Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 395 of 501 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 7514
  1. #5911
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,773
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iím telling you, if he drafted Mahomes or Watson (Mahomes especially), many would be calling him the best GM in the league. The defense would be top 5ish and the offense would be not too far behind. Thatís how fragile and delicate the balance is as a GM. One miss can go from being regarded as one of the best, to half the fan base calling you to be replaced.
    Not sure the Mack trade happens if we draft one of those guys.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  2. #5912
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    50,702
    https://twitter.com/treybizzy/status...755630086?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  3. #5913
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    50,702
    https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status...676979200?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  4. #5914
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,632
    Bears signed CB Artie Burns, formerly of the Steelers, to a one-year contract.
    Burns needed a fresh start after busting with Pittsburgh as their 25th overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. The corner was phased out of the lineup over the last two seasons and ultimately played 67 defensive snaps in 2019. Burns shouldn't be counted on as an every-down starter going into 2020, but the potential is there for a second-home turnaround.
    Depth

  5. #5915
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,719

  6. #5916
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,719
    Not that I think Burns is anything more than depth, but they have 3 CB's competing for the spot left by Prince. I doubt they're taking one high in the draft.

  7. #5917
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,208
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Not that I think Burns is anything more than depth, but they have 3 CB's competing for the spot left by Prince. I doubt they're taking one high in the draft.
    Agreed. If they take a defensive player, it will probably be S. I wouldn't rule out Edge either but probably only in a trade down scenario where they pick up a 3rd and/or 5th. Burns is strictly a depth move and he does have tools. Maybe Pagano could work some magic.

  8. #5918
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    801
    Fun fact of the day. His father is Charles Montgomery Burns.

  9. #5919
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,208
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Not sure the Mack trade happens if we draft one of those guys.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    We'll never know but I wouldn't rule it out. The Bears still would have had a big time need at the position. I think there would have been a good chance that it still went down. You have to remember, the Bears still believed in Mitch at that point. Nagy was brought in to coach him up and get the offense rolling. They obviously would have had faith in Mahomes or Watson too, and why not go for Mack with a QB on a rookie contract? Pace probably still would have pulled it off.

  10. #5920
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    28,681
    Burns is fine. another guy to compete for the starting job or at worst be a depth guy. Pagonas background is in defensive backs anyway.... maybe he can help him develop. He is still only 24 so who knows.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  11. #5921
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,277
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iím telling you, if he drafted Mahomes or Watson (Mahomes especially), many would be calling him the best GM in the league. The defense would be top 5ish and the offense would be not too far behind. Thatís how fragile and delicate the balance is as a GM. One miss can go from being regarded as one of the best, to half the fan base calling you to be replaced.
    If he drafted the best ever young QB in football he'd be a great GM. So would Gettleman.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  12. #5922
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,536
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iím telling you, if he drafted Mahomes or Watson (Mahomes especially), many would be calling him the best GM in the league. The defense would be top 5ish and the offense would be not too far behind. Thatís how fragile and delicate the balance is as a GM. One miss can go from being regarded as one of the best, to half the fan base calling you to be replaced.
    Thatís life in sports. Unfortunately his miss was historically bad, he drafted Trubisky instead and traded up one spot to do it. He has had plenty of other misses but those would have been overlooked for sure if Mahomes was a Bear. He took Trubisky, add that to the other first round blunders and the calls for his dismissal are completely justified. Good luck to him finding another job as an NFL GM after Chicago with that on his resume.

  13. #5923
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    50,702
    https://twitter.com/bevo22494/status...717395456?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  14. #5924
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Thatís life in sports. Unfortunately his miss was historically bad, he drafted Trubisky instead and traded up one spot to do it. He has had plenty of other misses but those would have been overlooked for sure if Mahomes was a Bear. He took Trubisky, add that to the other first round blunders and the calls for his dismissal are completely justified. Good luck to him finding another job as an NFL GM after Chicago with that on his resume.
    This was an article from last April. https://bearswire.usatoday.com/galle...ranking-picks/

    IMO, he's in the middle of the pack as GMs concerned. his drafts haven't been epic, especially in the first, i'll give you that, but Jackson, goldman, amos, cohen, whitehair, smith, montegomery... i mean all solid players. yes there are busts like White, Shahanen.. i get it but every team has a least 1 terrible draft pick a year.

    he helped organize and strength on of the best defenses in the NFL two years in a row. FA wise, he brought in Hicks, Mack, Robinson, royal, mcphee, traventhen, prince, larson, sitton , (resinged z miller, mcmanis, Callahan, fuller). Yeah me missed on Parkey, glennon, etc, but damn, there are some probowlers in there.

    I really like the look of this team more than any other team post '06. just need them to jell. i think Nagy got way too cheeky last season and mitch couldn't do it. he finally started dialing back to basics but other teams already knew how to beat them.

    ignoring that Chiefs game, bears lost 7 games by less than 7 points on average. if the offense wasn't at the bottom of every category, bears could have been a 14-2 team easily. fourth lowest scoring offense... definitely not Paces fault there

  15. #5925
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    555
    "we would have won more games if it weren't for the awful offense ryan pace built around a bad QB he traded up to draft #2 overall, so it's not ryan pace's fault" is some big brain ****

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •