Follow us on Twitter

Page 457 of 501 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 7514
    https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...992610304?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post

It's a shame he's bad because if he had "it" he'd probably be great. The work ethic and determination seems to be there.

Curious to see how being the backup affects his mentality ? Maybe he can use it to his advantage and soak all can in from Foles.

Reason I care is because - as kyben has pointed out- there is a good chance Foles wont last all 16

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post

Its crazy how well liked Mitch seems to be. Harris who just joined the team has literally no reason to stand up for the guy.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...737306625?s=21

Haha, what? Who exactly is counting Roquan out?

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Haha, what? Who exactly is counting Roquan out?

i will admit im not as high on him as i was after his rok year. That weird absense probably has something to do with it. or the fact our LBs last year ended with major injuries. But hey man if he needs to have somebody think he isnt good to work harder Ill send a bunch of hate tweets to help him out

-Rem Koolhaas

I know its beating a dead horse a bit.... though it is dead around here. On the Kaep debate and what he may be able to do???? I think looking at Michael Vick is an interesting way to compare Kaep coming back as Vic is one of the few players to take multiple years off and return. 2 compared to 3 though.... but a major absence from football none the less.

There is a bit of a diference though. Vic returned at age 29..... where as Kaep is already 32. However they are both pretty similar in the fact both are more known for their legs then their arms.

The question is how many years do you think you can squeeze out of Kaep. Vick came back and had some of his best years from 2010-12 with the eagles in terms of passing. But was basically done by 33/34. IDK exactly how many years you could get out of Kaep.... But like Vick the first year back is probably not going to be on the feild so much. Surely he won't be thrust into any starting jobs baring injury. I also think there is question of how the league has really changed. and become more and more pass happy. And weather a Vick or Kaep can really fit in anymore. I mean yes you have Lamar Jackson..... but its hard to compare Kaep to him.... escpecially now.

IDK.... I still remain it makes little sense for Kaep to come back though. Barring a Nick Foles like playoff run after an injury idk what its going to prove. the most likely scenario is it just proves he is who we thought he was.

I mean.... you tell me since I brought up the comparison. Did Michael Vick returning and having statistically his best seasons with the eagles really change your opinions of him as a player. He was 9th in the nfl in passing YPG in 2010.... but i hardley think it changed the naritive of he was a run first QB. And FWIW.... i still think due to age Kaep is just less likely to find success like vick did. I could be wrong..... But I just personally don't see the point in playing at this point unless he desprately needed the money.... something i just don't think he does.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I know its beating a dead horse a bit.... though it is dead around here. On the Kaep debate and what he may be able to do???? I think looking at Michael Vick is an interesting way to compare Kaep coming back as Vic is one of the few players to take multiple years off and return. 2 compared to 3 though.... but a major absence from football none the less.

There is a bit of a diference though. Vic returned at age 29..... where as Kaep is already 32. However they are both pretty similar in the fact both are more known for their legs then their arms.

The question is how many years do you think you can squeeze out of Kaep. Vick came back and had some of his best years from 2010-12 with the eagles in terms of passing. But was basically done by 33/34. IDK exactly how many years you could get out of Kaep.... But like Vick the first year back is probably not going to be on the feild so much. Surely he won't be thrust into any starting jobs baring injury. I also think there is question of how the league has really changed. and become more and more pass happy. And weather a Vick or Kaep can really fit in anymore. I mean yes you have Lamar Jackson..... but its hard to compare Kaep to him.... escpecially now.

IDK.... I still remain it makes little sense for Kaep to come back though. Barring a Nick Foles like playoff run after an injury idk what its going to prove. the most likely scenario is it just proves he is who we thought he was.

I mean.... you tell me since I brought up the comparison. Did Michael Vick returning and having statistically his best seasons with the eagles really change your opinions of him as a player. He was 9th in the nfl in passing YPG in 2010.... but i hardley think it changed the naritive of he was a run first QB. And FWIW.... i still think due to age Kaep is just less likely to find success like vick did. I could be wrong..... But I just personally don't see the point in playing at this point unless he desprately needed the money.... something i just don't think he does.
    I think Kaep is better than Foles given the same system and knowing the offense

That's just my opinion though, I wouldn't debate it much lol

It's hard to tell how long you would get out of him. Probably 2,3 years max.

Click here to register!

i will admit im not as high on him as i was after his rok year. That weird absense probably has something to do with it. or the fact our LBs last year ended with major injuries. But hey man if he needs to have somebody think he isnt good to work harder Ill send a bunch of hate tweets to help him out
    You ain't nothin', ain't never been nothin', won't ever be nothin'.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Kap comparison to me has basically no merit. Vick was never a good passer. He had a good year in 2010 as a passer, but 2011-2012 were pretty garbage. I'd put his 2010 season as an anomaly given how long he was gone. NFL defenses didn't have a guy like him to prepare for and he caught the league for a year.Kap was never the elusive game breaking type of runner either of these guys was. Definitely more of a cerebral passer than Vick, but already not as good as Jackson.

Jackson is a different animal. He's already a better passer than Vick was, and arguably somehow, a better runner.

All that being said, no doubt I would like Kaep to be brought in as a 3rd QB who could make some noise. These comparisons are just silly though. He was never THAT good, but he has probably always been better than what we've had since he was blackballed.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    The Kap comparison to me has basically no merit. Vick was never a good passer. He had a good year in 2010 as a passer, but 2011-2012 were pretty garbage. I'd put his 2010 season as an anomaly given how long he was gone. NFL defenses didn't have a guy like him to prepare for and he caught the league for a year.Kap was never the elusive game breaking type of runner either of these guys was. Definitely more of a cerebral passer than Vick, but already not as good as Jackson.

Jackson is a different animal. He's already a better passer than Vick was, and arguably somehow, a better runner.

All that being said, no doubt I would like Kaep to be brought in as a 3rd QB who could make some noise. These comparisons are just silly though. He was never THAT good, but he has probably always been better than what we've had since he was blackballed.
    can we stop lying to ourselves saying that Kaep was a good passer. his stats are close to vick from his 2nd season in kaeps best year. His stats are nearly identical to Mitch last year. and once again the comparison was made because Kaep has had 3 years off.... Vick had two. so it kinda proves you can return But again Vick came back 3 years younger too.

the truth is Kaep was 24th in the nfl in passing YPG HIS BEST YEAR. He wasnt some great QB. He was OK..... startable. But the question is what does a 32 YO mobile QB who hasnt played in three years really offer you.

I mean one thing that also isnt mentioned but should is even if he came back this year and was signed today he may have minimal contact with players and coaches to even get reps. its one of the major arguements why Foles was a better trade then say Dalton or Cam. So he may just burn a whole year on the bench that way.

I still think we could and should bring somebody else in. I just don't think its Kaep. Even best case your getting what the 28th best QB from 3 years ago. my personal choice would be nate sudfeld. if the eagles decide to only carry two he has knowledge of the system and may be able to step in and play while developing into a backup.

But hey thats just me.

I mean for Kaep anyway would the best case scenario not be to just do what Cam Newton is and wait for somebody to get hurt to basically guaruntee playing time anyway? Some like what Winston did signing with the saints but there is a 50/50 shot he never sees the feild and is back at square one and Kaep being 32/33 doesnt have the ability to realy absorb risk like that signing with say the seahawks and saying maybe Wilson goes down. Or signing here and being 3rd on the depth chart till he can even learn the playbook and get in enough reps.

-Rem Koolhaas

can we stop lying to ourselves saying that Kaep was a good passer. his stats are close to vick from his 2nd season in kaeps best year. His stats are nearly identical to Mitch last year. and once again the comparison was made because Kaep has had 3 years off.... Vick had two. so it kinda proves you can return But again Vick came back 3 years younger too.

the truth is Kaep was 24th in the nfl in passing YPG HIS BEST YEAR. He wasnt some great QB. He was OK..... startable. But the question is what does a 32 YO mobile QB who hasnt played in three years really offer you.

I mean one thing that also isnt mentioned but should is even if he came back this year and was signed today he may have minimal contact with players and coaches to even get reps. its one of the major arguements why Foles was a better trade then say Dalton or Cam. So he may just burn a whole year on the bench that way.

I still think we could and should bring somebody else in. I just don't think its Kaep. Even best case your getting what the 28th best QB from 3 years ago. my personal choice would be nate sudfeld. if the eagles decide to only carry two he has knowledge of the system and may be able to step in and play while developing into a backup.

But hey thats just me.

I mean for Kaep anyway would the best case scenario not be to just do what Cam Newton is and wait for somebody to get hurt to basically guaruntee playing time anyway? Some like what Winston did signing with the saints but there is a 50/50 shot he never sees the feild and is back at square one and Kaep being 32/33 doesnt have the ability to realy absorb risk like that signing with say the seahawks and saying maybe Wilson goes down. Or signing here and being 3rd on the depth chart till he can even learn the playbook and get in enough reps.
    16 tds and 4 ints... he had nothing around him. He was not the 28th best qb at that point. I think he could have been closer to what he was in years 1/2 in the right system with some talent around him

He would probably be mediocre coming back.

Foles is the guy this year (because he knows the offense). If that wasnt the case, he is definitely worse than Kaep imo. Weaker arm, immobile. Kaep would kick *** in an RPO (imo). Even Hub said its the perfect offense for him.

I'd rather Kaep go somewhere he has a chance to start.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    16 tds and 4 ints... he had nothing around him. He was not the 28th best qb at that point. I think he could have been closer to what he was in years 1/2 in the right system with some talent around him

He would probably be mediocre coming back.

Foles is the guy this year (because he knows the offense). If that wasnt the case, he is definitely worse than Kaep imo. Weaker arm, immobile. Kaep would kick *** in an RPO (imo). Even Hub said its the perfect offense for him.

I'd rather Kaep go somewhere he has a chance to start.

Nothing around him.

Crabtree was 27.... in his prime. and a 1000 yard receiver both b4 and after his time with Kaep. So was he just awful for a year or could Kaep not get him the ball. Boldin was a 1000 yard receiver. Vernon Davis was a 800 yard TE the year B4.... and found more success later in Washington. and thats not even including steve johnson who was a 1000 yard receiver in Buffalo and still a 500 yard guy in SF?

Dont give me he didnt have weapons. And once again this was his best year. 210 passing yard per game is not good for a carear high. He is a run first QB. yet people want to act like he was a great QB. He is older now..... has not been in the league for 3 years.

I just hate when i see people Bash Mitch and then make up all these excuses for somebody else. He went 3 and 16 in his final two yeara..... was benched..... and has not played for 3 years Yet he is somehow not only going to make the team.... but beat out Mitch?
    Last edited by Kyben36; 06-12-2020 at 06:24 PM.

-Rem Koolhaas