Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 414 of 455 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 6815
    Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    I don't know. Ozzie Newsome of Baltimore is regarded as a great GM and he had decent qbs for years. guess it's all relative.

Also, how can you rank a GM if the qb was already in place? Like GB's Gutekunst? If Pace had a Rodgers or a Brady or Brees already, how would he be graded?
    Itís a good thought with Pace.. however his rough FA deals and horrendous history of 1st and 2nd draft picks, I think he would still be graded low. Just my opinion though.

How does pace have a horrendous history in the 2nd? Goldman, Whitehair, Daniels, Shaheen (puke).....

One terrible selection. Two good selections. And one TBD. I still like Daniels upside. Hard to properly judge him with the coaching/scheme. Iíll be watching him closely this year but still think his future is bright.

Hardly a horrendous history there. Not the greatest, but at worse, about average.

His 1st's mostly blow, which is really concerning, but he's done a solid job aside from that.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    His 1st's mostly blow, which is really concerning, but he's done a solid job aside from that.
    maybe that's why he was willing to trade for mack with 2 1st's. he should take a page out of the patriots and just trade out of the first round every year and load up on 2nds/3rds.

agreed, tho, his first rounders haven't been legit first rounders. to be fair tho, what's the success rate of the first round overall? like 16 of 32 first rounders are studs?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-the-nfl-draft

damn... success rate of a QB in the first round being an all pro is 5%... crazy

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I love how Pace is criticized for his first..... yet nobody brings up roquan as a good pick. Floyd didnt become a stud but he was a starter. So technically thats still a hit

The other two he has had. White was injury prone and u cant really predict that. And Mitch..... well mitch is still a little up in the air....... however yes he likely missed on him.

Thats still a 50% hit rate in the first. Is that not good enough for some. Like i have asked b4 take a look at some other franchise draft history's and tell me they hit on all their first.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    How does pace have a horrendous history in the 2nd? Goldman, Whitehair, Daniels, Shaheen (puke).....

One terrible selection. Two good selections. And one TBD. I still like Daniels upside. Hard to properly judge him with the coaching/scheme. Iíll be watching him closely this year but still think his future is bright.

Hardly a horrendous history there. Not the greatest, but at worse, about average.
    Forgot Miller too?

-Rem Koolhaas

I think people forget how old and bad this roster was when Pace took over. Here is a brief overview of his draft picks/results.

1/7 - White - bust (injury driven - I think it is hard to crush Pace for that)
    2/39 - Goldman - starter
    3/71 - Grasu - bad backup
    4/106 - Langford. - depth
    5/142 - Amos - good starter

1/9 - Floyd. - solid starter
    2/56 - Whitehair - good starter
    3/72 - Bullard - depth
    4/113 - Kwitakowski - fringe starter
    4/124 - Bush - Backup
    4/127 - Hall - depth
    5/150 - Howard - solid starter
    6/185 - Houston Carson - depth
    7/230. - Braverman - nothing

1/2 - Trubisky. - starter, but clearly not what anyone hoped for. Probably a backup very soon.
    2/45 - Shaheen - bad depth
    4/112 - Jackson - elite starter
    4/119 - Cohen - rotational
    5/147 - Morgan - depth

1/8 - Smith. - starter
    2/30 - Daniels - starter
    2/51 - Miller - starter
    4/115 - Iyiegbuniwe - depth
    5/145 - Nichols - depth
    6/181 - Fitts - nothing
    7/224 - Wims - depth

3/73 - Montgomery - starter
    4/126 - Ridley - depth
    6/205 - Shelley - nothing
    7/222 - Whyte - not for CHI...
    7/238 - Denmark - nothing

The fact is the matter is very few os Paceís picks are no longer in the NFL. He has been good at building depth with young, cheap players - which is essential to building a capable team. He also hit on a number of mid or late round picks that have helped salvage his draft record (Jackson, Amos, Howard, Cohen, Kwit).

I think while Pace has obviously struggled getting value out of four top 10 picks (landing 2 starters, a bad starter, and a total bust), he has also been pretty good in the second round, landing 4 starters in 5 picks. Those two rounds could Maine have yielded 7-8 starters and 2 busts.

I think the biggest knock on Paceís drafts are that he hasnít hit any early round homeruns. The Mitch pick has really soured people on Pace, but his track record suggests he has a pretty high ďhitĒ rate in drafts when you look at guys that play a role in CHI or elsewhere.

Also, FA certainly plays into this, but any team trying to fix holes in FA is going to usually end-up losing on those deals. You are forced to overpay for aging players most of the time, which means those deals will often not work out. This is true for any GM. But even in FA, Pace has made some good decisions with guys like Trevathan, Prince & ARob. Plus, he has been really good about taking chanc s on guys, like Glennon, with short contracts that are easy to move in from.

Lastly, Pace has done pretty good on extensions. Mack, Fuller, Hicks, Jackson, Whitehair have all been good deals. Really the only extension that looks shaky is Goldman.

There is certainly room to criticize Pace. But when you look at where this team started and consider Pace was the youngest GM in the league and how far the team has come, I think it is hard to crucify him. He and Nagy at least have CHI football relevant again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People who say that Pace is a terrible GM must really forget what Emery was like.

No GM hits on 100% of his draft picks and while many consider Mitch a bust, he was considered one of the top QBs in that draft.

If you look at the 1st rounders from Floyd's class, many weren't as good of a pro as he has become. He's not the pass rusher that anyone hoped for, hence why he was allowed to walk.

White was an athletic WR who many considered a "no brainier", but the injuries piled up. You can't blame Pace for that.

Overall, comparing Pace with the other 31 GM's throughout the league, I think Pace is above average.

While some of his FA's sucked, he hasn't yet signed someone to contract that has hung the Bears. He's very wise in that department.

Glennon was the top FA QB and the Bears needed one. But he was let go without killing the Bears cap.

He never had a say in the hiring of John Fox, so you can't put that on him.

I don't care what people say, Pace has been the best GM that the Bears have had in a long time.
    Last edited by I don't care.; 04-08-2020 at 04:34 PM.

I don't care what other GM's are doing as far as their rating or whatever. I care about the GM of my team the Chicago Bears.IMO Pace (success or failure) will be tied with the Trubinski pick,simple as that. As of right now he missed big time ,with the trade up (only god knows) why he traded up to pick him is indefensible!

A lot of people on here are saying, well he was the top rated QB at the time of the draft, Pace really had no choice.Yes he did, he had choices, but also IMO if you target a guy and move up and pay a price to get him,well then you have to be RIGHT!.... Now if he stays at 3 and Trubinsky is there...ok, you like him and you picked him. I can live with that scenario better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    A lot of people on here are saying, well he was the top rated QB at the time of the draft, Pace really had no choice.Yes he did, he had choices, but also IMO if you target a guy and move up and pay a price to get him,well then you have to be RIGHT!.... Now if he stays at 3 and Trubinsky is there...ok, you like him and you picked him. I can live with that scenario better.
    I honestly care less about the trade. Say what u want about mitch being a bust. but having conviction and going to get a guy i respect that

i mean people want to talk about White being a bust. well he was the best player left. had he had conviction to go up and grab a guy maybe we dont talk about white and the bust. Same with Floyd. who people forget we miss out on without that trade. we probably end up with Hargraves wbo sucked even worse.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 04-08-2020 at 05:28 PM.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I honestly care less about the trade. Say what u want about mitch being a bust. but having conviction and going to get a guy i respect that
    So you like wrong convictions??? Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    So you like wrong convictions??? Good for you.
    I like going to a restaraunt and getting what i want. Not being told they are out of that and i have to settle. If you like Settling for something that says loads on your personality ... so good for you.

Once again. People love the point at floyd as a bust. But riddle me this. he was a starter for a top tier D. he never evolved into a pass rusher but he was good. Had Pace not traded up to get him the giants take him. We likely end up drafting Hargraves Or maybe not even..... Hargraves may have gone 9...... 10 was Floyd. and at 11 whos left. Obvious answer is Tunsil but he was likely off our board entirely due to the draft day scandle. Then what do u do.

-Rem Koolhaas

I'm not out on Pace yet but for me he has a short leash. He came in as a GM that was supposed to fix the neverending bad quarterback play. I think he even said he was going to draft a qb every year because you can never have enough good ones.

So far we have Glennon, Sanchez, Trubisky, Daniel's, and now Foles at the hands of Pace. None of these guys scream franchise quarterback. I'll give a GM a swing and a miss here and there but after 35 yrs of not winning the super bowl I'm so sick of the excuses. To me Pace sucks at the biggest position on the field and that's not good.