Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 319 of 456 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 6833
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    The most I would give up for Carr is a straight up 3rd. That's it. Raiders want more, the Bears have other options at QB.

But seriously, does anybody actually see Brady going to the Raiders (even though that would be a delicious slice of irony pie)? Brady is not going to consider a team that shares a division with Pat Mahomes.
    on the brady Front. IDK what the **** to expect from him. Honestly Carr vs Brady today. i probably keep Carr. But wtf do i know. Brady should stay in NE. but most reports i hear say he is probably gone. And honestly IDK where he might go because nowhere really makes any sense. Maybe Tampa if im being honest. Or Tennessee. But no the Raiders done make sense on paper. But brady leaving period doesnt male sense.so IDK.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    I don't know who has been following the XFL, but I have. I actually think it's a decent product.

PJ Walker from Houston has been very impressive. I wouldn't be upset if Pace brought him in to compete with Mitch. The kid reminds me of Watson. He's been the best QB in the league thus far.

There wouldn't be any picks to give up and he could come at a reasonable price.

Anyone else watched this kid play? What's your thoughts?
    That PJ walker at best is a 3rd string QB for this team. If you were set on mitch maybe he is an option. he should go to a team where he could play as a backup though. We need more behind Mitch

-Rem Koolhaas

2020 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Tannehill had very little value and at one point last offseason I remember seeing reports he would be flat out cut. He had missed half his games the previous 3 years and was acquired to be a backup. That should tell you his value at that point.

Josh Rosen was acquired for a 2nd, not bad considering what the Skins did to him his first year.

Alex Smith was 33 at the time of the trade and got a 3rd plus Kendall Fuller who was highly regarded at the time. He would have been cut if they couldn't trade him as they were over the cap and moving to Mahomes.

None of these situations are remotely similar to David Carr. He's 28, better than all of those players pre-trade, and would be in demand by multiple teams. If we could get him for a 3rd that would be incredible.
    This.

I think thereís a 50/50 chance he could be had for a 2nd but that would be best case scenario. Anyone expecting a better deal than that is dreaming.
    Last edited by KG2TB; 03-01-2020 at 12:01 PM.

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...586220545?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...586220545?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Probably a wise move. Younger than Trevathan and trending up. Also heard the Pack are interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Probably a wise move. Younger than Trevathan and trending up. Also heard the Pack are interested in him.
    If the Bears are connected, the Packers always are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    If the Bears are connected, the Packers always are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is true. They're also rumored to go after Hooper.

If worst comes to worst and we strike out at QB.... would amyone have interest in Jacoby Brissett if and when he is cut.

I know Personally Brissett I know fixes nothing At least Dalton can lead an offense.... not to the superbowl imo. But Could you really even bench Mitch for Brissett.

-Rem Koolhaas

I can't even see Jacoby Brissett being much of an upgrade over Mitch and that's saying something. He played behind a top 8ish O-line and with one of the better play callers in the league...and still sucked. He's a fine backup, but we need someone to step in and steady (or elevate) the offense rather than be the same (or worse) as Mitch. Keenum and Dalton seem like the most realistic targets for that role.

He'd be an upgrade but I'm not interested

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Iím guessing itís dalton

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I can't even see Jacoby Brissett being much of an upgrade over Mitch and that's saying something. He played behind a top 8ish O-line and with one of the better play callers in the league...and still sucked. He's a fine backup, but we need someone to step in and steady (or elevate) the offense rather than be the same (or worse) as Mitch. Keenum and Dalton seem like the most realistic targets for that role.
    exactly how i feel. You cant realistically expect Brissett to be an upgrade at QB. So why bother spending on a guy like him. id rather take a Stab at Alex smith. Just because a best case scenario he is solid. and with Brissett Best case scenario is he is just about the same as Mitch

-Rem Koolhaas

I think the appeal with Brissett is he's only going to cost money and probably not much of it. But that's a hard sell to your fanbase if he's the only QB you bring in.

Dalton scares me because I could see Pace overpaying a little bit (when his value should only be a 5th IMO) and then you're adding an almost $18M cap hit when we only have $26M to work with. There should be an increase coming once the new CBA is done, but you can't count on that. You'd have to restructure Dalton's deal and maybe a couple others to be able to do anything else in free agency.

Keenum, like Brissett, is only going to cost money, and he's been on basically the same level as Dalton over the last few years. He should be the guy, but if you can aim higher then please do. I really can't get excited about another season (or even handful of games) with Mitch starting.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-02-2020 at 10:23 AM.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ls/4923597002/
    One potential hurdle is cap space. The Bears have $25,197,387 of space entering March, according to ESPN's Roster Management System, but they can gain more with contract restructures or player releases. Dalton currently holds a $17.7 million cap hit on the Bengals' books. Cincinnati might be able to eat some of that money to facilitate a deal.
    Just after I voice my concerns about Dalton. If they're willing to eat a good chunk of the cap hit, all the better. Makes me wonder what kind of pick they're expecting though. We can't give up a 2. Maybe offer a conditional future 4.

For Dalton, the best they can offer this year is a 5, if Cincinnati is willing to wait for 2021 I'd give them a 4.
    I would think that IF the Bears wanted him, they might make him a two year offer, backloaded for next year to make the money work out a little better.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting