Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 440 of 476 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 7135

2020 Offseason Thread

Will say Mitch has pulled out some big plays for us in the clutch sometimes. In a close game down to the wire he turns into another person guess Cuz he looks more free and uptempo

https://twitter.com/dandeyoungfb/sta...720508928?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m a big Mitch supporter.

And Foles should get the job unless Mitch looks like the second coming of Mike Vick. And even then Foles should probably get the start.

And Mitch has better be ready for if/when he gets hurt. If he can be, he’s got another shot in the NFL - probably not here, but a shot. He’s literally playing for his professional career. I anticipate he’ll be better than 2019 if he gets an opportunity.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I'd hang my hat on Foles over Mitch.

And that is fine... but the truth is im still really questioning if Foles can really lead an offense without a running game. we have never really seen it. And a bigger question is how mich better Mitch also might look if he had one.

Im willing to give either a shot. If mitch proves us wrong good for him. If foles is better its fine.... but also probably isnt the answer either.

I just am willing to give this a shot. Mitch was basically a 3500 yard passer last year if u disclude his 3 attempt Vikings game he got hurt early in. Its not great but not as bad as some in here want to preach either. And that was also while Hurt too for a number of games and with one of the worst TE rooms ever. And yet some in here act like he was and is the cancer of the world. Lol.

Let them decide. If mitch cant step up fine. But to hear some cry that if Mitch starts they will be upset. Its rediculous.

And FWIW..... what do people really think Foles is capable of. is he really going to be a 4500 yard passer like he averaged in 2018 for a 5 game stretch ... That seems unlikely to me. 4000? probably closer to a realistic good season. But Also realistically how far off is mitch from that? obviously the upgrades at TE should help. Hopefully the running game gets off the ground. and the offense as a whole will run better... and if Mitch was a 3500 yard passer the last year. thats 224 yards per game as opposed to 250? To me.... i really don't think its that unreasonable to think Mitch could make up that ground and be starter. I just think people either think way too highly of Foles..... who isnt going to be a top 5 passer with 4500 yards. Or way to low on Mitch who still has room to improve.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 05-03-2020 at 10:03 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

FWIW though..... if Mitch does fail and Foles is the guy. QBs next year look interesting because idk if you can really trust foles for the future.

According to PPF, the top quarterbacks in next year’s class are Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, Ohio State’s Justin Fields, Iowa State’s Brock Purdy, Minnesota’s Tanner Morgan, North Dakota State’s Trey Lance, Georgia Jamie Newman, Mississippi State’s KJ Costello and Florida’s Kyle Trask.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    And that is fine... but the truth is im still really questioning if Foles can really lead an offense without a running game. we have never really seen it. And a bigger question is how mich better Mitch also might look if he had one.

Im willing to give either a shot. If mitch proves us wrong good for him. If foles is better its fine.... but also probably isnt the answer either.

I just am willing to give this a shot. Mitch was basically a 3500 yard passer last year if u disclude his 3 attempt Vikings game he got hurt early in. Its not great but not as bad as some in here want to preach either. And that was also while Hurt too for a number of games and with one of the worst TE rooms ever. And yet some in here act like he was and is the cancer of the world. Lol.

Let them decide. If mitch cant step up fine. But to hear some cry that if Mitch starts they will be upset. Its rediculous.

And FWIW..... what do people really think Foles is capable of. is he really going to be a 4500 yard passer like he averaged in 2018 for a 5 game stretch ... That seems unlikely to me. 4000? probably closer to a realistic good season. But Also realistically how far off is mitch from that? obviously the upgrades at TE should help. Hopefully the running game gets off the ground. and the offense as a whole will run better... and if Mitch was a 3500 yard passer the last year. thats 224 yards per game as opposed to 250? To me.... i really don't think its that unreasonable to think Mitch could make up that ground and be starter. I just think people either think way too highly of Foles..... who isnt going to be a top 5 passer with 4500 yards. Or way to low on Mitch who still has room to improve.
    How will we find out how Mitch plays with running game when he keeps calling pass out of the RPO. Our run game was nonexistent because he always checked out of run to a pass.

This running game argument you keep making is getting a little ridiculous. Sure, the run game sucked last year. The previous 2 years we were middle of the pack though.

In 2018 with the Eagles they had like the 29th ranked run game and Foles led them to a Superbowl. I'm not even a Foles fan but if he is better than Mitch, like we all expect, it will help the run game.

The last 4 games of the season we ran the ball very well, hopefully that carries over a bit this year.

2020 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leathernecks View Post
    How will we find out how Mitch plays with running game when he keeps calling pass out of the RPO. Our run game was nonexistent because he always checked out of run to a pass.
    Run game was nonexistent cuz they couldn’t block that’s the first and upmost thing . Couldn’t even run it when chase was there for two games either so it wasn’t just Mitch and the RPO’s

Last edited by Stunner; 05-04-2020 at 12:08 AM.

2020 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    This running game argument you keep making is getting a little ridiculous. Sure, the run game sucked last year. The previous 2 years we were middle of the pack though.

In 2018 with the Eagles they had like the 29th ranked run game and Foles led them to a Superbowl. I'm not even a Foles fan but if he is better than Mitch, like we all expect, it will help the run game.

The last 4 games of the season we ran the ball very well, hopefully that carries over a bit this year.

Nick Foles was meh those 3 last regular season games when he got inserted in. The whole offense got red hot out of nowhere in the playoffs tho. Blount and Ajayi were averaging near 4.5 ypc , Ajayi ran all over the pats in the super bowl .

The whole run game argument kinda goes out the window when you consider the system Nagy's running here. When the Eagles won the Super Bowl they were 15th in DVOA. When the Chiefs won the Super Bowl they were 14th.

I don't think we're ever going to have a great running game under Nagy, but recent history says you don't need one to win either.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathernecks View Post
    This is the most rediculous argument I could imagine. So Nagy calls no designed runs. Mitch is audibling out of every one. And He is the reason our run game averaged 3.7 YPC which was 3rd worst in the NFL is Mitch? OK

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post

First... Previous 2 years argument. Nagy was not here for one. It was mitches rok year under fox so lets really not even talk about it. Especially when not a single receiver from that team is even in the NFL anymore.

But Just a Few thoughts.. You admit that 2018 the Rushing offense was average... which was Mitch's Best year... HIs first year in a real offense. (CURIOUS)

You Think that 2018 we had an average rushing offense. Yet our YPA was T-5th worst in at 4.1 Which is Terrible still

Mitch's Legs acounted for 400 for the 1900 rushing yards. So that was a healhty boost to a run game which would otherwise look alot worse. Mitch wasnt running last year and rushed for half that. a 200 yard diference. FWIW both years 200 yards would have put us 7 spots higher or lower depending on which Mitch you think is real. The Rushing Mitch or the Mitch off 2019. So that would move us down from 11th to 18th in 2018. Which still sucks. Or you could argue mitch should have run beter healthy which would move our Rushing offense in 2019 from 6th worst to closer to middle of the pack? I Think this would be seen as silly though to make that argument.

And As for Foles. Foles won a superbowl with the 2017 not 2018 wtih the 4th best YPC in the NFL at 4.5 YPC.... and 3rd most rushing yards in the NFL. The offense that went to the superbowl could run the ball at an elite level.

And in 2018..... Your right. he didnt have an elite Running game. And Remind me How well he played in the playoffs that year. 266 2TD 2 INT vs the Bears.... and 201 1TD 2 INT vs the rams. He didnt look special at all.

I just think There is a chance that we dont see the Same foles or we could see a different mitch depending on how this offense and the run game goes. You may want to argue differently but there is little doubt that a run game takes the pressure off a QB. And to me. Neither Mitch or Foles is going to be a guy who shines in a pass first offense.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    The whole run game argument kinda goes out the window when you consider the system Nagy's running here. When the Eagles won the Super Bowl they were 15th in DVOA. When the Chiefs won the Super Bowl they were 14th.

I don't think we're ever going to have a great running game under Nagy, but recent history says you don't need one to win either.
    Eagles had a Great running game that season? 4th in YPC and 3rd in total yards. and the Cheifs... well The cheifs have Mahomes Magic... we cant compare foles or Mitch to that. To me... if you want to make a comparison to Foles I think you could do it with Alex Smith... Who seemed to me had Kareem Hunt durring his best season who led the league in rushing. But hey... Maybe Alex smith could have been just as good if he had a bottom 5 Rushing group like we had last year and could honestly have next year barring their coaching hypothesis working.

I just think if you really expect Foles to lead this offense Signifigantly better if he was on the bears last year... I think your dreaming. I really hope we get the running game figured out though. For the Teams sake. Because I have little hope that Foles or Mitch will ever lead a pass first offense.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by timov8 View Post
    Foles ain't ****, ain't ever been ****. You better hope Mitchell takes that step forward and brings some 2018 confidence.

If we're hanging our hat on the journeyman Nick "right place right time, floats a lollipop, can't play a whole season, outperformed by Minshew" Foles it'll be a very long season.

I hope it clicks and slows down for Mitchell, or someone finds a way to give him Dumbo's feather. I really think this cat could fly...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I think you meant Mitch.

The more feasible hope to Mitch taking that imaginary next step is that Foles is at least a competent version of himself. We all know he's got plenty of bad tape out there, but unlike Mitch, he's had good seasons too (particularly in this style of offense) and is still our best shot right now.

Also just because it came up, I think it's fair to be a bit critical of Pace here for jumping the market (again) on Foles. I think he's a better fit and probably the better QB right now than Dalton, but not by the amount of money and extra year of commitment involved. Contract aside, losing that 4th hurt us too.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-04-2020 at 07:55 AM.

FWIW though..... if Mitch does fail and Foles is the guy. QBs next year look interesting because idk if you can really trust foles for the future.

According to PPF, the top quarterbacks in next year’s class are Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, Ohio State’s Justin Fields, Iowa State’s Brock Purdy, Minnesota’s Tanner Morgan, North Dakota State’s Trey Lance, Georgia Jamie Newman, Mississippi State’s KJ Costello and Florida’s Kyle Trask.
    Foles isn't for the future, you are in win now mode.