Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 432 of 476 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 7138
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Why would that create a market?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    so for us right now we are sitting at 3 6ths right as compensation estimated.... but anyone else we sign could eliminate those by offset. I personally doubt we are thibking about it much though. the potential loss of 6th is much. and FWIW i think some guys are immune to the forumla too

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    We will never know if Payton or Brees is the driving force. Or if it is equal. I use to think Payton was very overrated, but I think that less and less as time goes on. I would imagine we can both agree that NO will most likely be a lesser team when Brees retires or we will both agree that Payton is the driving force if they don’t.

Hindsight is 20-20 and it is easy to poo-poo the effort Pace has made when you look back on it. You can say what you want about Glennon, but he was the #1 FA QB that year. Mitch was the #2 overall pick and Pace traded up to get his guy. Now Pace trades a mid-round pick to get Foles and takes on his salary to do it. So in 4 offseasons Pace has made moves for 3 different starting QB options. Plus, the last 1 or 2 offseasons prior to this year all the resources were put into helping Mitch, not replacing him. When you draft a guy #2 overall, you aren’t going to spend a lot more picks on QBs the next few years. It has been obvious that CHI needing a better starting QB twice and Pace has addressed it that offseason both times.

You can make a pretty great argument that none of the options worked out (or will). But when a GM/team invests resources 3 times in 4 years to get a starting QB, I think that is being pretty aggressive. Signing backups and drafting guys late are not really “investing” in a meaningful way (hence why I don’t talk about Chase).

I get your point and probably agree with it more than you think. But citing a team like NO winning with a HOF QB and how they signed a good backup or two is what makes them good is untrue in my opinion. I think Winston is a great backup and Payton will probably help him. But NO isn’t investing in Winston or the QB position year-in and year-out to make their team good.They invest in Brees to make their team good every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess where we disagree is I don't think he has invested anything in finding a real long-term starter aside from drafting Mitch. Glennon was never intended to be anything more than a bridge. I was hoping he'd be good enough to trade at least. Foles is also not a long-term starter.

Also, not arguing signing good backups makes NO good. I'm pointing out well run organizations invest more and better in QBs than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I am sorry, but that is a laughable proposition. Saying Winston has “sky high potential” is simply not true. For all the hate Mitch gets, Winston has never posted a season with a higher QBR than Mitch (70.7 v 69.7) or rating (95.4 v 92.2). Winston is also older and has far more starts between college and pros than Mitch does. Mitch completes a higher rate of passes and has a notably lower INT rate. Even their 4QC and game winning drive averages per game played is comparable. About the only areas Winston is noticeably better at is TD%, yds per comp and Yds per game - which are in part attributable to scheme and/or team need.

And to be clear, that is not a defense of Mitch. Rather, if you think anything about Winston screams “sky high potential” at this point in his career I have no idea what you are basing that on. Winston has been mediocre (at best) for 5 years. If people think Mitch can’t get any better after 3 years, then Winston has no hope of progressing after 5 years. At his best, he has provided the same value as Mitch did in 2018, which no one on this forum seems happy with. He may be better than Mitch, but even that is debatable. Winston has some great tools, but if he hasn’t figured it out in 70 starts, what makes you think he will magically put it together now?

I would disagree with measuring these QBs based on QBR or RTG or completion %. I think it was Kyben a few months back who did a pretty comprehensive analysis on Trubisky's 1 good RTG year and it was kind of sad lol. Basically all the positive games were against garbage teams.

Completion % is also not good because if you look at next gen stats, basically all Mitch's throws are behind the line of scrimmage or 5-10 yards.

All but 1 game he threw behind the line of scrimmage for a minimum 5 completions, most games closer to 10. All but 5 throws all season thrown behind the line were completed.
    Nagy uses that as an extension of the run game, and the throws hit nearly 100% of the time. Without that built into the system, Mitch is easily under 60% the last 2 years.

Let's not forget that Nagy had to scale back the offense, because Mitch literally cannot grasp the full offense.

At minimum, Winston's potential is much higher because he can read and operate an offense. He has 1 major flaw, turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    He's the epitome of gunslinger. When you can make #6 look like Tom Brady......

If Winston puts it together, he's still basically Matt Stafford. A good talent but not one you can win with.
    Matt Stafford is pretty incredible man. Detroit is a garbage organization that has given him garbage garbage teams with garbage coaches year in year out. He's sacked constantly. Yet he's statistically really good every year somehow and is a tough SOB.

I would love Matt Stafford on our team.

So sick of people bringing up Mike Glennon as a dig on Pace. I'm not Pace's biggest fan, but it's so obvious he was never intended to be anything more than a lottery ticket.

-Rem Koolhaas

This is journalism malpractice haha.

I still think we need to add a safety.

Does anyone have a cap projection after we sign our rookies?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones-in View Post
    I still think we need to add a safety.

Does anyone have a cap projection after we sign our rookies?
    I believe it's somewhere in the $10-12M range.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    does the list of UDFA seem short to anyone else? i wonder if its like this with every team because of the lack of Rok Minicamp. it could prevent guys from even getting a chance. Nigel Kilby is just one example of a guy who seems to have not gotten a call.

-Rem Koolhaas

Yeah right the Bears never draft any OSU players...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    does the list of UDFA seem short to anyone else? i wonder if its like this with every team because of the lack of Rok Minicamp. it could prevent guys from even getting a chance. Nigel Kilby is just one example of a guy who seems to have not gotten a call.
    2019 - 22
    2018 - 15

Yea seems a little light this year. Wish we would get a look at some kind of rookie QB but that ship has sailed. I'll take Rosen now for a conditional 7th.
    Last edited by ds637; 04-28-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Might as well just sign Shea Patterson