Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 501 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Very generous to say he'll find work quickly. His Today Show stunt probably didn't endear him to many locker rooms across the league.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Very generous to say he'll find work quickly. His Today Show stunt probably didn't endear him to many locker rooms across the league.

And they add in Pro Bowler. Who wrote that, Parkey’s wife?

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    And they add in Pro Bowler. Who wrote that, Parkey’s wife?
    Well technically he was. Its unfortunate but parkey was pretty good prior to signing with us. But he strait up sucked wirh us.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I just with Howard and Nagy meshed. Just seems howard dows not have the shiftiness or quickness to come out of the RPO. And it seemed Nagy was transitioning for Howard near the end of the year but they just don't mesh well at all.

Plenty of guys in the draft though. I hope we can find our Kareem Hunt this draft

-Rem Koolhaas

So DraftNetwork.com just released their new site and it has a mock draft simulator and I did one for the Bears, here's what I ended up with.

Rd3- Elijah Holyfield RB Georgia
    Rd4- David Sills WR West Virginia
    Rd5- Amani Hooker CB Iowa
    Rd7- Austin Bryant EDGE Clemson
    Rd7- Mitch Hyatt OL Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    So DraftNetwork.com just released their new site and it has a mock draft simulator and I did one for the Bears, here's what I ended up with.

Rd3- Elijah Holyfield RB Georgia
    Rd4- David Sills WR West Virginia
    Rd5- Amani Hooker CB Iowa
    Rd7- Austin Bryant EDGE Clemson
    Rd7- Mitch Hyatt OL Clemson
    Holyfield would be a great get in the 3rd. I think he'll be a very solid pro, though I'm not sure he'll make it to the end of the 3rd. It's really hard to predict who will even be on the board that late.

Yeah it’s still so early in the process. But Draft Network’s thing is pretty good.

I'm a big fan of Holyfield. I also don't want to leave this draft without a TE. Shaheen to me is nothing more then a #2/blocking/RZ guy at best. This draft is stacked.
    Last edited by toovey107; 02-25-2019 at 07:32 PM.

He's one of my favorite RB's in this class. I don't think it's a top heavy class at RB, but there's plenty of depth. It's a missed opportunity if Pace doesn't take one at some point IMO.

Sidenote, Draftnetwork is the best all purpose draft site going these days. They're relatively new as a site, but their analysts have been doing this for a while individually and they each know their ****. More people need to check them out rather than giving trash like WalterFootball clicks.

Yes for sure. Those guys are really good and they’ll chat with you on Twitter if you have a question about something.

Having a Rough back and forth with myself on how I want this off season to turn out. I feel like we are going to obviously loose out somewhere important. and it just comes down to where your willing to loose out.

with only about 12 mil in cap space.

I feel like Gould is going to happen. Now there is a chance he gets tagged..... and maybe we have to look elsewhere. But none the less We are likely spending minimum 3 mil on a kicker to try and sure up the Parkey problem. Unless we draft one which I feel like is a gamble in itself.

Down to around 7-9 mil depending on how much that kicker

You look at the two Free agents we have. Callahan who is a great Nickle CB..... and Amos who is a very under rated Saftey.

It feels like Best case we can only keep one unless we start making cuts and asking guys to take paycuts. I have heard a few suggest Long or Mack (lets be real he should not have to) But that just creates another whole we need to fill or backloads more money later (and we have more roster issues down the road)

So the question becomes two fold. one.... who would you rather keep..... Amos or Callahan....... and two would you be OK starting Mcmanis or Bush depending on which you pick.... and its hard to say Im OK handing the starting job over to either of them.

and thats where the issue of the draft comes in. with our first pick being so late. its hard to imagine you can guaruntee to find yourself quality compitition for either of these spots. which makes it harder even harder to let either one walk.

Not to mention the fact that we have some serious depth issues. OL with Kush as a FA..... OLB with Lynch...... CB/S if we let one of amos or Callahan Walk becomes a problem. Would like to also keep Roberson Harris but he is likely a luxury. Ohhh I forgot about Punter too..

So I really dont know what to wish for. Obviously there is also some wish we would make some sort of splash to make a push too...... a Bell or Brown type move. But the more I think about it...... the more i cant see either of these happening When we have so much to adress and so few assets to do so this offseason (with lack of picks and lack of cap)
    Last edited by Kyben36; 02-26-2019 at 04:47 AM.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quick Mock offseason

Bears Cap Space

$12,804,741

Cuts

Kyle Long - $5,500,000
    I like Kyle Long.... But personally I like Callahan or Amos Better. Long is Often Hurt. And while he was out last year the OL did play OK without him. I honestly beleive that we can find a Cheap Guard to replace him alot easier than finding a replacement CB or S

Sam Acho - $2,125,000
    Cant Pay for a guy who was not able to play last year. and while i might want to keep him around for cheap for depth. that 2+ mil can go to saving some starters. or keeping better depth like Lynch

Chase Daniels - $3,000,000
    I like Chase. But Lets be real. Chase is not a game winning backup QB. So his 3 mil is much more valuable to us elsewhere. And I know some will say but we need a backup QB. well do u feel comfortable if Chase is playing vs somebody else. its really not much of a difference.

TRADE/CUT

Nick Kwiatkoski - $2,000,000 + Potential Draft pick (4th or 5th if lucky)

This here...... is my Ryan Pace PROJECTED Secret move of the offseason. I do like Kwiatkoski. But paying a backup 2 mil when he played all of 111 snaps seems hard to want to do. Especially when I have a certain amount of blind faith that Joel Iggy (4th round pick last year) should devleop into a solid player himself. Feel like we have depth at ILB and that 2 mil could go to use at a position where we need depth more. Maybe to retain Lynch ??? And if you can get another pick double score

PS: I might also try this move with Howard. Not only for the draft comp but the extra 2 mil helps us find a replacement kicker or depth. while also drafting a RB with that pick to replace him who might fit the system better (depending on how high a pick you can get)

Total in cap savings - $12,625,000

Total Cap space - $25,429,741

Resign

Bryce Callahan CB- 3 years 24 mil (10 mil guarutneed ) ( 8 mil per) - I am praying maybe because of injury his market falls flat. or that he returns to us on a discount. But this is what i am betting he roughly cost in his best case scenario based on that Tavon Young contract

Adrian Amos / Replacement S - 4 year 32 mil MAX (8 mil per MAX) - So.... I am not actually as picky on this one because I dont necessarily believe this one has to be Amos. and it could actually be for less depending on which guy you sign and their market. There are loads of FA S out there this year. Amos is the one i would like to have return for consistency sake. But if we need to replace him because he cost too much I am fine with that as well. Maybe Earl Thomas wants to play for a Contender..... or Collins to play along side Jackson/Prince..... Mathieu, Joyner or Clinton Dix could all be worth this type of contract. Some cheaper options too like Adrian Phillips or Clayton Geathers. But I do tend to agree handing the job over to Bush is probably not wise.

Robbie Gould K - 3 years 15 mil (3/7/5 years) (3 mil) - Basically a back loaded contract for a Solution to our kicking needs. Since we have all that dead money with parkey that comes off it should be no issue to have gould take that money next year (as long as you guaruntee him that 2nd year)

Aaron Lynch OLB - 2 year 4 mil (2 mil per)- Lynch is not a starter.... and I would be willing to see if you can find better (would love Suggs). But we do need depth... and unless your willing to run with Fits..... or resign Irving..... Lynch is probably a reasonably priced backup.

Eric Kush OG - 1 year 1 mil (1 mil per)- Basically Kush's Health Makes him a steal signing. I am unsure if he is a backup or starter for us..... but at worst he is depth and likely non guaranteed contract at that.

Total Spent - 22 mil

Total Left for Draft Holds - $3,429,741

Draft

#87- RB Miles Sanders Penn State- So I honestly dont care but to me this could be a great spot to find your RB.... I dont care who but let Nagy get his style of player. Henderson.... Singletery.... Anderson IDK. But if you wait your not going to get your choice. and RB should be a position to adress.
    #120 -OG Nate Davis Charlotte - Again i feel like stressing this is more about position than actual Name. However Davis does have some traits that could be good for a guard. if we are looking to replace Long..... You need to give Harry a young body to mold. I do trust Harry though if he to draft any guy he wants and make him look good.
    #152- QB Clayton Thorson Northwestern - So Basically we need to find a Body to stick behind Mitch if we are cutting Daniels. Clayton Thorson was talked about as a potential day 2 pick last year. The Thing i like about thorson regardless is even if he isnt as good a passer as Daniels. At least he has the mobility so the offense does not have to completely change to support his style like it did for Daniels.
    #200- KR/WR/RB Tony Pollard - I know some around here like pollard. I do not mind him and he could go higher than this. I love the asset he is as a KR. But i honestly think he could be a Better WR than he would be RB. Really anything would be fine for me here
    #216- P Corey Fatony - Obligatory Punter Pick. Look, I do not mind Megapunt. in fact he had his best year last year IMO actually being able to pin guys in the 20 at least somewhat regularly. But I am not going to pretend he is a great Punter Either. Basically i would be happy to replace him. especially for a cheap *** rok who may be able to do better. IF Megapunt took the minimum to compete I would let him. The only reason I picked Fatony was I like his name. (cant pretend to know anything about punters) But I would not be surprised to see Megapunt gone anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys Think. Defense Starters stay 100% in Tact (or at least high quality) giving Pagano no excuses. Offense Long has to be replaced but he could end up injured again (has not started over 10 games in any of the last 3 years). Chase Daniels Loss Hurts But if we are being honest if your stuck playing Chase your team is in trouble anyway. so why not run with a rok with potential unless you want to pay 3 extra million for him to mentor Mitch another year. We do solve the Kicker Situation with Robbie Gould and our Bigest problem seems to be RG (which i trust in Harry) and Punter (Which I am not sure a BAD NFL PUNTER EXIST? The Diference between the Best and worst punting teams is 5 yards average which does not seem like a major amount. plus we only ranked 19th so how much worse can we get. 2 Yard per kick a real game changer ???? )

-Rem Koolhaas

Long/Trevathan/Robinson/Mack should all be looked at for possible restructure of their deal.
    I like Long, but he has to give something back to stay IMO.
    Kwit and maybe Jordan Howard can be traded, but only in a really good deal, not just to move them.
    I think its one or the other between Callahan and Amos, no preference for me.
    Can't wait for it to start
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 4 of 501 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast