Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 376 of 501 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 7514
    https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1...806223873?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Jahns is the best Bears source out there. This is really disappointing, but not surprising.

Give me Dalton, assuming these are the choices.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Thinking about this. In a year where there’s more quality QBs available than its ever been at one time in the history of the NFL. Seeing how the bears are down to a few options as the smoke’s clearing. What do you attribute to this? Is Mitch the reason that they haven’t gone all the way in and got their man or is it just other QBs choosing other teams? I hope Mitch isn’t the reason we’re left out. Is all I’m saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An overpayed “quality” QB just doesn’t always make sense, and yes, unfortunately, there are more desirable destinations out there than a cold weather team and below average offensive personnel.

CBS Sports' Jonathan Jones reports the "expectation" is that Cam Newton will be released in the coming days, but the Bears are considering a trade.
    The Panthers have botched the Newton situation this offseason and are now in a position where they'll either trade him for minimal value or straight-up release him. For a former MVP, that's less than ideal even if he is coming off serious injuries. Jones reports the Bears are discussing a trade for Newton because they "may not want to compete" for his services on the open free agency market upon his expected release. With restrictions limiting medical exams, any team would be taking a risk on Newton by acquiring him via trade. However, it seems like the reward outweighs the risk given the expected low cost of a deal.
    Im willing to roll with Cam. Def rather have him then the other options.

I wonder what the Bears are willing to trade in that scenario. I get not wanting to get into a bidding war on the open market, but I also wouldn't be thrilled with giving up a high pick for an expiring contract.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I wonder what the Bears are willing to trade in that scenario. I get not wanting to get into a bidding war on the open market, but I also wouldn't be thrilled with giving up a high pick for an expiring contract.
    If the Panthers are going to release him anyway, I can't imagine the price tag being very high. They don't have much leverage here you wouldn't think.

If the presumed assumption is him eventually being released.. the cost of trading cannot be that much unless multiple teams show interest. I would think.

If the Panthers are going to release him anyway, I can't imagine the price tag being very high. They don't have much leverage here you wouldn't think.
    Then throw a day 3 pick at Carolina, see if they bite. Otherwise, just wait for the release.

Then throw a day 3 pick at Carolina, see if they bite. Otherwise, just wait for the release.
    I have to think this is their plan. They don't have a 3rd round pick either IIRC. At most, a 4th is definitely as high as you can go, though I'd prefer not giving up any more than a 5th.

I have to think this is their plan. They don't have a 3rd round pick either IIRC. At most, a 4th is definitely as high as you can go, though I'd prefer not giving up any more than a 5th.
    Yeah, 5th would be my limit. They need the picks badly. They can probably get that 5th back if they really want to since they have two 6's and two 7's.

Yeah, 5th would be my limit. They need the picks badly. They can probably get that 5th back if they really want to since they have two 6's and two 7's.
    I think Cam makes a ton of sense too the more I think about it. He's a rental, so you maximize your chances this year. If he flops, we let him walk and draft the new QB next year when we have a first again. If he's anywhere remotely near prime Cam, hey, there's a conversation to be had. I think most likely, you just let him walk, which I'm totally fine with.

Edit:
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 03-18-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Wow. The Texans are morons for keeping that guy around.