Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Itís truly an awesome company. I made the right move to a different area but, unpredictably, the entire management structure changed there. My former peer and the company golden child became by boss and bossís boss. I fundamentally disagree with their approach to leadership. I shoot straight (though more politely than what I post here lol). Iíll defend my team to the extent of personal detriment. And sticking to my conviction completely backfired on me.

Fortunately we can afford both my wife and I being out of work for a while. Iím looking forward to being a dad any day now.
    Sorry to hear that man. It will work out for the best, you'll find the right fit , and also early Congrats on being a dad!

Good to know you can get by for a bit , that will certainly help the transition into fatherhood and make looking for the next step in your career a lot less stressful.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Just got shitcanned a week before my first child is born.

Howís your day going?
    Sorry to hear this. I've been through something similar, though it was shortly after my daughter was born.

It was hard, but in a way it helped me get through those first few months with an infant. Those early months, IMO, are the hardest, at least to this point.

You'll get through it. Enjoy the time with your newborn.

2020 Offseason Thread

I got laid off late in the summer of 2017. My kids were 5 and 2 at the time and it ended up being 6 weeks until I started another job (well kinda, I own my own swim team as a ďside FT jobĒ).

But that new job ended up being a blessing as it paid about 15 grand more, but what was worth more was I got to spend absolutely priceless time with my family before my son started kindergarten. I look back on that time just reflect on it to this day, I could never imagine being laid off would lead to so much joy.

Long story short is you never know when something like this may be a blessing in disguise. Especially with a kid on the way, as long as youíre not at risk of losing your house or something like that this time coming up for you I guarantee will be life changing and youíll be very happy to have the time with your kid and I assume wife.

All that said keep on the job hunt as I assume benefits for your family might be imperative to have back through an employer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pierzynski4Prez; 01-24-2020 at 01:52 AM.

I appreciate the kind words, guys.

I am a Mechanical Engineer by degree. My wife has a Masters in accounting. It sounds a bit cocky, but going to be ok with jobs. Worst case scenario is that unemployment where I live is like 3.5% with a surging market for growth. I can find work - maybe not in my field - practically immediately. Financially, weíre good.

This week has been insane. The pregnancy has had some scary implications that were presented 6 weeks ago, so Iíve been a mess from that. Monday morning, we learned that the issues with the baby appear to no longer be present (large mass in abdomen that could have led to some serious NICU time). Monday afternoon I was told about some options for my career that were serious downgrades financially and would have put me on a different work schedule from my wife. Tuesday afternoon, the pregnancy implications for my wife were improving, so some of the ICU concerns for her were alleviated. Wednesday, the option set presented to me on Monday changed to (to simplify) termination, current job but terms would likely terminate, or go to an offshift. And then yesterday, options changed to termination, offshift but likely terminated due to terms, or separation agreement.

Obviously, there are many, many sides to this story. In my perspective, Iím being used as a fall guy to cover for issues that exist in every different business unit in manufacturing as a ďsee! Weíve made it better!Ē situation. And whatís most hurtful is that my former boss used to be a close friend who has become an entirely different version of himself since becoming the manager of people with my old responsibility in that building.

Itís been an emotionally taxing week. And while completely blindsided that my work was leading to this, Iím fortunate that Iíve been pursuing similar jobs in other companies for about 2 months. I planned to use those jobs - similar responsibility but paying $20k or so more - as leverage to stay somewhere I loved. But, now Iím ahead of the game and may have a job depending on how a second interview that occurred during this whole mess went.

Sounds like you are going to be fine (Debo) and I wish you the best.
    I spent more than a few years of my life working in the PICU/NICU environment and as scary as they seem, those nurses and doctors have their **** together, they have to - to work in that kind of environment. I was afraid to even work there when I started, but the more I did it, the more amazing things I saw happen with kids the more I got to appreciate what was happening. My grandson spent his first month of life in a NICU here in SA in 2017, and I can tell you right now that kid is amazing.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Yeah, Debo, everyone is kinda saying everything I'd like to say, but better than I can think to. You're a cool dude, and yeah, wish ya the best, but as Muttman just said, seems like you'll be good.

Sucks to hear that Debo, but you will be fine. You made it through having a PSD stalker, this will be a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinRuHood View Post
    Sucks to hear that Debo, but you will be fine. You made it through having a PSD stalker, this will be a walk in the park.

LOL oh god did I need that laugh.

Lifeís crazy, man. I know everything will be ok because my wife and Iíll make it be ok. But damn is it going to be a stressful two months or so until I find another job.

LOL oh god did I need that laugh.

Lifeís crazy, man. I know everything will be ok because my wife and Iíll make it be ok. But damn is it going to be a stressful two months or so until I find another job.
    PDS Stalker?!?

What's up with that?!?

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    PDS Stalker?!?

What's up with that?!?
    Just a regular run of the mill beat cop stalked me and harassed me at my apartment complex in college because he couldnít understand why Tommie Harris wasnít a 4-3 DE.

Just a regular run of the mill beat cop stalked me and harassed me at my apartment complex in college because he couldnít understand why Tommie Harris wasnít a 4-3 DE.
    Wow, that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    GIMME DAT PHILIP RIVERS!

Target #1 in my book for the offseason.

GIMME DAT PHILIP RIVERS!

Target #1 in my book for the offseason.
    I'd be so hyped.

So perfect. Sign rivers draft a big ceiling low floor rookie.

Do itttttt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast