Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 333 of 477 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383433 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 7151
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    So you think Dak is worth more?

What's you top number to pay him?

I'm seriously curious.
    I'm more just looking at it from Dak's perspective. Does Jerry risk losing him? Also, the cap is going to go up over the next couple of years. Would I want to pay Dak 30+ million right now? No, but I also don't really know what the market is going to look like over the next couple of years. We all know contracts continue to rise and what's astronomical today, isn't the same a year or two down the line. In a couple years, guys like Bridgewater could be getting 30 million a year. It's tough to gauge but we know salaries climb and I don't completely fault Dak for holding out. He's playing a game of chicken with Jerry right now....pay him his number or wait and the price will only continue to climb.

Dak's not elite, but he's really damn good. Definitely a guy worth the market value.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I'm more just looking at it from Dak's perspective. Does Jerry risk losing him? Also, the cap is going to go up over the next couple of years. Would I want to pay Dak 30+ million right now? No, but I also don't really know what the market is going to look like over the next couple of years. We all know contracts continue to rise and what's astronomical today, isn't the same a year or two down the line. In a couple years, guys like Bridgewater could be getting 30 million a year. It's tough to gauge but we know salaries climb and I don't completely fault Dak for holding out. He's playing a game of chicken with Jerry right now....pay him his number or wait and the price will only continue to climb.
    I think that if I was Jerry, I would let Dak test the market and maybe sign one of the many QBs hitting the market. This FA is stacked with QBs. Maybe Bridgwater.

Go ahead and draft another QB.

If Dak is worth 31M+, Maholmes will be worth 50m+.

I think that if I was Jerry, I would let Dak test the market and maybe sign one of the many QBs hitting the market. This FA is stacked with QBs. Maybe Bridgwater.

Why let Dak go only to sign Bridgewater? I don't think Jerry wants to downgrade at the position. The draft is a crap shoot and it's not like the Cowboys have a great pick.

Mahomes contract will be insane for sure but that's not unexpected.

I think Dak is pretty underrated. He's not elite, but elite players don't set the standard for your market value. Dak is a franchise top 10 guy. He should get paid. 31 AAV would be the 6th highest in the league, and 1 mil ahead of Matt Ryan. I think if Matt Ryan gets that contract (no disrespect, he's really good too), so should Dak.

Mahomes will no doubt sign a monster contract, but he's not gonna get that much lol

Dak led the 5th best passing offense and 2nd best overall offense in the NFL. He wasn't great the year before, but he took a noticeable step forward after they acquired Cooper, and he's been awesome ever since. His advanced numbers from 2019 are top 6-7 range in a lot of categories and his play action numbers were elite. He's only 26.

I wouldn't hesitate paying him big money if he hit the market. I doubt he will though. Jerry meddles a lot, but he's typically paid his best players, especially when they're in their prime.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-09-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Brad Biggs
    @BradBiggs

1h
    Clock is ticking for #Bears to decide if Leonard Floyd is worth $13.2 million this season. Some teams are keeping an eye on him as a potential cap casualty.

Zooming in on a decision that will be made before free agency kicks off.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago jack View Post
    Brad Biggs
    @BradBiggs

1h
    Clock is ticking for #Bears to decide if Leonard Floyd is worth $13.2 million this season. Some teams are keeping an eye on him as a potential cap casualty.

Zooming in on a decision that will be made before free agency kicks off.
    I hope they just extend him. opening up like 9 mil. But if they cut hin i would live too.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

It's an easy decision to decline that $13M. It's impossible to defend Pace if Floyd is still on the roster after March 18th for that number.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It's an easy decision to decline that $13M. It's impossible to defend Pace if Floyd is still on the roster after March 18th for that number.
    This.

It doesnít even require consideration. If they gave Floyd 13 million itís just next level incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    This.

It doesnít even require consideration. If they gave Floyd 13 million itís just next level incompetence.
    Yup.

If they wanna bring him back at a much lower number (~$5M AAV) then okay, though I'm not a big fan of that either (better to just cut him loose and pursue a Bud Dupree type). $13M for a non-pass rusher is a stupid decision by itself, but even worse for a team with limited cap space.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    How did his agility test out? That is super tempting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Yup.

If they wanna bring him back at a much lower number (~$5M AAV) then okay, though I'm not a big fan of that either (better to just cut him loose and pursue a Bud Dupree type). $13M for a non-pass rusher is a stupid decision by itself, but even worse for a team with limited cap space.
    The crazy thing is Iím not super confident that pace does the logical thing. Part of me worries he signs for the 13 mil. At the very least, Iím fairly certain pace doesnít want to cut him. Heís probably looking to sign him to a deal at a lower number. Preferably no more than 5 mil but it wouldnít surprise me if he went up to 6-9 mil. I would just cut bait all together. Iíd be wary of not overpaying for Dupree though. He broke out this year during his contract year but wasnít anything special before that.

Doesn't have to be Dupree. Was just using him as an example of the tier of pass rushers they target.

I don't really want Floyd back at all. You can pay a guy peanuts for what he does and we badly need a consistent pass rusher opposite Mack.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-10-2020 at 03:49 PM.