Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 413 of 456 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 6833
    I still like Floyd.

He just isn't a pass rusher, which is obviously what you expect that high.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I've wondered the same about Prince. I'd be glad to welcome him back and put off addressing CB for another year.
    Same. Something tells me the bears are ready to move on though.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    Again wasn't complaining(yeah I know you weren't saying I was or maybe you were) lol pace has hit on a few late rounders as well. So like my post originally stated I do still think Pace is still capable of finishing this roster and making it a winning/championship caliber team.
    I think u can look at almost every team and claim that the GM misses on picks. I mean there are only like 10-15 good players a draft. maybe 40 or 50 starters (and that may be high too) the odds are u will miss on quite a few picks. I give White and Shaheen the old U cant predict injuries. maybe they could have been good. but they were not.

U want to be upset because Pace drafted Mitch..... fine. U dont like the way Floyd paned out. Remind me who your guy that draft was.

I mean take a look at the kevin white draft. My personal guy was vic beasley. He isnt resigned to his 2nd contract. Alot here loved Gurley..... he got cut after a huge contract.

How about next year with Floyd. Alot here liked Hargraves who never stuck. Tunsil is obviously the right choice but hindsight is always perfect. the day of the draft there were a ton of questions. A father (may be in law) willing to sabatoge his son. Drug use in an erra we have seen strip Josh Gordon of any chance. and zero time to evaluate it.

We can all get on the tails of him for Mitch..... its easy. But do me a favor. before rationalizing your hatred of Pace or dislike for what he has done. go compare his drafts to 5 other Teams and tell me how they stack up.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Fun Mock draft that is probably way off of reality.

43- TRADE DOWN.... I want to take the best prospect available right here trust me. But for this mock Im honestly thinking Quantity over Quality. at 43 (470) we can probably get a deal done around the Bills 54 (360) and 86 (160)

#50- TRADE DOWN..... Boy I would be absolutely upset at this point. not getting to use 43 and then waiting to 50 to again trade down. UGG shoot me now. But again.... Lets just say that Im not sure that there will be anyone at 43 worth making that pick for or 50. Some might disagree but there are a number of guys to like in the 2nd. Looking at #50 (400) you can probably get something like KC 63 ( 276) and 96 ( 116)

#54- Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia- Let me say this. I hate our OL. I hate our lack of strength. I dont like our panzy OTs..... Issiah Wilson is a MAN. We love guys from Georgia ( I think we have drafted 4 while with Pace) Wilson is a developmental guy for sure. If you have faith in our OL coach though you let him do work on this kid.

#63- KJ Hamler WR Penn- Personally I think he goes higher..... But I also am questioning how 10 WRs can go in the first 60 or so picks. there should be somebody who slips..... could be Reagor..... Aiyuk... or Mims who falls... however I think Hamlers lack of size could be a thing that teams look at and say can he really play outside. To me..... you play with him if you have to. get Miller on the outside more...... Utilize that speed and make him into a tyreek hill like player for us.

#86- Trey Adams OT Wash- 2 OTs....... I know. But there is something to say about Trey adams who at one time a year ago was the consensus best OT in the draft. Basically the way I see the picks at 54 is you can take a better tackle at #43....... Cleveland.... Jackson.... or Jones..... or you can trade down and double dip. Ending up with Trey Adams and Issiah Wilson both on the same team..... competing against Leno and Massie. Well at worst IMO you have quality depth..... and at best maybe both of these guys are your future Tackles as both Massie and Leno could be considered causalities after this year.

#96- Logan Wilson ILB Wyoming- I am quite content with Smith and Danny at ILB..... What im not OK with is..... what we have (or dont have) behind him. Smith and Danny ended the year on the bench..... and we dont exactly have anyone who can step in. Logan Wilson would be a great pick...... for depth and to potentially start down the road.

TRADE UP from #163 (25) using the #196 (11.8) to get back into the 4th round around the 139 (36.5) of Tampa

#139- Shyheim Carter S Alabama - I really do want to go with Brooks JR here..... but there is something to be said about Brooks JR basically being a LB in a S body. Carter can do it all. and could be a very good S across from Eddie Jackson

#200- James Morgan FIU - I actually doubt he makes it this far....... But if so he would be a solid addition to the QB room as a developmental guy. I know what some will say...... we wont carry 3 QBs.... but rosters got 2 spots larger so carrying a QB would not be as hard as it used to be.

#226- Tyre Phillips OG Mississippi state - Im unsure if you have seen a patern in the OL i like to plug into these mocks..... Big.... Mean... Run Blockers...... I want to see this team thrive. the best way to do that is to take the Running game and make it so this team can run the ball.... Whether its Foles or MItch.... we should be a run first team with a great D. Fix the OL. that was my focus in this draft. and lets say that Castillo has lots of nice toys to play with to make this OL functional.

#233- Darius Anderson RB TCU- Basically we need a RB...... IDK if this kid is any good or not. But Montgomery and Cohen are the only two worth touching..... I wish we had held onto Whyte

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

2020 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Seems like we actually still have money to play with. Would love if we could find a starter at CB or Safety before the draft. Don't like how many holes we still have.

Jefferson would be great. Late in FA, he may sign at a bargain price.

What are the odds Prince would come back cheap? Haven't seen many rumblings about him signing anywhere and would rather start him another year than rely on the randomizes scrubs we've picked up or a mid rounder.
    I agree. Prince, Jefferson, Apple, Wilson, Berry, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard. Some good options for a one year.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Did bell sign anywhere? Iíd prefer von bell over Jefferson.
    The Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think u can look at almost every team and claim that the GM misses on picks. I mean there are only like 10-15 good players a draft. maybe 40 or 50 starters (and that may be high too) the odds are u will miss on quite a few picks. I give White and Shaheen the old U cant predict injuries. maybe they could have been good. but they were not.

U want to be upset because Pace drafted Mitch..... fine. U dont like the way Floyd paned out. Remind me who your guy that draft was.

I mean take a look at the kevin white draft. My personal guy was vic beasley. He isnt resigned to his 2nd contract. Alot here loved Gurley..... he got cut after a huge contract.

How about next year with Floyd. Alot here liked Hargraves who never stuck. Tunsil is obviously the right choice but hindsight is always perfect. the day of the draft there were a ton of questions. A father (may be in law) willing to sabatoge his son. Drug use in an erra we have seen strip Josh Gordon of any chance. and zero time to evaluate it.

We can all get on the tails of him for Mitch..... its easy. But do me a favor. before rationalizing your hatred of Pace or dislike for what he has done. go compare his drafts to 5 other Teams and tell me how they stack up.
    I'm not on him for Mitch. As I have stated I'm a huge Mitch fan and hope he makes a huge leap and proves everyone wrong. No problem with drafting him at all. Everyone had Mitch as the #1 qb in that draft.

Also no hate for Pace here at all. I have said Pace IS still capable of finishing this roster and turning it into a championship team. He has to do well in this draft in order to do so and the free agents we signed have to perform very well in order for that to happen.

With the amount of picks and where they are a good result would be two impact players. I donít want them to trade either of the second round picks. More picks that result in a higher quantity of low impact players is not what we need. Just because we have hit on a few low round picks before does not mean it will happen again, the odds are against it. Keep the two second rounders and címon Pace, hit on them FFS. Your high round picks have been putrid, get your **** together

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I still like Floyd.

He just isn't a pass rusher, which is obviously what you expect that high.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    He's definitely no Shea McClellin type bust. Just probably more of a rotational player.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Even with Tunsil, he's wanting the biggest LT contract in the league right now. He's good, but not elite, and certainly not worth that kinda money. You can argue the OL is in better shape right now, but you're probably maxed out financially if he's making huge money. You probably can't afford a guy like Quinn either.
    I might be okay with that trade-off in a vacuum. If Floyd had tapped into his potential, it's not like he wouldn't be costing us quite a bit too, and it would've meant probably not paying at least one of Leno or Massie. But for me, the pick is justified based on what we knew at the time, which is the only real way to grade a pick. Tunsil was a good, not great LT prospect who ended up a good LT. Floyd was a raw, but really high upside prospect who ultimately, isn't even all that bad of a player. He's just not worth the 13 mil he would've made. I'd take him back as a rotational guy for a more appropriate pay any year.

That draft was just mediocre after the first 8 picks - Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Elliott, Jalen Ramsey, Ronnie Stanley, Deforest Buckner, Jack Conklin. The next 10? Floyd, Eli Apple, Vernon Hargreaves, Sheldon Rankins, Laremy Tunsil, Karl Joseph, Corey Coleman, Taylor Decker, Keanu Neal, Ryan Kelly. Other than Tunsil, I don't know that any of those guys are substantially better players than Floyd. Ryan Kelly I suppose? But context still matters, and he obviously wasn't a guy you take with a top 10 pick at the time. Pace didn't have a lot of great choices, so he took the freak athlete with a ton of upside for a team that was desperate for a pass rusher. It was a fine decision. Not an A+ draft grade, but a solid B. It's too bad we didn't lose more games in 2015.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 04-06-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones-in View Post
    Kevin White
    I'm not out on Pace but it's going to be hard to change my mind that he's a GM that can put together a contender.
    A missed field goal from going to the another game into the play offs. that's a contender. Last year, with injuries and whatever the offense tossed out there, the bears feel short, but they were still in every single game. that defense is still top 3 in the league by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post

Well said.

It's really interesting. I mean, look at the Redskins, traded huge for RG3 and for a couple seasons, a pretty reasonable trade. then injuries and the guy was done. it's a weird world full of what ifs and reviewing and rating and redrafting.

Pace didn't make a bad decision, Mitch just didn't develop the way he should. How can we blame that on Pace? Physically, Mitch is a beast. Any one look at the combine numbers between Mitch/Mahomes? They're really close, like damn near identical.

Pace built a great d, a solid offense, and the bears are not contractually screwed. A few bad moves, but a few great ones as well. he's upper middle of the pack as GMs go IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    A missed field goal from going to the another game into the play offs. that's a contender. Last year, with injuries and whatever the offense tossed out there, the bears feel short, but they were still in every single game. that defense is still top 3 in the league by far.

Well said.

It's really interesting. I mean, look at the Redskins, traded huge for RG3 and for a couple seasons, a pretty reasonable trade. then injuries and the guy was done. it's a weird world full of what ifs and reviewing and rating and redrafting.

Pace didn't make a bad decision, Mitch just didn't develop the way he should. How can we blame that on Pace? Physically, Mitch is a beast. Any one look at the combine numbers between Mitch/Mahomes? They're really close, like damn near identical.

Pace built a great d, a solid offense, and the bears are not contractually screwed. A few bad moves, but a few great ones as well. he's upper middle of the pack as GMs go IMO.
    Yea I wouldn't go so far as to say upper middle of the pack, probably closer to just middle of the pack, though the jury is still out. Outside of Eddie, he really hasn't hit on any impact talent in the draft. He hasn't made any franchise changing moves (closest is Mack, but he payed quite the price for it), but he hasn't made any franchise destroying moves either. He's added elite talent through FA & trades, which is nice, but it's not where the recipe is for sustained success.

I think ultimately, fair or unfair, a GM will always be judged based on the choosing of QB & head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yea I wouldn't go so far as to say upper middle of the pack, probably closer to just middle of the pack, though the jury is still out. Outside of Eddie, he really hasn't hit on any impact talent in the draft. He hasn't made any franchise changing moves (closest is Mack, but he payed quite the price for it), but he hasn't made any franchise destroying moves either. He's added elite talent through FA & trades, which is nice, but it's not where the recipe is for sustained success.

I think ultimately, fair or unfair, a GM will always be judged based on the choosing of QB & head coach.
    I was just reading the article about Jeffery being shopped and how the eagles regret paying him.
    https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/alsh...-20200406.html

How many players left the bears where they went and fell apart. I think that is something that is highly over looked. If Nick falls apart in LV, then that was a good move. I mean Howard ran for what 500 yards last season. Who else did Pace let walk who didn't do much of anything on a new team, or was overpaid?

My point, we all look at Pace and the Bears, but what about the former bears players who he made the best decision and let leave.

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    I was just reading the article about Jeffery being shopped and how the eagles regret paying him.
    https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/alsh...-20200406.html

How many players left the bears where they went and fell apart. I think that is something that is highly over looked. If Nick falls apart in LV, then that was a good move. I mean Howard ran for what 500 yards last season. Who else did Pace let walk who didn't do much of anything on a new team, or was overpaid?

My point, we all look at Pace and the Bears, but what about the former bears players who he made the best decision and let leave.
    Literally no one else that comes to mind. Maybe Kwiatkowski will. The Eagles won a super bowl with Jeffrey as a pretty important contributor though, I doubt they regret signing him. Howard was coming off a bad year and didn't fit in the offense. Trading him was an easy decision. He doesn't really make a substantial amount of money and in general, history has shown it's generally unwise to invest in runningbacks beyond their rookie contract.

Anyway, I stand by my argument. To be a successful GM in the league, you typically need to hit on your QB and HC. Or be elite at at least one of those positions such that it covers everything else up. Phil Emery made a lot of good FA signings and trades too. So did Angelo. HC & QB. The most impactful and long-term positions in the game. You hit on them once, you're covered for 10-15 years. That's the formula.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 04-07-2020 at 03:04 PM.

I don't know. Ozzie Newsome of Baltimore is regarded as a great GM and he had decent qbs for years. guess it's all relative.

Also, how can you rank a GM if the qb was already in place? Like GB's Gutekunst? If Pace had a Rodgers or a Brady or Brees already, how would he be graded?