Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 401 of 476 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 7133
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    There's definitely hypocrisy/immaturity to Cam's showboating versus also being a sore loser, but I have to call ******** here. What indication do you have that he's not a good teammate or that he has an all around bad personality?
    Just by watching him, reading about him. It's my opinion and I've never seen/heard anyone really say he's an amazing team player, captain, leader. After the SB, several bronco players made a point to state how much of a poor sport he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    He's black. That's why he has that reputation. And it'll never change. (Cue he didn't go after a fumble cries)
    that's racist in itself. Not every black qb has a bad rep

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Considering other black QBs donít get the same criticism as Cam, I canít say that I agree with the assessment. Watson, Jackson, Bridgewater, Wilson etc donít have that label. Then you have white QBs like Mayfield who some would question their off the field stuff/personality. Not everything is racially motivated, especially in sports. For the most part, sports is blind. Especially in football and basketball especially.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Thank you.

And for what it's worth, sCam DIDN'T jump on the fumble in the biggest game of his life...the tape doesn't lie.

I am so much happier with Foles.

I don't think he'll be a stud anywhere...more like a dud.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Cam Newton has never been a "good QB", he has been a great athlete that played the position. And if Newton does not have the athleticism he once had (and it appears he doesn't), then he is pretty much a mediocre option at QB. I much rather have Noles.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    He had one MVP season. Thereís a lot of people who like to talk about outliers in here. Well, that was definitely an outlier when looking at his career. The rest of his career heís been average to below average. Mostly below average. Even during his MVP season, he wasnít a good passer.
    Both of these. If he was that great, if he was the best option, why did Carolina take a gamble on Teddy over him. Why did no teams want to trade more than a 5th rounder for him. If he was better than foles, i'd assume teams would have signed him already... yet here he sits without a team after many teams grabbed other Qbs over him. Says something

Just watch Cam in a post game interview after a loss. Thatís all you need to see to know the type of player he is. Def w sore loser, def doesnít take personal responsibility, def not a guy I want leading my team. Also, his legs made him above average. Those legs are probably a thing of the past. Heíd be below average without them, and thatís his trajectory. Thatís the issue with any QB that relies on legs to be good.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Bears sign germain ifedi.

Finnally add an OL. Young at 25.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Former 1st rounder in 2016 I like it.

Vonn Bell to the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    Former 1st rounder in 2016 I like it.
    i did at first, but reading his BR article, he wasn't the best... but at least Bears are adding somethin!

The right tackle often struggled during his career. In 2019, he committed 13 penalties, tied for the 5th most in the league... In his career, he has 47 penalties, 27 sacks allowed and 105 blown blocks.

Bears signed OL Germain Ifedi, formerly of the Seahawks, to a one-year contract.
    This was expected following the addition of ex-Jets RT Brandon Shell to Seattle's O-line. Ifedi lined up (and struggled mightily) at right tackle for the Seahawks last year but will likely shift to right guard to replace retired interior blocker Kyle Long. Perhaps the change in position will help Ifedi. He joins Charles Leno, James Daniels, Cody Whitehair, and Bobby Massie in protecting Nick Foles/Mitchell Trubisky.
    Depth I guess

Not terrible for depth but heís a penalty machine. Holy ****

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Kinda like the idea of adding these first round picks from other teams. All of them are at least capable of starting and provide some solid depth IMO. whether they can improve or not is a diferent story.

But None are really expected to start anyway Ifedi or Burns might be the closest but Id be surprised if either actually end up starting.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

depth, training camp cut prospect
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    Both of these. If he was that great, if he was the best option, why did Carolina take a gamble on Teddy over him. Why did no teams want to trade more than a 5th rounder for him. If he was better than foles, i'd assume teams would have signed him already... yet here he sits without a team after many teams grabbed other Qbs over him. Says something
    yeah it says he looked irreparably broken the last time he played football

i don't have any qualms with people who think newton is cooked or who are skeptical about the long-term prospects of a banged-up 30+ year-old qb who derived a lot of his value from his running ability. i just think its incredibly silly to suggest a guy who led his team to a super bowl is a toxic teammate the bears should be avoiding for personality reasons.

(i also think there's a conversation to be had about the quality of nagy's system if he legitimately needs a "guy who can sling it" and couldn't make use of a talented mobile qb who lacked ideal passing skills. you gotta find a way to make talent work)

Much like with Mingo and our edge rushers, I'm still hoping there's room to address the OL in a more serious way.

Prefer Foles to Cam for what we're trying to do now and where this team is at now, but don't think a player should be judged for one split second football play. If he could go back, he jumps on that ball every day. Cam has taken more hard hits than most QB's, he just froze and made a bad move. Nothing about Cam says I'm afraid to be hit. If we were all judged for our whole career for 1 mistake we made, we'd all be in trouble, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Bears sign germain ifedi.

Finnally add an OL. Young at 25.
    Seahawk fans call him False start Eddie. Heís pretty worthless.

There was players available with better floors and ceiling. Off the top of my head, Daryl Williams or Cameron Erving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk