will determine who starts, I think itís worth talking about in an overall dead forum.
    We can't even really know if there's any merit to the idea that practice performance is gonna matter. We have 3 years of Mitch and 9 of Foles. What does the team really think is gonna be any dramatically different about either player that hasn't been discovered yet? Even if it is, how do we know how practice is going? Because of the opinion of beat writers? It's not even just reaction to practice first-hand, it's reactions to opinion articles authored by people who are making a living dramatizing this stuff.

Anyway, sure the forum is dead. I guess I need not complain, but meh. It's basically all speculation.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 08-27-2020 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    We can't even really know if there's any merit to the idea that practice performance is gonna matter. We have 3 years of Mitch and 9 of Foles. What does the team really think is gonna be any dramatically different about either player that hasn't been discovered yet? Even if it is, how do we know how practice is going? Because of the opinion of beat writers? It's not even just reaction to practice first-hand, it's reactions to opinion articles authored by people who are making a living dramatizing this stuff.

Anyway, sure the forum is dead. I guess I need not complain, but meh. It's basically all speculation.
    I still read it because well...thatís all I got. Seems like foles is a bit ahead if you listen to the reporters.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I still read it because well...thatís all I got. Seems like foles is a bit ahead if you listen to the reporters.
    I mean, you already know my thoughts. If the Bears have any kind of common sense, Foles should be the starter no matter what unless he's hurt. We gave up a mid-round draft pick in a deep draft, took on his big contract, are in win now mode, and at this point, are committed to him longer than we are to Mitch.

If they still believed in Mitch, they shouldn't have traded for Foles. I don't care how good Mitch looks in practice. Could've signed Dalton or Cam or Keenum for pennies on the dollar if all they were looking for was someone to tag in if Mitch sucks again.

I get that's not really the point you're making - you're just talking about what the reporters are saying. Which, the reports matter, I'm definitely interested in inside info, I just don't care about the reporters' opinions on performance (they're often terrible). Especially in practice.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 08-28-2020 at 10:12 AM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    something I just saw that kinda caught my eye.

https://youtu.be/fgOnPrq7X7I

D Harris is miked up in Camp for this vid and one thing caught my eye. Jimmy Graham Doesnt look very big. And The I realized it has nothing to do with Jimmy..... It had to do with just how huge our TE room is compared to last year.

Last year we had

Burron 6-2
    Braunecker 6-3
    Horstead 6-3
    holtz 6-3
    Shaheen 6-6

Average height of 6-3.4

This year

Greham 6-7
    Kmet 6-6
    Harris 6-7

And Im unsure who the last 2 or 3 guys will be But its 6-3 unless Saubert makes it who is 6-5. Even so if u factor in 2 6-3 guys thats still a bump up in average height to 6-5.2"

I think it would have been noticable had Camp been open though. I never recall our TEs standing out physically. Maybe Shaheen but he allways seemed to be out of practice anyway. Its like for the first time I can remember in recent memeory the TEs are actually bigger than our WRs.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I mean, you already know my thoughts. If the Bears have any kind of common sense, Foles should be the starter no matter what unless he's hurt. We gave up a mid-round draft pick in a deep draft, took on his big contract, are in win now mode, and at this point, are committed to him longer than we are to Mitch.

If they still believed in Mitch, they shouldn't have traded for Foles. I don't care how good Mitch looks in practice. Could've signed Dalton or Cam or Keenum for pennies on the dollar if all they were looking for was someone to tag in if Mitch sucks again.

I get that's not really the point you're making - you're just talking about what the reporters are saying. Which, the reports matter, I'm definitely interested in inside info, I just don't care about the reporters' opinions on performance (they're often terrible). Especially in practice.
    you so realize that the jags ate a ton of Foles deal and he is basically on 2 year 11 mil deal with a 10 mil 3rd year option right? He is basically paid as much as Keenum the next 2 years.

You bring up the finances 2x in this post and the reality is we see none of his "monster contract". And you can debate if we were better off waiting till post draft for Dalton to be realeased..... or Way longer for Cam. But honestly we had zero idea how the FA would pan out. That Dalton and Cam would basically have no real options. That the Patriots would just sit in wait and the Chargers were content with Taylor.

And I still maintain that a 4th is nothing to pay for Your guy..... especially considering the offsesson we are having and getting a guy with experience in a similar system should help.

I mean under your two scenarios if we had faith in Mitch would you rather us have used a 4th round pick on a backup QB instead and let it ride. Probably not. we would probably still be crying we should have signed a backup like Keenum or Even a Dalton or Cam. But honestly I dont think Dalton or Cam Settle for what they did with the bears either. Dalton would not be the clear backup like he is in Dallas. And Cam could we really sit on Cam for months and Poker face our way with Mitch that we had a good option in front of him. I doubt it.

so I dont like any of the arguments for Foles honestly. If foles is better he is better. They money or Pick comp was not rediculous to warrant a guy being locked into any sort of guarunteed role. And if you want to make that basis of your argument The bears spent a first on Mitch and he is due more money this year. The fact is there is only 1 reason Foles should start over Mitch. And that is if he is better. And if Mitch is what he was last year its likely Foles is better than him.

If Foles can't beat out Mitch and doesn't look good if he does play, that's going to look like really really bad money.

It's a 2 year 13.3 million, but he still has a 3.6 million cap hit if cut after 2 years. Sick of paying backups without much potential this much money. At least he's better than Daniels worst case.

A 4th plus that money is ridiculously stupid if he isn't your starter given the Bears circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    you so realize that the jags ate a ton of Foles deal and he is basically on 2 year 11 mil deal with a 10 mil 3rd year option right? He is basically paid as much as Keenum the next 2 years.

You bring up the finances 2x in this post and the reality is we see none of his "monster contract". And you can debate if we were better off waiting till post draft for Dalton to be realeased..... or Way longer for Cam. But honestly we had zero idea how the FA would pan out. That Dalton and Cam would basically have no real options. That the Patriots would just sit in wait and the Chargers were content with Taylor.

And I still maintain that a 4th is nothing to pay for Your guy..... especially considering the offsesson we are having and getting a guy with experience in a similar system should help.

I mean under your two scenarios if we had faith in Mitch would you rather us have used a 4th round pick on a backup QB instead and let it ride. Probably not. we would probably still be crying we should have signed a backup like Keenum or Even a Dalton or Cam. But honestly I dont think Dalton or Cam Settle for what they did with the bears either. Dalton would not be the clear backup like he is in Dallas. And Cam could we really sit on Cam for months and Poker face our way with Mitch that we had a good option in front of him. I doubt it.

so I dont like any of the arguments for Foles honestly. If foles is better he is better. They money or Pick comp was not rediculous to warrant a guy being locked into any sort of guarunteed role. And if you want to make that basis of your argument The bears spent a first on Mitch and he is due more money this year. The fact is there is only 1 reason Foles should start over Mitch. And that is if he is better. And if Mitch is what he was last year its likely Foles is better than him.
    No, I actually didn't realize that. Thanks for the correction. It doesn't change my personal feelings about Mitch, but sure, there's much more justification to let him play with that removed.

Alec Ogletree was brought in for a workout... that seems kinda significant

Ogletree has to be better than some of these guys. Sign him up

Beast

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.