Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 466 of 501 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 7514
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Mahomes will never be underpaid, period. And the cap is not always going to go up. You can't field a team with just a QB and a bunch of draft picks and UDFA. Once the other stars of K.C. starts pricing themselves out of K.C. Mahomes will be basically a one man show with no help.

-----------

and blams, I agree. Mahomes will be the most dominant QB of his generation but that does not mean he is going to have titles after titles.
    Aaron rodgers is a perfect example of exactly what you are saying. one of the best of the decade and the packers and 1 superbowl appearance because of poor team management around him.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I think his concern is the cap will stop inflating at some point. That hasn't happened in a while so I'm skeptical as well.

IF that did happen though - the Chiefs will be in some trouble

This hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but just wanted to point out that Brady was never selfless. He just has a wife that has a far greater net worth and thus has no need to break the bank. He had a luxury most do not.
    I get that. I don't think that was his main point though.

Definitely agree with the cap tho, the only thing that slows it down is covid. Once that's gone and the new TV deal goes into affect in 2022 it's going to balloon like crazy unless we have a new pandemic or something like a world war.

I agree on Brady, his wife made near double him most of her career. His endorsements are crazy as well. I don't really agree with saying he has a luxury other don't when top QBs make the money they do excluding endorsements. I think they all have that luxury should they choose to make a decision to take few million less. I think it shows more about his character. Never needing to be the top paid QB, satisfied being the greatest winner the sport has ever seen.

Who in the next five years will jump Mahomes in contract? Watson? Doubtful? Jackson? Only if he goes from athlete playing the position to being an actual QB. Prescott? I think he's good but not enough to have him jump Mahomes. Otherwise, I don't see a QB jumping Mahomes in the next five years.
    I could see Murray..... Burrow pending...... Jackson....... Hell if Dak hits the open market he will be way overpaid

The way the nfl works nobody takes less than the less guy.... yes mahomes is a step above..... but remind me how long the best QB of our era stays the highest paud b4 another guy jumps him.... and you expedt mahomes to stay on top for the next 12 years (if you include his 2 remaining years) Nope.

Also I dont think he is that great but for as high as some people are in Baker he could too.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 07-08-2020 at 02:55 AM.

-Rem Koolhaas

Completely blanked on Jackson lol. I really like Prescott too, just not sure what his ceiling is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Which is why I consider it a very stupid move for the Chiefs. I understand WHY they did this deal because if they don't some other team will. But all this contract does is pretty much guarantees the Chiefs won't be winning another title with Mahomes.
    They have another 2 years..... but once that money kicks in it will be really hard.

-Rem Koolhaas

not figuring escalators or guaranteed money or bonuses, but total money, Mahomes makes like $96 a minute. Think about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I could see Murray..... Burrow pending...... Jackson....... Hell if Dak hits the open market he will be way overpaid

The way the nfl works nobody takes less than the less guy.... yes mahomes is a step above..... but remind me how long the best QB of our era stays the highest paud b4 another guy jumps him.... and you expedt mahomes to stay on top for the next 12 years (if you include his 2 remaining years) Nope.

Also I dont think he is that great but for as high as some people are in Baker he could too.
    I don't see any of those guys getting MORE than Mahomes. If they do then those teams are going to be in trouble.
    Screw sabermetics.

I don't see any of those guys getting MORE than Mahomes. If they do then those teams are going to be in trouble.
    i dont disagree but the nature of the beast is you dont take less than the last guy if you are close to on par with him.

I think its also going to be interesting what happens when due to mahomes Contract his suporting cast deteriorates while a guy like Murray and Burrow have alot more tallent around then because they can afford it.

I mean im going to say something that .ay trigger some people but is Mahomes really 10mil per year + better than Wilson. Looking at the stats last year its debatable

TD% is nearly is actually in favor of Wilson
    INT% is identical
    Completion % is a smidge in favor of Wilson

And while Mahomes is passing for 31 YPG more per game..... Take a look at the supporting cast and tell me that Wilson has any semblance of the same tallent around him

Between the obvious gap at Skill position with Hill Kelce Watkins and Hardon vs the seahawks Locket Holister Metcalf and Moore. But even moore so when you compare the OL which Wilson plays behind vs the Cheifs where Mahomes is taking 3.4% sack rate compared to Wilson who is at 8.5

I just think by the time Murray is due for a contract.... he is going to be doing some incredible things in that offense like Mahomes is doing with the cheifs. And it will be hard to argue that he deserves less.... especially if by that time mahomes looses some OL or Kelce due to cap constraints.

I think Baker could as well. Now that the browns have two respectable OTs...... and those play makers..... Baker very well may look like Mahomes this year.

-Rem Koolhaas

I think Baker will be great. I thought he'd be in the mvp convo last year lol!

Click here to register!

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...764838913?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think Baker will be great. I thought he'd be in the mvp convo last year lol!

i think you may see something special.... im not willing to bet on it..... but they actually have 2 good (Hopefully) OTs now which should buy baker time to let a guy like Odell get open. Thats not to mention Landry and Hopper too.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    i think you may see something special.... im not willing to bet on it..... but they actually have 2 good (Hopefully) OTs now which should buy baker time to let a guy like Odell get open. Thats not to mention Landry and Hopper too.
    Yeah if he can't be good with that team around him.... he's really bad.

I expect him to be a high TO guy but the yards and TDs shouldnt be too hard to come by.

Click here to register!

Yeah if he can't be good with that team around him.... he's really bad.

I expect him to be a high TO guy but the yards and TDs shouldnt be too hard to come by.

Starting to think Baker Mayfield is a slightly less turnover prone version of Sexy Rexy.

Baker just needs a legit coach. Still a big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Baker just needs a legit coach. Still a big fan.
    With you 100% on this. I still think he has an MVP caliber season/s before itís all said and done.