Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Not a bad play but both those guys have injury concerns. I could just see it now, pace gets foles or Smith, trubisky sucks, and the backup QB gets injured. Fans will rip Pace for bringing in a guy with injury concerns. Especially Smith since his injury was brutal.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Something that needs to be on the table is seeing if the Jags will trade Foles and attach a pick, or eat some salary. I would probably opt for the pick because his contract is actually not bad after next season.

I don't know if they'd be interested in that, but those are the types of deals I'd like them to pursue. Can do something similar with Alex Smith.
    Id be OK with Foles. Or Smith.... but neither at their current cost. We just dont have the cap space to go spending 20+ mil on average QBs IMO. IF it was Brees or Brady all day. But we just dont have 20 mil to be spending on QBs Im honestly not sure beat out Mitch. I mean I hate the idea of Dalton but he would probably be a better option. and also doesnt have any dead money next year if he doesnt work out.

The Truth is though..... I would honestly rather go with Keenum. Or Trade for Fitzmagic. Both have cheaper Cost.... no long term issues. And honestly its arguable that Both are better than Dalton.... Foles or Smith.

Another option I have been considering is the idea of drafting Cole Mcdonald though. I hate the idea of a 2nd round or later QB.... However I do like Cole. Its arguable he may be considered the top QB next year if he had stayed for his senior season. Maybe not..... But I do wonder where he would have ended up after passing for 3800 as a SO and 4000+ as a SR. And a Year under the Belt of Nagy and Co Grooming may be better than another year of College ball in the same system. Give him some time to develop a bit. Push Mitch. This option would also give us the option not to go Pay a QB big money. Maybe a Morriota or something just as another camp body..... but IDK....

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

FWIW I talked to a couple of Eagles fans I know, die hard ones, And they give a lot of credit to Defilippo and Reich for the success foles had and Wentz had during their tenure, they also said they believe those two had more to do with the success than Pederson did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Id be OK with Foles. Or Smith.... but neither at their current cost. We just dont have the cap space to go spending 20+ mil on average QBs IMO. IF it was Brees or Brady all day. But we just dont have 20 mil to be spending on QBs Im honestly not sure beat out Mitch. I mean I hate the idea of Dalton but he would probably be a better option. and also doesnt have any dead money next year if he doesnt work out.

The Truth is though..... I would honestly rather go with Keenum. Or Trade for Fitzmagic. Both have cheaper Cost.... no long term issues. And honestly its arguable that Both are better than Dalton.... Foles or Smith.

Another option I have been considering is the idea of drafting Cole Mcdonald though. I hate the idea of a 2nd round or later QB.... However I do like Cole. Its arguable he may be considered the top QB next year if he had stayed for his senior season. Maybe not..... But I do wonder where he would have ended up after passing for 3800 as a SO and 4000+ as a SR. And a Year under the Belt of Nagy and Co Grooming may be better than another year of College ball in the same system. Give him some time to develop a bit. Push Mitch. This option would also give us the option not to go Pay a QB big money. Maybe a Morriota or something just as another camp body..... but IDK....
    The only thing that bothers me about McDonald, is that I remember the last great Hawaii QB Colt Brennan and how he did less than nothing, I personally would rather take Jordan Love if at all possible, but it's looking increasingly possible someone will reach for him, so I'm not completely against Donald just off of talent alone.

If thats the best highlight video of james Morgan; hard pass for me. Nearly every pass is behind the receiver or high. I dont like QBs who run back out of the pocket either.

I did like what I saw from Cole McDonald though. Would like the Bears take a chance on him.

I'm not sold on Jordan Love either. He seems immature. I watched his last college game and the other QB on the opposing team actually out-played him with far less talent.

I am on board w/ CHI drafting a project (though I'd like one with more polish then these names) and signing a vet who is more dynamic than Chase Daniels. Heck, make Chase the assistant-to-the-assistant Qb coach if Nagy has to have him around.

You gotta stop saying this. It isn't accurate.

Foles contract is pretty team friendly moving forward since most of his signing bonus is already paid. Alex Smith's deal isn't that bad either. A healthy Smith beats out Mitch rather easily IMO.

Cole McDonald is in UDFA territory, lol. Even considering him in the 2nd is crazy talk. Going QB in the 2nd should be an option, but not for a guy outside of the top 250 prospects (in most cases).
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-16-2020 at 08:15 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il

Foles contract is pretty team friendly moving forward since most of his signing bonus is already paid. Alex Smith's deal isn't that bad either. A healthy Smith beats out Mitch rather easily IMO.

Cole McDonald is in UDFA territory, lol. Even considering him in the 2nd is crazy talk. Going QB in the 2nd should be an option, but not for a guy outside of the top 250 prospects (in most cases).
    Yes...... your right ... we can afford them. but spending 80-90% if what you could have is pretty moronic to me. you can tell me im wrong. But lets look at the team.

we have a little over 16 million in cap space B4 cuts

If we cut Gabriel (4.5 mil) and Paterson (5.2) your still at only 26 mil.

Andy Dalton Makes 17 mil
    Alex Smith Makes 21
    Foles Makes 22 mil

Do the math man. basically you can only afford these guys and nothing else by the time you start adding in draft picks and meerly getting the the minimum roster size.

and just a REMINDER..... WE HAVE NO STARTING SAFTEY..... WE REALLY NEED AN OG..... WE REALLY NEED A TE..... BUT BASED ON YOUR OPPINIONS SCREW THAT.... LETS GO GET A BELLOW AVERAGE STARTING QB MAKING NEARLY 20 MIL.

AND YES..... WE COULD MAKE MORE CUTS. But anyone else you cut you have to replace.

Floyd could be let go and we could save 13 million..... but who is starting Oposite of Mack now.... you would be forced to Sign 1.... Even if you draft one.

How about Prince. yes save 8 mil..... but who is starting opposite Fuller. You run into the same problem and its arguable your going to find a good replacment even for the money you save

I WILL REPEAT MYSELF. THIS TEAM CAN NOT AFFORD TO USE MOST OF ITS CAP SPACE ON QBs TEAMS DONT EVEN WANT.

You can argue all day whether we need a QB or not but anyone who argues just getting any of those Qbs and not being able to adress any of our Huge issues like OL...... TE..... or Starting S is worth it to me has a mental Deficiency. the fact is with that same 22 mil Foles makes you could probably get Keenum (5-6) Greham Glasgow (6 mil) and a Starting caliber S (still nearly 10 mil left from that 22 you want to spend on a non star QB )

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Foles to Chicago won't happen.

Read this article.

https://beargoggleson.com/2020/01/16...les-trade/amp/

That was kind of lazy. If the Jags just want to rid themselves of the contract, you wouldn't need much trade capital.

Foles and Smith below average? That's a low IQ statement.

Yes...... your right ... we can afford them. but spending 80-90% if what you could have is pretty moronic to me. you can tell me im wrong. But lets look at the team.

we have a little over 16 million in cap space B4 cuts

If we cut Gabriel (4.5 mil) and Paterson (5.2) your still at only 26 mil.

Andy Dalton Makes 17 mil
    Alex Smith Makes 21
    Foles Makes 22 mil

Do the math man. basically you can only afford these guys and nothing else by the time you start adding in draft picks and meerly getting the the minimum roster size.

and just a REMINDER..... WE HAVE NO STARTING SAFTEY..... WE REALLY NEED AN OG..... WE REALLY NEED A TE..... BUT BASED ON YOUR OPPINIONS SCREW THAT.... LETS GO GET A BELLOW AVERAGE STARTING QB MAKING NEARLY 20 MIL.

AND YES..... WE COULD MAKE MORE CUTS. But anyone else you cut you have to replace.

Floyd could be let go and we could save 13 million..... but who is starting Oposite of Mack now.... you would be forced to Sign 1.... Even if you draft one.

How about Prince. yes save 8 mil..... but who is starting opposite Fuller. You run into the same problem and its arguable your going to find a good replacment even for the money you save

I WILL REPEAT MYSELF. THIS TEAM CAN NOT AFFORD TO USE MOST OF ITS CAP SPACE ON QBs TEAMS DONT EVEN WANT.

You can argue all day whether we need a QB or not but anyone who argues just getting any of those Qbs and not being able to adress any of our Huge issues like OL...... TE..... or Starting S is worth it to me has a mental Deficiency. the fact is with that same 22 mil Foles makes you could probably get Keenum (5-6) Greham Glasgow (6 mil) and a Starting caliber S (still nearly 10 mil left from that 22 you want to spend on a non star QB )
    You can cut a lot more than those two players, some of which you mentioned, and others you didn't. Floyd (no way he's worth $13), Prince (Tolliver has played well, albeit a limited sample), Long's retirement, Leno (post June 1), Gabriel (a luxury + this is a very strong WR class), and Shaheen (sucks, not even worth the $1M) is over $50M. Factor in contract restructures (already happened with Fuller), a cap increase, and you might be around $55M. Can probably fill a couple of those positions with draft picks (I'd aim for LT & WR), one or two in FA (OLB - bargain or extend Floyd at a much lower number, TE, RG), one or two internally (CB).

I'm not suggesting it's going to be easy, but it is doable while still addressing most of those needs. Pace will have to make hard choices to maximize the limited window they're in. Going back to Trubisky and not even exploring a better QB alternative (in that $15-20M range) is likely going to get him fired. I would hope he realizes that.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Foles to Chicago won't happen.

Read this article.

https://beargoggleson.com/2020/01/16...les-trade/amp/
    Eh, just a random fans perspective. There are ways to make it work. Trading anything of significant value is really unlikely considering they'd have to eat the rest of the signing bonus or they can restructure the contract to make it more team friendly for the team absorbing the deal. Look, I don't expect it, just saying these are the avenues I'd explore.

I would prefer Alex Smith, only if his knee checks out though, and his contract is more flexible than Foles. I wouldn't mind Keenum on the cheap either, but would like to aim higher.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-16-2020 at 11:46 PM.

I'd also call San Francisco and see what they want for Nick Mullens. He wouldn't be a flashy pick up, but he played well under Shanahan last year. He was just a couple spots from being a middle of the pack QB based on DVOA and rated higher than Trubisky, Cousins, Stafford, Carr and Dak. Only 24, he's an ERFA so his contract is dirt cheap for a couple more years too. If you're bringing in competition and don't want to spend much, he's a guy worth pursuing IMO. Just depends on what San Fran's asking price is.

Quote Originally Posted by Daktothefuture View Post
    Does Mike Vrabel count as a Bellicheck disciple? I feel like he's done a solid job, also I like Patricia, I just think he has a dumpster fire of a team, but the Lions where pretty competitive last year with all the injuries.
    I agree with this observation. I also think McDaniels will be a good HC once he gets the chance again.

I'd also call San Francisco and see what they want for Nick Mullens. He wouldn't be a flashy pick up, but he played well under Shanahan last year. He was just a couple spots from being a middle of the pack QB based on DVOA and rated higher than Trubisky, Cousins, Stafford, Carr and Dak. Only 24, he's an ERFA so his contract is dirt cheap for a couple more years too. If you're bringing in competition and don't want to spend much, he's a guy worth pursuing IMO. Just depends on what San Fran's asking price is.
    Since the Bengals will most likely draft Burrow with their #1, I think we could get Andy Dalton rather cheaply (about 10M on one year "prove it" deal + a 2021 Round 3 pick or something). I think this is by far the most realistic veteran option out there. Rivers is unlikely to get out of SD, and I think Brady and Brees will get extensions by their current teams unless one decides to retire right away.
    Last edited by RussianBear; 01-17-2020 at 06:05 AM.

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast