Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    You can cut a lot more than those two players, some of which you mentioned, and others you didn't. Floyd (no way he's worth $13), Prince (Tolliver has played well, albeit a limited sample), Long's retirement, Leno (post June 1), Gabriel (a luxury + this is a very strong WR class), and Shaheen (sucks, not even worth the $1M) is over $50M. Factor in contract restructures (already happened with Fuller), a cap increase, and you might be around $55M. Can probably fill a couple of those positions with draft picks (I'd aim for LT & WR), one or two in FA (OLB - bargain or extend Floyd at a much lower number, TE, RG), one or two internally (CB).

I'm not suggesting it's going to be easy, but it is doable while still addressing most of those needs. Pace will have to make hard choices to maximize the limited window they're in. Going back to Trubisky and not even exploring a better QB alternative (in that $15-20M range) is likely going to get him fired. I would hope he realizes that.
    Hasn't been mentioned on here yet but, is there even a post June with this being the last year of the CBA?

Quote Originally Posted by RussianBear View Post
    Since the Bengals will most likely draft Burrow with their #1, I think we could get Andy Dalton rather cheaply (about 10M on one year "prove it" deal + a 2021 Round 3 pick or something). I think this is by far the most realistic veteran option out there. Rivers is unlikely to get out of SD, and I think Brady and Brees will get extensions by their current teams unless one decides to retire right away.
    Cincy will just cut Dalton. There's no dead cap left on his deal and they'd save close to $18M by letting him go.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Hasn't been mentioned on here yet but, is there even a post June with this being the last year of the CBA?
    There is not.

FWIW
    Long - 8
    Prince - 8
    Gabriel - 4.5
    Floyd is not getting 13, figure he re-negotiates for 7
    That's at least $25M plus whatever the increase is
    I'd keep Patterson personally

If the Bears want a legit QB they will make room for one.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    FWIW
    Long - 8
    Prince - 8
    Gabriel - 4.5
    Floyd is not getting 13, figure he re-negotiates for 7
    That's at least $25M plus whatever the increase is
    I'd keep Patterson personally

If the Bears want a legit QB they will make room for one.
    I really hope they donít waste 7 mil on Floyd. Heís just not a pass rusher. Heís a well rounded player, but the Bears need a pass rushing threat opposite Mack. Use that 7 mil and go out and sign someone who could get to the QB.

I wouldn't spend any more than $5M on Floyd. He does some things really well, but at some point he has to be a more consistent pass rusher. He was invisible since Week 1 and hasn't ever developed a consistent counter move in four seasons... just tries to beat everyone around the edge with speed.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I wouldn't spend any more than $5M on Floyd. He does some things really well, but at some point he has to be a more consistent pass rusher. He was invisible since Week 1 and hasn't ever developed a consistent counter move in four seasons... just tries to beat everyone around the edge with speed.
    Yep. He's no Shea McClellin, but would definitely prefer we explore other options. Would've been really nice to sign Justin Houston last off-season.

$7M was a guess, he's not getting the $13M, so call it $5, $6 or $7M...knowing Pace, it will be on the high end, regardless, it'll save some cash.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I just donít think Floyd has the killer instinct as a pass rusher. But what makes him weak in that regard makes him strong in contain and against the run. I donít think he likes to take chances to a fault. So you pay him what a good contain/run stopper deserves. Not an elite pass rusher.

The way Floyd plays isnít bad, and in some ways itís good. Itís just not exactly what you need in this scheme.

He'd probably be best fit in a 4-3

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He'd probably be best fit in a 4-3

I think regardless of what kind of system he plays in, his poor pass rush abilities would be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think regardless of what kind of system he plays in, his poor pass rush abilities would be a problem.
    He was extremely valuable last year. His coverage skills were solid for an OLB. His run D was top notch. He might not be a great pass rusher, but heís really good at everything else. He made a lot of big plays in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I agree- if that's what you expect of him, he will be a disappointment.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/sta...556333056?s=19

Found that REALLY interesting. I've always respected Riddick's opinion a lot; and as an open Mitch supporter in the past... He does a 180 here.

Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast