Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 473 of 501 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 7514
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    IDK... maybe im over reacting. I just know I would feel slightly more comfortable if any of these guys actually beat out Branecker or Shaheen for a job.
    If we have to worry about what happens if Horsted becomes our #1, we have way bigger problems than releasing Braunecker and trading Shaheen.

Beginning of the end for the mlb already

[emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Beginning of the end for the mlb already

[emoji17]

Does not give me much hope that the NFL will happen this fall.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Does not give me much hope that the NFL will happen this fall.
    Mlb is the best hope; guys arent on top of each other and breathing hard and whatnot.

They really should just make all players wear masks... they can absolutely play baseball with a mask lol.

Agreed, though. I dont see any US sports finishing up.

NBA is doing the right thing with the bubble but I'm even pessimistic about that

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Mlb is the best hope; guys arent on top of each other and breathing hard and whatnot.

They really should just make all players wear masks... they can absolutely play baseball with a mask lol.

Agreed, though. I dont see any US sports finishing up.

NBA is doing the right thing with the bubble but I'm even pessimistic about that

The bubble is the best bet but im 100% certain that they cant keep people in a bubble for long.

If you have any amount of travel.... your screwed. not indivitually but somebody is going to get it and sonebody is going to spread it It only takes one to get in to be a problem too.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

This 100% wont happen but the best bet for the NFL is to try and do what the nba is doing but on a different scale IMO.

Here is my idea. Reduce the season and make only divisional games happen You cant afford to have teams sending players across the country in this mess. Somebody is going to get it. Somebody will slip through the cracks. The only realistic way is to do what the NBA is doing with the Bubble. But HOW?

Increase the Number of games played against each team in division from 2-3..... the Reason will be brought up in a second.

The division Teams all play on College campus's located in the general vicinity of where each division is located. Im suggesting this because im betting college campus's will not be open. Basically commandeer student housing and keep the players.. Coaches and everyone on the college campus for the 9 week season. Allow teams to carry 20+ extra players in to the season because we cant expect players to be cut signed and transferring mid season. players can leave but like the nba bubble have to be cleared to return (I think the nba is doing a 10 day period) If you incur injuries or players need to leave you call up one your guys on your roster. I cant really imagine burning through 20+ guys but IMO this has to happen to keep players safe and give teams depth. Give the players a Mid season bye week to go and see their families and rest. 9 strait games is probably too much and keeping players in a bubble for that long is probably not going to happen either. My sugestion is break the season up into 7 weeks to begin (3 weeks to clear..... practice.... and play 4 games) give them a week break to go home and see family. Come back for another 7 weeks (2 to clear and 5 final games) Practices should be able to be held on the campus as well. Basically a Campus has at minimum 2 or 3 additional feilds... if the teams have to split day and night practices but if my FAU school had 2 additional feilds for practice.... IM sure a larger school where im imagining this would too. All Games are played on a the campus's common field. keep camera crew.... Refs everyone on the campus's as well. (15 Weeks total)

The winner of Each Division gets to go to the playoffs. IF there is a tie in Record then the team who beat the other team more times in their individual match up Wins. (explains the increase from 2-3 because 2 is potentially a tie.. plus 6 games is too short of a season IMO) Also makes every divisional win that much more important.

No Bye Weeks. 4 teams from the 4 divisions all play. Before the playoffs teams get to take a week break to go back and visit family and unwind again. Restart the playofffs after a few week break with the 4 divisional winners On a college campus the same as the regular season was against the division. 2 campus's at this point for the AFC and NFC ( 1 week off, 3 weeks of games maybe 2 weeks to clear and come back) (6 weeks playoffs)

Winners go to the super bowl. Give another week or break IMO because you still have to relocate both the Super bowl teams to a common site. I still suggest a college campus as this allows the players to say there and be cleared in a bubble. (1 game but 2 extra weeks plus a week off) 4 weeks

This puts the season at a total of 25 weeks. from start to superbowl. With 3 Break for players to return home. In bubble for no longer than 7 weeks at a time..... The Ability to leave and come back.... and No Travel.

I think the NBA has the right idea. IDK if this would work perfectly. But if the MLB is any indication you cant just have a season.

-Rem Koolhaas

There's a no name twitter guy who is saying Foles will opt out of the 2020 season. If this is true and that leaves the Bears with Mitch and presumably Bray as the only QB's on the roster, I will be rooting HARD for the season to not happen.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    There's a no name twitter guy who is saying Foles will opt out of the 2020 season. If this is true and that leaves the Bears with Mitch and presumably Bray as the only QB's on the roster, I will be rooting HARD for the season to not happen.
    dont blame him.... just had a kid. Its getting pretty clear the season will be a **** show if it can happen.

-Rem Koolhaas