Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 393 of 477 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 7150
    Pace looks so bad with that Graham deal

Well let's all just hope Graham has found the fountain of youth! Lmao

Pace at times seems to be bidding against himself, he panics. Trading up one pick to get Trubisky was nonsense, the Glennon signing, the Graham signing. It seems like we overpay in many signings and trades.

C-patt putting in work lol
    That Graham deal....yikes

Not sure what pace was thinking there and how much Nagy preferred graham to ebron, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Pace at times seems to be bidding against himself, he panics. Trading up one pick to get Trubisky was nonsense, the Glennon signing, the Graham signing. It seems like we overpay in many signings and trades.
    Agree....seems like when he wants a guy, he goes all out no matter what to get him. That's a similar mentality that Kenny Williams has. As far as Mitch goes, Pace should be let go just on that pick alone. Moved up for NO reason to take a QB that played 1 year as a college starter and totally whiffed on the evaluation on Mitch, but also on the guys that went after Mitch. I have no clue how he didn't see Mahom's arm strength alone!!!

I don't know why he felt the need to rush on that Graham deal. I guess he was afraid of being left with nobody, but man, I doubt anyone else was giving him that contract.

Def a big blunder by pace giving graham that deal

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Def a big blunder by pace giving graham that deal
    Also hurts that we're basically capped out now and have to restructure deals to even sign bargain bin FA's. $2M isn't a lot, but every little bit would help right now.

Not to trash Pace too much, and while I like the Quinn signing, I wonder if we pursued Fowler? He signed for only 3 years and similar AAV ($16M to Quinn's $14M). I might have preferred that too.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-20-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Also hurts that we're basically capped out now and have to restructure deals to even sign bargain bin FA's. $2M isn't a lot, but every little bit would help right now.

Not to trash Pace too much, and while I like the Quinn signing, I wonder if we pursued Fowler? He signed for only 3 years and similar AAV ($16M to Quinn's $14M). I might have preferred that too.
    Pretty close call there.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/j...elease-the-te/

Considering the Bears have no one at TE, i do not at all mind this signing. Article puts some things in perspective.

However, while the box score does not impress, Graham was ranked as TE10 according to Pro Football Network’s Offensive Share Metric.

During the 2019 season, Graham earned an overall OSM score of 37.7. He led all pass-catchers in average separation according to the NFL’s Next Gen Stats, finding 3.9 yards of separation per target. He posted a modest reception rate of 63.33% on 60 targets. Speaking of that target count, it was rather low in 2018 in comparison to the rest of the league, 447 yards on 38 receptions is not too shabby.

While his overall production has dropped since his time in New Orleans, according to OSM, Graham can still be a valuable piece to an offense. While the volume may have been lacking, Graham accelerated in other ways. 23 of his 38 catches were first downs, and he is still able to stretch the field averaging 11.8 yards per reception.

I know a lot of people hatting on Pace, but bears are looking good for 2021 draft capital.

https://www.mywebtimes.com/2020/03/1...-picks/anljdo/

Bears could end up with an additional 5 picks next year.... thought that was worth sharing

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    I know a lot of people hatting on Pace, but bears are looking good for 2021 draft capital.

Bears could end up with an additional 5 picks next year.... thought that was worth sharing
    Yeah, that’s good.

But, unless they bounce back, someone else will be reaping the benefits of those picks, as Pace could be out of a job at this time next year.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yeah, that’s good.

But, unless they bounce back, someone else will be reaping the benefits of those picks, as Pace could be out of a job at this time next year.
    Honestly, pending some kind of 2014 type breakdown, I think Pace/Nagy are safe through 2021 when their contracts expire. They can survive another 2019/.500ish season imo. Angelo survived as long as he did afterall, and I just have this feeling they're gonna give him every chance. For all of Pace's mistakes, I don't think this team is built badly at all for the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Honestly, pending some kind of 2014 type breakdown, I think Pace/Nagy are safe through 2021 when their contracts expire. They can survive another 2019/.500ish season imo. Angelo survived as long as he did afterall, and I just have this feeling they're gonna give him every chance. For all of Pace's mistakes, I don't think this team is built badly at all for the long run.
    I agree. The defense is there. They could hopefully get the run game going which is going to help a ton. If Foles stays healthy, I think he's going to produce. It would be hard to go less than .500 I would imagine and I don't think they get fired for another .500 season. Especially if they draft a QB ... which is another reason I think they do it. Despite signing some older-ish guys this off-season, the team is still relatively young. Certainly not old by any means. They just need to find that dude at QB.