Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 465 of 501 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 7514
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Thought Mahomes contract was a % deal increases every year the cap goes up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That could be right. Didn't know that- but I could still see it being a bargain.

Certainly makes it less likely though.

Is that the first time this has been done?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    The mahomes contract is bannanas. And when it kicks in im betting they have real issues. More importantly though idk if i like it for either side. On one hand you have mahomes who is now locked i for 10 years as the base for basically any good/Great QB moving foward. Meaning at some point in the next 5 years I think he gets jumped in which he could Argue he deserves more. (its the way contracts have allways worked. Rodgers current deal which is only a few years old looks like peanuts now). On the other 10 years foe the team is Rediculous Cause nobody knows what happens in the next 5 years much less 10. I hate to say it but alex smith could happen at any time to anyone. U hope it doesnt but it easily could.

i know i may sound crazy right now but part of me is glad we didnt draft mahomes. That contract is going to be a back breaker on any franchise. To put it into perspective right now the cheifs are spending

17 mil on Hill
    15 mil on Fisher
    10 mil on schwartz
    11 mil on Kelce

Thats 53 mil..... And in not exactly sure what Mahomes yearly # ends up being (i have heard conflicts from 400-500 mil over 10 years.... some debates if its cap sensitive) But that is just an insane amount of $ to have hit your books in 2 years..... especially when you consider Chris jones is playing on the Tag.... Mitheu... shwartz.... Fisher and Kelce all become Free agents the year that contract hits.... most likely are either lost or looking for more $.

Its going to be a great 2 years for them...... but Mark my words that next 10 is going to be really tough on them unless they draft perfectly.... because they wont be able to fill needs and roster holes in FA like they did for this superbowl run.... and id you want to argue they didnt ..Matheu and Clark (trade but needed cap to sign) were the two best players on that D. Watkins was signed because they could not find another receiver.

And looking back at their drafts.... have they been hitting home runs other than Mahomes? Cause they need to to keep that roster working cause they are going to loose so much tallent in the next few years.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

2020 Offseason Thread

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCJL1lUp...d=ktb36t676ojc

Mitch throwing arm was structural imbalanced? Prob like when some of those fitness and wrestlers go see a chiropractor and the rang of motion on ligaments gets fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Stunner; 07-07-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Mahomes prolly deserves whatever he gets, but if they think he’s gonna be great when his legs aren’t a weapon anymore, they’re gonna be sadly mistaken. A lot of his big plays are created from extending plays with his legs

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Mahomes prolly deserves whatever he gets, but if they think he’s gonna be great when his legs aren’t a weapon anymore, they’re gonna be sadly mistaken. A lot of his big plays are created from extending plays with his legs
    Depends how his ability to read and react improves over time. But yes, either way, that will cause a decline however slight it may be.

Click here to register!

Lol

Click here to register!

The Mahomes deal in this climate is semi-ridiculous, would think the Chiefs could have done better. They had a lot working against them in terms of getting this deal done, most notably being in Kansas City.

That being said, the new TV deal the NFL will be negotiating will likely push the salary cap to 300+ million in the next 5-6 years. At that point, Mahomes deal won't be ridiculous and might even be a discount. Congrats to them, regardless of how the financials play out in the future, I'm jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    . Meaning at some point in the next 5 years I think he gets jumped in which he could Argue he deserves more.
    Who in the next five years will jump Mahomes in contract? Watson? Doubtful? Jackson? Only if he goes from athlete playing the position to being an actual QB. Prescott? I think he's good but not enough to have him jump Mahomes. Otherwise, I don't see a QB jumping Mahomes in the next five years.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    The Mahomes deal in this climate is semi-ridiculous, would think the Chiefs could have done better. They had a lot working against them in terms of getting this deal done, most notably being in Kansas City.

That being said, the new TV deal the NFL will be negotiating will likely push the salary cap to 300+ million in the next 5-6 years. At that point, Mahomes deal won't be ridiculous and might even be a discount. Congrats to them, regardless of how the financials play out in the future, I'm jealous.
    I don't ever see Mahomes deal being a discount. Because if it is then that mean there is a player approaching 1B and I don't see that happening.
    Screw sabermetics.

Would like the Bears to kick the tires on good free agents left depending how cheap they'd come.

LB/Edge/DE/Pass Rushers/DL
    Everson Griffen
    Clay Mathews
    Ez Ansah
    Suggs - Think he could play line in a pinch or passrushing downs and be a strong backup OLB for cheap
    Ogletree - Hve no faith Iggy has developed, would like some insurance.
    Michael Bennett (semi-douche) might be a fit with our strong defenses locker room.
    NT there are a bunch of guys out there (snacks) who could be a high-end type backup if they don't get another deal.

RBs think we definitely need another vet guy in the room, even if they're cut.
    Devonte Freeman
    Lamar Miller (if healthy)
    Theo Riddick (if healthy)
    Isaiah Crowell (if healthy)

OL
    Jason Peters - would love him as a swing tackle or insurance if Massie/Leno suck or get hurt/covid.
    Jordan Mills/Jamarcus Webb.... just kidding.
    Veldheer
    Warford - Too rich probably

DB
    Tony Jefferson - Don't know health. If he could compete, amazing. If not, 2 year deal stashing on IR this year. When Gipson is gone, he comes in next year.
    There are a lot of other established aging vets who could come cheap and be a good 3rd/4th option.
    CB- there are so many solid players out there. Would like one to compete with all our young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I don't ever see Mahomes deal being a discount. Because if it is then that mean there is a player approaching 1B and I don't see that happening.
    You may be right, it feels like Mahomes is going to be the clear cut most dominant QB for a while, just like Peyton and Rodgers were for a few years there.

Click here to register!

Look at this
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...mahomes-21751/

Top Qbs are getting 14-16% of the cap right now.

Mahomes will be underpaid by that metric likely until...forever if people predicting salary cap futures are correct.

It's been pretty well reported before the covid **** they could hit 240 million next year. While probably not that likely now, the 5-6 year projections should still hit 300 million pretty easily.

2021 - Underpaid
    2022 - Underpaid
    2023 - Likely below 16% and underpaid
    2024-2026 - Underpaid
    2027 - Possible overpay year if cap hasn't exceeded 300 million, which it likely will. Either way, I'm sure this is the restructure year.

I can't find a year where he is over payed outsie 2027 if any of the projections for the future hold true. Even the 60 million dollar year with a 300 potential plus salary cap isn't a massive overpay.

Mahomes will never be underpaid, period. And the cap is not always going to go up. You can't field a team with just a QB and a bunch of draft picks and UDFA. Once the other stars of K.C. starts pricing themselves out of K.C. Mahomes will be basically a one man show with no help.

-----------

and blams, I agree. Mahomes will be the most dominant QB of his generation but that does not mean he is going to have titles after titles.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Mahomes will never be underpaid, period. And the cap is not always going to go up. You can't field a team with just a QB and a bunch of draft picks and UDFA. Once the other stars of K.C. starts pricing themselves out of K.C. Mahomes will be basically a one man show with no help.

-----------

and blams, I agree. Mahomes will be the most dominant QB of his generation but that does not mean he is going to have titles after titles.
    Cool. Figure you didn't click the link then because he is definitely underpaid the next 3 years barring any cap decreases. He was underpaid the previous 2 as well.

Worst case scenario the cap decreases next year and the following year because of covid. Things back to normal, and the new TV deal in 2022 still means a giant cap jump before his big pay day years. If covid didn't happen, the cap would always go up, at least for the duration of a Mahomes.

You could field a team with UDFAs and draft picks, definitely not recommended.

Players price themselves out of good teams all the time. You find more players. Maybe your team talent takes a bit of a hit because you're paying a top QB, but you also have a top QB still.

It's ridiculous to suggest the Chiefs can't pay anyone else and Mahomes would be a 1 man show. It's almost like you didn't read what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Cool. Figure you didn't click the link then because he is definitely underpaid the next 3 years barring any cap decreases. He was underpaid the previous 2 as well.

Worst case scenario the cap decreases next year and the following year because of covid. Things back to normal, and the new TV deal in 2022 still means a giant cap jump before his big pay day years. If covid didn't happen, the cap would always go up, at least for the duration of a Mahomes.

You could field a team with UDFAs and draft picks, definitely not recommended.

Players price themselves out of good teams all the time. You find more players. Maybe your team talent takes a bit of a hit because you're paying a top QB, but you also have a top QB still.

It's ridiculous to suggest the Chiefs can't pay anyone else and Mahomes would be a 1 man show. It's almost like you didn't read what I wrote.
    I think his concern is the cap will stop inflating at some point. That hasn't happened in a while so I'm skeptical as well.

IF that did happen though - the Chiefs will be in some trouble

This hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but just wanted to point out that Brady was never selfless. He just has a wife that has a far greater net worth and thus has no need to break the bank. He had a luxury most do not.

Click here to register!