Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Good hire for Mitch. Hope it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess the concern or question for me is are they doing this because they think Mitch can be fixed?

I think that ship has sailed.

If they're doing this with the idea of acquiring another QB, then great. Pretty easy to connect the dots to Nick Foles in that case since he's worked with all three of Nagy, Lazor, and DeFilippo.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-15-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    He rode a 6 game stretch and some charisma to a HC position. Then rode an epic defense to 12 wins and a COY award. As far as Iím concerned, he hasnít proven anything in this league yet. There are a ton of question marks still surrounding him. The only thing we know for sure is the players like him and he had some nifty trick plays last year. None this year. Other than that, youíre still banking that heís going to be great because he was ďhamstrung by Mitch.Ē No one used those excuses with Fox and Loggains though. And Mitch was a rookie that year....and our best WR was....Kendall Wright? Lol....dudes a salesman thatís good at individual play designs but is not good with game flow. Iíll be glad to eat crow but until I see otherwise, I donít think heís that good.
    Basically. I wonder what the numbers are on these trendy Coaching Tree Hires, mainly from Belichick and Reid's tree. I feel like most fail. Obviously some work out.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Basically. I wonder what the numbers are on these trendy Coaching Tree Hires, mainly from Belichick and Reid's tree. I feel like most fail. Obviously some work out.
    Peterson is a good coach. Iíd take him over Nagy pretty easily. Belichek never seems to have a quality disciple though which is odd.

Peterson is a good coach. Iíd take him over Nagy pretty easily. Belichek never seems to have a quality disciple though which is odd.
    Peterson was my exception.

Rivera, McDermott, Harbaugh, and Pederson have all been pretty good from Andy Reid's coaching tree. There are certainly more hits there than Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I guess the concern or question for me is are they doing this because they think Mitch can be fixed?

If they're doing this with the idea of acquiring another QB, then great. Pretty easy to connect the dots to Nick Foles in that case since he's worked with all three of Nagy, Lazor, and DeFilippo.
    I think just having him in the room is a good thing regardless of who the players are in that room. I think heís just very good at working on the details with QBs and getting through to them. I donít doubt that Mitch will still be around and if he can get to him, awesome. If itís someone else, awesome too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rivera, McDermott, Harbaugh, and Pederson have all been pretty good from Andy Reid's coaching tree. There are certainly more hits there than Belichick.
    Yep. Forgot about Rivera and Harbaugh somehow lol. Reid has one of the best trees around.

Yep. Forgot about Rivera and Harbaugh somehow lol. Reid has one of the best trees around.
    Also has some whiffs like Schurmur (though he went to two awful situations - CLE, NYG - and is still a good OC), Bowles, and to some extent Childress (Vikings did get to NFCC with him though).

Also has some whiffs like Schurmur (though he went to two awful situations - CLE, NYG - and is still a good OC), Bowles, and to some extent Childress (Vikings did get to NFCC with him though).
    I don't think there's a guy you or KG2TB named who isn't respected in some role in an organization. I have to agree with his original claim- Reid's coaching tree is really great.

Right. No one is going to bat 1000

Shurmur, like you said, is still a good (IMO, very good) OC and Bowles a good DC. Childress also had some success. Hard to argue against the Reid tree. Pace even pointed to it as another reason he liked Nagy. But itís impossible for everyone youíve mentored to be successful. Despite not winning a SB, I still think Reid is one of the best coaches in the league. Sure, you could knock him for it if you want, but I donít see it that way. Heís consistently coaching winning teams, being innovative, and obviously is a great teacher. Give me Reid any day of the week.

If Trubisky is the hill this regime wants to die on, then let them. To me, the only way Nagy/Pace/Trubisky stays in Chicago past 2020 is if the Bears make the NFC Championship, otherwise, I think they will gone.
    Screw sabermetics.

Does Mike Vrabel count as a Bellicheck disciple? I feel like he's done a solid job, also I like Patricia, I just think he has a dumpster fire of a team, but the Lions where pretty competitive last year with all the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If Trubisky is the hill this regime wants to die on, then let them. To me, the only way Nagy/Pace/Trubisky stays in Chicago past 2020 is if the Bears make the NFC Championship, otherwise, I think they will gone.
    I think as long as the Bears are legitimately competing/making the playoffs, the GM and HC are safe at least through next year (they could very likely survive another season exactly like last year imo). As for Mitch, he's almost certainly done pending some dramatic changes to his game between now and next year, especially since it will likely be the last year we control him.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-16-2020 at 02:01 PM.

IMO next season would really have to be a disaster for Pace/Nagy to get fired. It could happen, 4-12 would get it done. At this point it's pretty hard to predict a W/L but based upon known talent, a weaker schedule and anticipated improvements on the roster my early prediction is 10-6 and either a return as King of the North or a wild card. Trubisky is too hard to predict, but unless they are total morons (I don't think so - other do) there will be a B/U QB in town who can actually play and help salvage the season.
    A lot of things went wrong in 2019, it happens that way sometimes, 2020 cannot be a repeat. Anyway, like I said - just my opinion.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Something that needs to be on the table is seeing if the Jags will trade Foles and attach a pick, or eat some salary. I would probably opt for the pick because his contract is actually not bad after next season.

I don't know if they'd be interested in that, but those are the types of deals I'd like them to pursue. Can do something similar with Alex Smith.

Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast