Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 415 of 455 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 6814
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I think people forget how old and bad this roster was when Pace took over. Here is a brief overview of his draft picks/results.

1/7 - White - bust (injury driven - I think it is hard to crush Pace for that)
    2/39 - Goldman - starter
    3/71 - Grasu - bad backup
    4/106 - Langford. - depth
    5/142 - Amos - good starter

1/9 - Floyd. - solid starter
    2/56 - Whitehair - good starter
    3/72 - Bullard - depth
    4/113 - Kwitakowski - fringe starter
    4/124 - Bush - Backup
    4/127 - Hall - depth
    5/150 - Howard - solid starter
    6/185 - Houston Carson - depth
    7/230. - Braverman - nothing

1/2 - Trubisky. - starter, but clearly not what anyone hoped for. Probably a backup very soon.
    2/45 - Shaheen - bad depth
    4/112 - Jackson - elite starter
    4/119 - Cohen - rotational
    5/147 - Morgan - depth

1/8 - Smith. - starter
    2/30 - Daniels - starter
    2/51 - Miller - starter
    4/115 - Iyiegbuniwe - depth
    5/145 - Nichols - depth
    6/181 - Fitts - nothing
    7/224 - Wims - depth

3/73 - Montgomery - starter
    4/126 - Ridley - depth
    6/205 - Shelley - nothing
    7/222 - Whyte - not for CHI...
    7/238 - Denmark - nothing

The fact is the matter is very few os Pace’s picks are no longer in the NFL. He has been good at building depth with young, cheap players - which is essential to building a capable team. He also hit on a number of mid or late round picks that have helped salvage his draft record (Jackson, Amos, Howard, Cohen, Kwit).

I think while Pace has obviously struggled getting value out of four top 10 picks (landing 2 starters, a bad starter, and a total bust), he has also been pretty good in the second round, landing 4 starters in 5 picks. Those two rounds could Maine have yielded 7-8 starters and 2 busts.

I think the biggest knock on Pace’s drafts are that he hasn’t hit any early round homeruns. The Mitch pick has really soured people on Pace, but his track record suggests he has a pretty high “hit” rate in drafts when you look at guys that play a role in CHI or elsewhere.

Also, FA certainly plays into this, but any team trying to fix holes in FA is going to usually end-up losing on those deals. You are forced to overpay for aging players most of the time, which means those deals will often not work out. This is true for any GM. But even in FA, Pace has made some good decisions with guys like Trevathan, Prince & ARob. Plus, he has been really good about taking chanc s on guys, like Glennon, with short contracts that are easy to move in from.

Lastly, Pace has done pretty good on extensions. Mack, Fuller, Hicks, Jackson, Whitehair have all been good deals. Really the only extension that looks shaky is Goldman.

There is certainly room to criticize Pace. But when you look at where this team started and consider Pace was the youngest GM in the league and how far the team has come, I think it is hard to crucify him. He and Nagy at least have CHI football relevant again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree with a lot of this. He's built a quality roster using the draft and free agency, but what ultimately could sink him is the 1st round misses, especially Mitch. I like Roquan though and if Pace is still here after next season, then let's hope he can right the ship in the 1st when we have all our picks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Forgot Miller too?
    I did, good call. He's flashed some. Not sure he was worth trading up for, especially considering his age, but he does have a chance to be a legit target. Huge year for him and if/when Foles ends up starting, we'll see if the change at QB helps him out.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    So they do worse than last year with a weaker strength of schedule and Foles, a better QB, playing more than half the season? That's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    So they do worse than last year with a weaker strength of schedule and Foles, a better QB, playing more than half the season? That's interesting.
    Kinda like he said, he's uncertain who will be playing QB.

A bad season (maybe not 6 wins bad) wouldn't be completely shocking if we have to start Mitch 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Kinda like he said, he's uncertain who will be playing QB.

A bad season (maybe not 6 wins bad) wouldn't be completely shocking if we have to start Mitch 7 games.
    Completely shocking? No. But the Bears won 8 games last year with Hicks missing most of the season, no legit rusher opposite of Mack, and Mack supposedly playing banged up. Oh yeah, they did this with zero running attack and no one to throw to at TE. Honestly, it would be slightly surprising if the Bears only won 6 games with Mitch starting the full season. The defense is still going to be a legit top 5 defense, and the running game will be a point of emphasis. Mitch may not be very good, but he's hardly the worst QB of all time like he's often portrayed on here. The Bears have had winning seasons with Mitch, Rex, Orton, Jay etc...and while I don't wan to get into a debate on where those guys fall in comparison to each other, it's hard to only win 6 games with an elite defense and even a respectable running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I don't care what other GM's are doing as far as their rating or whatever. I care about the GM of my team the Chicago Bears.IMO Pace (success or failure) will be tied with the Trubinski pick,simple as that. As of right now he missed big time ,with the trade up (only god knows) why he traded up to pick him is indefensible!
    A lot of people on here are saying, well he was the top rated QB at the time of the draft, Pace really had no choice.Yes he did, he had choices, but also IMO if you target a guy and move up and pay a price to get him,well then you have to be RIGHT!.... Now if he stays at 3 and Trubinsky is there...ok, you like him and you picked him. I can live with that scenario better.
    Indefensible?? What if someone jumped the Bears and took Mitch at 2 and he became a star?? Then everyone would have complained that Pace wasn't aggressive enough.

I wanted Watson. Thought that thepick was going to be Watson. It wasn't. Time for me to move on.

Success or failure?? So if the Bears go to the playoffs the next 5 years and wins a SB, the Mitch pick will soil Pace's reputation as a GM??? I honestly bet nobody would even care at that point. That's a silly take

"I don't care what other GM's do"...well let me tell you...you should. Why? Because you have to compare him to his peers. Anything else is being narrow minded.

I don't care what other GM's are doing as far as their rating or whatever. I care about the GM of my team the Chicago Bears.IMO Pace (success or failure) will be tied with the Trubinski pick,simple as that. As of right now he missed big time ,with the trade up (only god knows) why he traded up to pick him is indefensible!
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Completely shocking? No. But the Bears won 8 games last year with Hicks missing most of the season, no legit rusher opposite of Mack, and Mack supposedly playing banged up. Oh yeah, they did this with zero running attack and no one to throw to at TE. Honestly, it would be slightly surprising if the Bears only won 6 games with Mitch starting the full season. The defense is still going to be a legit top 5 defense, and the running game will be a point of emphasis. Mitch may not be very good, but he's hardly the worst QB of all time like he's often portrayed on here. The Bears have had winning seasons with Mitch, Rex, Orton, Jay etc...and while I don't wan to get into a debate on where those guys fall in comparison to each other, it's hard to only win 6 games with an elite defense and even a respectable running game.
    Yep, I agree with all of this. Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Indefensible?? What if someone jumped the Bears and took Mitch at 2 and he became a star?? Then everyone would have complained that Pace wasn't aggressive enough.

I wanted Watson. Thought that thepick was going to be Watson. It wasn't. Time for me to move on.

Success or failure?? So if the Bears go to the playoffs the next 5 years and wins a SB, the Mitch pick will soil Pace's reputation as a GM??? I honestly bet nobody would even care at that point. That's a silly take

"I don't care what other GM's do"...well let me tell you...you should. Why? Because you have to compare him to his peers. Anything else is being narrow minded.
    Why didn't someone jump and grab Mitch? Ohh wait only one guy did Pace..Hmmmm.
    I believe you answered your own question....
    I dodn't need to compare him to anyone in my mind ...He's to be judged by what the Bears do...simple.

I liked Mahom's and Watson....Never really liked Mitch(as a player). He wasn't even that accurate in college.But I think Mitch is really a stand up guy and I'm pulling for him.He's teammates seem to like him alot....

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Why didn't someone jump and grab Mitch? Ohh wait only one guy did Pace..Hmmmm.
    I believe you answered your own question....
    I dodn't need to compare him to anyone in my mind ...He's to be judged by what the Bears do...simple.
    because we traded up. if we hadnt there is no telling what SF does wirh that pick. somebody else may jump up ahead of us

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    because we traded up. if we hadnt there is no telling what SF does wirh that pick. somebody else may jump up ahead of us
    I wish someone did and grabbed Mitch....But no one else thought that highly of Mitch to do that and no one did except Pace. Anyway it's done and it was the wrong move!

I wish someone did and grabbed Mitch....But no one else thought that highly of Mitch to do that and no one did except Pace. Anyway it's done and it was the wrong move!
    How do you know nobody tried to? Pace might've just had the best offer.

How do you know someone did? And if they did ...how do you know they were targeting Mitch? Mute point.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    How do you know nobody tried to? Pace might've just had the best offer.
    i think Pace sitting at 3 knows who is calling and how many teams are trying to move up more than these fans who want to make rediculous claims would. there were rumors the browns may try and trade up and get both Mitch and Garret.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas