Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 219 of 468 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 7010
    Rivera, McDermott, Harbaugh, and Pederson have all been pretty good from Andy Reid's coaching tree. There are certainly more hits there than Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/jreidnfl/status/...106190849?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That's pretty interesting.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I guess the concern or question for me is are they doing this because they think Mitch can be fixed?

I think that ship has sailed.

If they're doing this with the idea of acquiring another QB, then great. Pretty easy to connect the dots to Nick Foles in that case since he's worked with all three of Nagy, Lazor, and DeFilippo.
    I think just having him in the room is a good thing regardless of who the players are in that room. I think heís just very good at working on the details with QBs and getting through to them. I donít doubt that Mitch will still be around and if he can get to him, awesome. If itís someone else, awesome too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/bn_bears/status/...065891840?s=21

Rivera, McDermott, Harbaugh, and Pederson have all been pretty good from Andy Reid's coaching tree. There are certainly more hits there than Belichick.
    Yep. Forgot about Rivera and Harbaugh somehow lol. Reid has one of the best trees around.

Read something from jahns that Ragone was responsible for some of trubiskyís best plays. If thatís true, Jesus Christ....what the hell does Nagy even do here? He literally only is involved in the pass game, and the QB coach was responsible for Mitchís best plays lol

Not sure how anyone could complain about this. Good surprising hire.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Read something from jahns that Ragone was responsible for some of trubiskyís best plays. If thatís true, Jesus Christ....what the hell does Nagy even do here? He literally only is involved in the pass game, and the QB coach was responsible for Mitchís best plays lol
    It's weird that you look at it like that, because to me I don't see that being a real look at how these things work. Nagy is in charge of everything. He has a lot of voices around him, who might specialize in different areas, and I'm sure he values those voices, but ultimately, nothing will make it into the plan/game if Nagy doesn't approve. I also think he has strong views on how every aspect of the offense will work, and that everyone around him is there to play off of him, as opposed to the other way around.

It's why I don't really care too much about the hires in this case. So long as Nagy is in charge of the scheme/playcalling, we'll only ever be as good as him anyway.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-15-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    It's weird that you look at it like that, because to me I don't see that being a real look at how these things work. Nagy is in charge of everything. He has a lot of voices around him, who might specialize in different areas, and I'm sure he values those voices, but ultimately, nothing will make it into the plan/game if Nagy doesn't approve.

It's why I don't really care too much about the hires in this case. So long as Nagy is in charge of the scheme/playcalling, we'll only ever be as good as him anyway.
    I like how he let ragone have his say. They were seen bickering on the sidelines a few times. Itís just kind of concerning that the QB coach drew up some of Mitchís best plays. Many people here wanted ragone fired lol....Literally, Nagy according to him, is not involved in the defense, ST, or run game. He specialized in the pass game only...and the QB coach drew up Mitchís best plays. If youíve seen office space...Nagy....what would you say you do here? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Yep. Forgot about Rivera and Harbaugh somehow lol. Reid has one of the best trees around.
    Also has some whiffs like Schurmur (though he went to two awful situations - CLE, NYG - and is still a good OC), Bowles, and to some extent Childress (Vikings did get to NFCC with him though).

Also has some whiffs like Schurmur (though he went to two awful situations - CLE, NYG - and is still a good OC), Bowles, and to some extent Childress (Vikings did get to NFCC with him though).
    I don't think there's a guy you or KG2TB named who isn't respected in some role in an organization. I have to agree with his original claim- Reid's coaching tree is really great.

Right. No one is going to bat 1000

Shurmur, like you said, is still a good (IMO, very good) OC and Bowles a good DC. Childress also had some success. Hard to argue against the Reid tree. Pace even pointed to it as another reason he liked Nagy. But itís impossible for everyone youíve mentored to be successful. Despite not winning a SB, I still think Reid is one of the best coaches in the league. Sure, you could knock him for it if you want, but I donít see it that way. Heís consistently coaching winning teams, being innovative, and obviously is a great teacher. Give me Reid any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/jreidnfl/status/...106190849?s=21

Heís always been regarded as a great QB coach. This is the perfect role for him. While I wasnít initially excited about the OC hire, thereís little doubt that this is a better offensive staff than last year. Now, they still need to go out and get results, and that will require big time improvement with the QB, OL, TEs, and Nagy. As well as Pace plugging in better players at those spots. Flip is probably the best QB coach in the league, and Lazor, is basically assuredly a better OC than Helfrich. Bears need to 100% fix the OL and TE group, and then find a better contingency QB than Daniel.

Donít be surprised guys, Mitch is going to get another shot. Especially with Flip and (hopefully) improved offensive personnel. I donít think heíll have a long leash though. If the offense isnít cooking with gasoline by game 3/4, I think Mitch is done. Whether they bring in Keenum, Dalton, mariota, whoever - I donít see Mitch getting more than a quarter of the season if the offense is still struggling.

This is a good hire, if this doesn't ignite the spark in Trubisky, nothing will and we will be picking QB with our Round 1 pick in 2021 draft...

I guess the concern or question for me is are they doing this because they think Mitch can be fixed?

I think that ship has sailed.

If they're doing this with the idea of acquiring another QB, then great. Pretty easy to connect the dots to Nick Foles in that case since he's worked with all three of Nagy, Lazor, and DeFilippo.
    If Trubisky is the hill this regime wants to die on, then let them. To me, the only way Nagy/Pace/Trubisky stays in Chicago past 2020 is if the Bears make the NFC Championship, otherwise, I think they will gone.
    Screw sabermetics.