Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 338 of 476 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 7134
    I like KPL too, but he's way more of an unknown. It's very risky to go into a season with him as a starter.

I'd like to see how the contract is structured. Given most of the short term deals under Pace have had early outs built into them, I don't see why this would be any different. Guessing it's after year two.

Now just decline that option on Floyd asap. Bringing him back at any number is a waste IMO.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    am i the only one who looks at love.... and especiallly Hurts and sees no way they are better than Carr.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I like KPL too, but he's way more of an unknown. It's very risky to go into a season with him as a starter.

I'd like to see how the contract is structured. Given most of the short term deals under Pace have had early outs built into them, I don't see why this would be any different. Guessing it's after year two.

Now just decline that option on Floyd asap. Bringing him back at any number is a waste IMO.
    Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

Yeah but IMO your second ILB is low on the totem pole. I would never invest a lot on both spots. You can find solid contributors in FA ever year on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Yeah but IMO your second ILB is low on the totem pole. I would never invest a lot on both spots. You can find solid contributors in FA ever year on the cheap.
    Agreed. It should not have been treated with the kind of urgency it was at the very least. Address the bigger needs first. If it comes down to letting KPL start because you had to spend the rest of your money on other stuff, I'm fine with that. But one would think you'd at least be able to sign a decent vet or draft a mid-round prospect to have him compete with. And I mean, it seems like he was drafted just for ST, but is Iyiegbuniwe not even worth mentioning in that competition? I guess they must not think so.

Jordan Love is a bigger gamble but may have a higher ceiling.

I think Hurts is underestimated. Has played the highest competition, has great pedigree and a great touchdown/turnover ratio. Extends plays with his legs and resembles all the new age nfl quarterbacks. If you can't tell I like Hurts more than most.

If you try addressing your biggest needs first, you are likely to swing and miss a lot. Free agency hasnít even begun, and this deal will not hinder them whatsoever. Thereís absolutely nothing wrong with this signing. If Roquan was playing at an all-pro level, thatís a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    am i the only one who looks at love.... and especiallly Hurts and sees no way they are better than Carr.
    Gruden is looking for a more explosive offense and someone who will push the ball downfield more.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    If you try addressing your biggest needs first, you are likely to swing and miss a lot. Free agency hasnít even begun, and this deal will not hinder them whatsoever. Thereís absolutely nothing wrong with this signing. If Roquan was playing at an all-pro level, thatís a different story.
    It's strictly false that the signing doesn't hinder them. Literally any signing they make now that increases their cap is hindering them. I also disagree that there's nothing wrong with the signing. Trevathan has been injury prone, he's moving into his 30s, and isn't some kind of elite talent. He's fine, but there was no need to give him that contract right out of the bat.

I think people are overrating him here. I don't even think he's all that, if any more valuable to this roster than Amukamara was. They're just the kinds of talent you let walk to me, especially when you have more pressing needs. I think the risk of not being able to replace Trevathan is far less than the risk of what would happen should we not address our other needs.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 03-14-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Love throws a pretty deep ball, has the ideal QB profile both in terms of size and athleticism, but he's a major work in progress when it comes to decision making. His upside is tantalizing though. He'd be a great candidate to sit a year or two behind someone like Carr, or to a lesser extent, Keenum or Dalton. Likely doesn't matter either way though since there's talk of him going in the top 10.

The reason I don't like Hurts much is his arm strength is mediocre, his ball placement is not good, and he has a tendency to crumble under pressure. You can't just ignore his struggles at Alabama either. He put up some gaudy numbers at OU, but he was bailed out many times by having an elite receiver and the best play caller in college football. I don't hate Hurts as a prospect, because there are some pro skills to work with there and he's very experienced in big games, but I just don't see big upside there. I would be really concerned if he was taken with one of our 2's. If he makes it to day 3, sure, take a shot, but it seems unlikely he falls that far.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-14-2020 at 01:50 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Love throws a pretty deep ball, has the ideal QB profile both in terms of size and athleticism, but he's a major work in progress when it comes to decision making. His upside is tantalizing though. He'd be a great candidate to sit a year or two behind someone like Carr, or to a lesser extent, Keenum or Dalton. Likely doesn't matter either way though since there's talk of him going in the top 10.

The reason I don't like Hurts much is his arm strength is mediocre, his ball placement is not good, and he has a tendency to crumble under pressure. You can't just ignore his struggles at Alabama either. He put up some gaudy numbers at OU, but he was bailed out many times by having an elite receiver and the best play caller in college football. I don't hate Hurts as a prospect, because there are some pro skills to work with there and he's very experienced in big games, but I just don't see big upside there. I would be really concerned if he was taken with one of our 2's. If he makes it to day 3, sure, take a shot, but it seems unlikely he falls that far.
    if u want this.... why not sign Winston ?

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/haha_cd6/status/...105802752?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    if u want this.... why not sign Winston ?
    He doesnít want that...

And a day 3 rookie would be significantly cheaper than Jameis.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    It's strictly false that the signing doesn't hinder them. Literally any signing they make now that increases their cap is hindering them. I also disagree that there's nothing wrong with the signing. Trevathan has been injury prone, he's moving into his 30s, and isn't some kind of elite talent. He's fine, but there was no need to give him that contract right out of the bat.

I think people are overrating him here. I don't even think he's all that, if any more valuable to this roster than Amukamara was. They're just the kinds of talent you let walk to me, especially when you have more pressing needs. I think the risk of not being able to replace Trevathan is far less than the risk of what would happen should we not address our other needs.
    And what are those needs and how are you planning to handle? Finding a free agent QB, Tackle or Edge rusher is going to cost a ton of money. At this moment right now, Trevathan is one of our top 10 players. He isnít getting paid to be elite. His salary when free agency is over will most likely be about 20th in the position with only 2 years of guaranteed money.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    And what are those needs and how are you planning to handle? Finding a free agent QB, Tackle or Edge rusher is going to cost a ton of money. At this moment right now, Trevathan is one of our top 10 players. He isnít getting paid to be elite. His salary when free agency is over will most likely be about 20th in the position with only 2 years of guaranteed money.
    I'm not gonna go through the whole rigamerol of all the ways the Bears can create cap space. I've been over it a thousand times. They could easily afford to address those positions if they get creative (you forgot TE & RG btw). I don't care if Trev is or isn't a top 10 player on the roster. I don't think he's some indespensible piece. Much like Prince, I think there are guys we could've gotten at a value that would have sufficed to replace him, if it means aggressively fixing other areas.

Signing Trevathan doesn't mean we can't still address some, maybe even all of those needs, but I would've liked to see what happened first before addressing our 2nd ILB position.