Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 365 of 501 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415465 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 7514
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    As for Cam Newton...

People want a guy who regularly has a comp% under 60% after watching Mitch’s inability to hit receivers? And it seems obvious Cam’s best days are behind him. Plus, you have to know that he isn’t competition - he is the starter. But is he good enough to be handed this reigns without a competition? I mean, he is about to lose his job to a guy most here don’t want (Teddy) and a one year surprise. If Cam was the “answer”, CAR wouldn’t be ditching him for a bunch of unproven talent.

Lastly, unlike Graham, I don’t see how Newton fits the CHI offense...at all. This seems like signing a guy because of his name, not his ability. I would view signing Cam as a big mistake by Pace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Completion percentage is such an awful stat here. Mitch's completion percentage is an obvious example of its flaw. He's had mostly good completion percentages, but we all know how inaccurate he is. It tends to speak more to the type of passes the passer is being asked to complete other than in extreme circumstances.

I don't think Cam's strong suit is likely to be his accuracy either, but I think he's probably more accurate than Mitch. Mind you, Cam ain't my first choice either, but I expect he'd still be a head and shoulder above Mitch.

As for Cam Newton...

People want a guy who regularly has a comp% under 60% after watching Mitch’s inability to hit receivers? And it seems obvious Cam’s best days are behind him. Plus, you have to know that he isn’t competition - he is the starter. But is he good enough to be handed this reigns without a competition? I mean, he is about to lose his job to a guy most here don’t want (Teddy) and a one year surprise. If Cam was the “answer”, CAR wouldn’t be ditching him for a bunch of unproven talent.

Lastly, unlike Graham, I don’t see how Newton fits the CHI offense...at all. This seems like signing a guy because of his name, not his ability. I would view signing Cam as a big mistake by Pace.

Yeah cam is a big no for me. Go get dalton or foles if need be. Both better options than cam. They should have signed Keenum.

Big no for me too on Cam. He's so over rated by his name and what he did in 1 season. Rather save the money and run it back with Mitch. Use that money and use it to pickup 1 very good OL and then draft the other.

Would definitely trade our 2nd round pick for Carr if available though. That would be ideal. Have Carr with this defense would definitely propel us to Super bowl contenders.

I am not a really fan of Newton, in particular the way he acts on the field. If healthy and the old Newton I could handle his game. When he starts acting like a child on the field its just not how you want the leader of your team conducting himself IMO. That being said I would be happy to see him replace Trubisky, I would be happy with damn near anyone else but Trubisky.

Quote Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
    Big no for me too on Cam. He's so over rated by his name and what he did in 1 season. Rather save the money and run it back with Mitch. Use that money and use it to pickup 1 very good OL and then draft the other.

Would definitely trade our 2nd round pick for Carr if available though. That would be ideal. Have Carr with this defense would definitely propel us to Super bowl contenders.
    2nd for Carr would be pushing it for me. Could possibly be talked into a future 2nd if Pace is going all in.

2020 Offseason Thread

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Completion percentage is such an awful stat here. Mitch's completion percentage is an obvious example of its flaw. He's had mostly good completion percentages, but we all know how inaccurate he is. It tends to speak more to the type of passes the passer is being asked to complete other than in extreme circumstances.

I don't think Cam's strong suit is likely to be his accuracy either, but I think he's probably more accurate than Mitch. Mind you, Cam ain't my first choice either, but I expect he'd still be a head and shoulder above Mitch.
    I am not sure I buy the comp% argument. I mean, I believe you can have elevated numbers based on having easier passes. Mitch is a good example; so is Cam in 2018. But I am not sure an “accurate” passer is continually below 60%.

It is certainly not the best stat, but it has value. Cam has been over 62% once his entire career - 2018 when he was a check down machine. That suggests he is not great at dissections defenses mentally or physically - at least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Good for him. He was really solid here.

Let's be honest, a washed up Cam is still a big upgrade over Mitch..

I am not sure I buy the comp% argument. I mean, I believe you can have elevated numbers based on having easier passes. Mitch is a good example; so is Cam in 2018. But I am not sure an “accurate” passer is continually below 60%.

It is certainly not the best stat, but it has value. Cam has been over 62% once his entire career - 2018 when he was a check down machine. That suggests he is not great at dissections defenses mentally or physically - at least in my opinion.

Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Let's be honest, a washed up Cam is still a big upgrade over Mitch..
    Virtually everyone available is.

I think some continuously downplay how ****ing awful Mitch is. We're talking about a bottom 3 starter, likely worse than a handful of backups too.

Look, it doesn't have to be Cam, but take a big swing FFS. Running it back with Mitch makes no sense whatsoever if you're making a splash move like Quinn.

I never said he was great in those areas. I believe overall, he's still likely to be a much better QB than Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Virtually everyone available is.

I think some continuously downplay how ****ing awful Mitch is.

Look, it doesn't have to be Cam, but take a big swing FFS. Running it back with Mitch makes no sense whatsoever.
    I wouldn't be excited for Dalton or Foles, but I won't ***** about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    I wouldn't be excited for Dalton or Foles, but I won't ***** about it either.
    Still hoping for Carr. I'd be happy with Dalton or Foles as well at this point. If that's the case, I would want to take a developmental QB in the draft and run with 3 QBs.

If it wasn't already obvious, AR and Cordarelle have basically admitted they're done with Mitch on Twitter. I'd be very surprised if Mitch has any backers in that locker room right now.