Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 382 of 477 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 7151
    https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...945921025?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    If they plan on drafting a guy at some point, Mitch really has to go. They're not going to carry 3 QBs. Not sure what they would be able to get for Mitch though. They just gave up a 4th for Foles and a good chunk of a cap hit. Maybe they could get a 4th or 5th for Mitch? Future pick?

Is this a fact?
    Not a fact I guess. But if we keep pushing major money to the future, we will be screwed.

Mack's contract was already backloaded. If you keep kicking it down the road it will end up costing us 30+ million a year.

If you give Robinson an extension based on saving money. He's already $15 million this year. His AVG salary likely on an extension is easily 15+. If we want to knock him to 7-8 this year and pay it in the future, his yearly cap hit after this year would be a scary 20+

get kline who the vikings cut

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Not a fact I guess. But if we keep pushing major money to the future, we will be screwed.

Mack's contract was already backloaded. If you keep kicking it down the road it will end up costing us 30+ million a year.

If you give Robinson an extension based on saving money. He's already $15 million this year. His AVG salary likely on an extension is easily 15+. If we want to knock him to 7-8 this year and pay it in the future, his yearly cap hit after this year would be a scary 20+
    This is my concern. Pace has essentially gone all in on this season. The money next year is mostly allocated between 24 players and they have to fill in from there, with less than $30M. They can only restructure so many times before making some hard decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if there's some truth to that. He's been spot on with several things this offseason.

It definitely makes sense to move on from Mitch now too. Plus, a lot of beat writers believe they're drafting a QB at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    This is my concern. Pace has essentially gone all in on this season. The money next year is mostly allocated between 24 players and they have to fill in from there, with less than $30M. They can only restructure so many times before making some hard decisions.
    I think Pace will go the polar opposite of what he usually does in the draft and start trading back and stockpiling picks. The writing is pretty much on the wall. Not only this year, but next year and beyond if he's still here.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    We aren't going to free enough money cutting TE to sign a high caliber guard. If we restructure Mack and sign Robinson to an extension where he pushes all the money to the future we are going to be screwed long term.

Basically the TE position is a ******** now with all the guys on the roster. I have no idea why they signed Demetrius Harris, but he's guaranteed 500k and will likely be here. Shaheen might be a 4th TE, but likely cut with Harris (who's garbage).

Braunecker will save 1.5, Shaheen 1.2. Just seems like mismanagement. Hopefully they can trade these guys for late picks.
    I know its unlikely but I would personally cut Braunecker cut Braunecker (1.5) Burton (only saves 1 but Honestly I know he is gone after this year anyway) Stick with Jimmy G..... Shaheen (pray he gets better) Harris and maybe try and find a ROK late in the draft to compete with Dax Raymond and such.

That frees up 2.5 mil to try and at least scrape together an addition on the OL or at S. Personally I cant beleive Braunecker hasnt been cut. And I wish we would keep burton as a backup.... But the writing is on the wall with him. he has zero future here. And its only a million but cash straped every $ matters.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 03-18-2020 at 09:16 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I know its unlikely but I would personally cut Braunecker cut Braunecker (1.5) Burton (only saves 1 but Honestly I know he is gone after this year anyway) Stick with Jimmy G..... Shaheen (pray he gets better) Harris and maybe try and find a ROK late in the draft to compete with Dax Raymond and such.

That frees up 2.5 mil to try and at least scrape together an addition on the OL or at S. Personally I cant beleive Braunecker hasnt been cut. And I wish we would keep burton as a backup.... But the writing is on the wall with him. he has zero future here. And its only a million but cash straped every $ matters.
    I know everyone is done with Burton. But you can't buy his type of potential for 1 million. There's no point to cutting him this year. Braunecker, for sure, he's a cut. TE grouping is likely Graham, Burton, Shaheen, Harris. Maybe Shaheen is cut for a different project.

I think Burton has a solid year now that the pressure is off. He is best as a 2nd TE anyway and the money is sunk. Mismatches with Burton and Graham would be great.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/statu...209859584?s=21

No one has soured on burtons skill set. Itís his health. Mental or physical. At this point you canít count on him.

Its somewhat surprising to me that people aren't more excited about this move. The guy at least has proven he can win the whole thing with a good team around him. What has Mitchell proven? I think Foles is the best we could have hoped for. Cam is injury prone and frankly a whiner that will never be known as a winner in the NFL and Dalton hasn't really accomplished anything either. I think if they can protect him he'll have a good shot to win a lot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Its somewhat surprising to me that people aren't more excited about this move. The guy at least has proven he can win the whole thing with a good team around him. What has Mitchell proven? I think Foles is the best we could have hoped for. Cam is injury prone and frankly a whiner that will never be known as a winner in the NFL and Dalton hasn't really accomplished anything either. I think if they can protect him he'll have a good shot to win a lot of games.
    I wouldn't say I'm excited for Foles so much as I am excited for not Mitch, but yeah, Foles has always done well in this system, so hopefully that continues. Anyway, good to see you around these parts again. Change your avatar tho lawl.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm excited for Foles so much as I am excited for not Mitch, but yeah, Foles has always done well in this system, so hopefully that continues. Anyway, good to see you around these parts again. Change your avatar tho lawl.
    Yeah it's been awhile it has been updated.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/s...869532160?s=21

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/s...121557504?s=21