Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 436 of 501 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 7514
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    100% need a guy capable of being an every down back in case Monty goes down.

Also, give me Dalton on a minimum deal for when Foles goes down.
    Dalton as a backup would be amazing. Hell, he could be better than Foles. I'm thinking he gets shot at a starting job in new england.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Dalton as a backup would be amazing. Hell, he could be better than Foles. I'm thinking he gets shot at a starting job in new england.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yea, if we actually landed Dalton I think he would beat out Foles pretty easily in a camp battle with Trubisky braiding hair on the sideline.

That's been my thinking as well. Just seems like a really good fit for Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Iím mean how many teams in a 3-4 carry more than 4 ILB unless injury occur? How many teams really can keep things going once a starter goes out ? We lucked out last season cuz KWIT was home grown to have him as ILB . Thatís all Iím saying maybe that changes with the roster limit improving tho , we just have to see how the team folds out cuz that means taking depth from another position of a player we might value. Iím
    not saying we donít maybe they will but I think they prob Wanna develop in-house for depth in some areas where they can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I get what you're saying about the number of backups, but I guess a guy like Josh Woods could be gone tomorrow and I don't think anyone would even notice. I expect Iyiebuniwe to get a chance as a backup since he was a 4th round pick just 2 years ago, but I have no clue what to expect there. Just saying it'd more ideal to bring in a KPL type of backup in the event that one of the starters get hurt or Iyiebuniwe flops.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Ya I'm cool with Tashaun just anyone to compete with Bush. Agree on ILB and O-line depth being next on my list personally. Would still like another edge rusher also, but similar to the O-line feels like they like the group we have.
    I would definitely prefer someone a little better than Mingo as your 3rd/4th EDGE. If one of the starters goes down then we're asking a lot out of a 5th round Rookie who hasn't yet played as a stand up rusher. Pretty risky.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I would definitely prefer someone a little better than Mingo as your 3rd/4th EDGE. If one of the starters goes down then we're asking a lot out of a 5th round Rookie who hasn't yet played as a stand up rusher. Pretty risky.
    most teams are like that though. FWIW Charlton was just released. i don't think i like him as an edge..... but i could see him being like Roy Roberson Harris who finds success inside

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    most teams are like that though. FWIW Charlton was just released. i don't think i like him as an edge..... but i could see him being like Roy Roberson Harris who finds success inside
    FWIW.... who do u have more faith in.

Edge With Mingo and Gipson
    Or ILB with Woods or Iggy

Personally.... i think they have high hopes for Gipson.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Yeah I mean I'd take Lynch back if we can't do better.

So, looking closer at Tashaun Gipson, he actually played SS all of last season for the first time in his career. Seems like he played pretty well too.

Had 3 picks, a defensive TD, only allowed 1 TD, a 55 QB rating, and had an acceptable missed tackle % (13.7).

Feels like a really solid fit next to Eddie and likely won't push him off of FS like HaHa did.

So, looking closer at Tashaun Gipson, he actually played SS all of last season for the first time in his career. Seems like he played pretty well too.

Had 3 picks, a defensive TD, only allowed 1 TD, a 55 QB rating, and had an acceptable missed tackle % (13.7).

Feels like a really solid fit next to Eddie and likely won't push him off of FS like HaHa did.
    Not to mention he was playing with a fractured back. Out of curiosity, what is an average missed tackle rate for a SS?

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    Not to mention he was playing with a fractured back. Out of curiosity, what is an average missed tackle rate for a SS?
    Hard to say since Pro Football Reference has only been tracking stats like that for 2 seasons, but among all S, he was 18th, so better than average. FWIW, HaHa was a little better at 10.3% and Eddie was worse at 15.5% (right around middle of the pack).

Lol ok Clay

https://twitter.com/mikeclaynfl/stat...978988544?s=21

https://twitter.com/mattbowen41/stat...289599488?s=21

Really a fan of the Ginn and Gipson signings. Now give me an edge (I prefer Suggs here) and an ILB. Pace is obviously in win now made, as he should be. Suggs is old, but to spell Mack/Quinn on occasion, with Gipson in the fold - Iím very comfortable with that.

Still too thin at ILB for my liking. It was deep last year, but losing Kwit and the other guy whose name eludes me at the moment, is not ideal at all. Especially with Quan coming off injury and Dannyís history.

I like the idea of Clay Matthews. Not only can be be a situational rusher, but he has extensive experience at ILB as well.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I like the idea of Clay Matthews. Not only can be be a situational rusher, but he has extensive experience at ILB as well.
    Puke!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]