Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 274 of 415 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 6221
  1. #4096
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Lol...let them have their fun. It is pretty funny if you think about....the bears could have had the future Goat but ended up with Mitch Trubisky. You canít be any more Bears than that lol.
    It is kind of funny if you look at the fact that the Bears have never really in their history had one elite QB, then it starts to get sad when you realize you have to watch this ****show year in and year out, but it's like a cheap horror movie, I can't stop watching lol

  2. #4097
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,044
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Yeah, hardest of hard passes on Winston.
    Winston is just as much a waste of time as Mitch and Mariota are.

  3. #4098
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    68
    The more I think about it, I don't really see the point in overpaying for these qbs regarding a contract that lasts any length of time, Dalton, Winston, Mariota, Rivers, and Bridgewater are not the answer, Tannehill is going to command too much, same most likely for brady(although I believe he would get destroyed behind this line), best bet is just to sign Keenum and hope Mitch can turn it around, free agency is very rarely a good way to improve at the QB position without regretting it or overpaying.

  4. #4099
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Daktothefuture View Post
    The more I think about it, I don't really see the point in overpaying for these qbs regarding a contract that lasts any length of time, Dalton, Winston, Mariota, Rivers, and Bridgewater are not the answer, Tannehill is going to command too much, same most likely for brady(although I believe he would get destroyed behind this line), best bet is just to sign Keenum and hope Mitch can turn it around, free agency is very rarely a good way to improve at the QB position without regretting it or overpaying.
    Yeah, I donít get the point of spending a lot of money on a band aid. The name of the game is Super Bowls and spending a ton of money on a band aid / stop gap QB that doesnít make you a super bowl contender doesnít make much sense. Go for keenum and then take another crack at drafting a QB in 2021.

    Iíd be on board with rivers but I doubt he would come here. If heís open to it, and his contract demands arenít crazy, give it a go. Bears have a ton of holes to fill though, and if they canít drastically improve their run game and TE position, not sure investing a ton of cap in rivers is very smart either.

  5. #4100
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,790
    I feel like people are confusing me wanting to take a chance with upside (Cam, even winston despite him sucking lol) vs thinking they are more than a stop gap.

    I'm looking at age and peak of performance. That's it. Cam isn't old, but he plays old. If you put a gun to my head, he'll never return to form.

    But if he even kind of did, he's definitely more than a band aid. That's all I'm saying.

    (i don't care, i know you hate him and don't want him )



    Jameis...I won't defend that. I know he sucks. But 33 td's and 5k yards, is that truly due to having Mike Evans and Godwin? Maybe. He was terrible this year but it's just such insane production lol.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  6. #4101
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,903
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I feel like people are confusing me wanting to take a chance with upside (Cam, even winston despite him sucking lol) vs thinking they are more than a stop gap.

    I'm looking at age and peak of performance. That's it. Cam isn't old, but he plays old. If you put a gun to my head, he'll never return to form.

    But if he even kind of did, he's definitely more than a band aid. That's all I'm saying.

    (i don't care, i know you hate him and don't want him )



    Jameis...I won't defend that. I know he sucks. But 33 td's and 5k yards, is that truly due to having Mike Evans and Godwin? Maybe. He was terrible this year but it's just such insane production lol.
    Nah, Cam is a band aid. He's not winning this team a Super Bowl and if you poll NFL Executives, I doubt very many would say they feel Cam is a Super Bowl caliber type QB.

    It's also prudent to mention that the Bears defense likely takes a step back next season. Bears most likely lose Prince, one or both of Kwit/Trevathan, and they could conceivably get worse at S and potentially even OLB. Floyd may not be a great rusher, but he's a good overall player. If they part ways with him, there's no guarantee his replacement makes the team better or that they have as much overall impact than Floyd.

    Hicks coming back will help, but the Bears will have some pretty big question marks in the middle and back end of their defense.

    Whatever the Bears do, they absolutely have to make sure they improve their run game and TE corp. An offense that can't run block to save their life, and one that doesn't have a legit NFL caliber starting TE, isn't much of an offense to begin with. I really think next season is just a year that you make those necessary changes, don't fall into the trap of overpaying for mediocrity at QB, and you still could compete for the playoffs. They went 8-8 in an absolute nightmare season filled with regression and bad breaks. I think Keenum really is the perfect choice, assuming he'll be cheap. Re-tool in 2021 and go all in trying to draft a QB. OR...you don't sign a vet and you draft someone in round 2 to develop and compete with Tribusky. If the consensus is the Bears aren't winning a Super Bowl regardless next year, I don't hate this play assuming there's someone that Nagy and Co. like.

  7. #4102
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,790
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Nah, Cam is a band aid. He's not winning this team a Super Bowl and if you poll NFL Executives, I doubt very many would say they feel Cam is a Super Bowl caliber type QB.

    It's also prudent to mention that the Bears defense likely takes a step back next season. Bears most likely lose Prince, one or both of Kwit/Trevathan, and they could conceivably get worse at S and potentially even OLB. Floyd may not be a great rusher, but he's a good overall player. If they part ways with him, there's no guarantee his replacement makes the team better or that they have as much overall impact than Floyd.

    Hicks coming back will help, but the Bears will have some pretty big question marks in the middle and back end of their defense.

    Whatever the Bears do, they absolutely have to make sure they improve their run game and TE corp. An offense that can't run block to save their life, and one that doesn't have a legit NFL caliber starting TE, isn't much of an offense to begin with. I really think next season is just a year that you make those necessary changes, don't fall into the trap of overpaying for mediocrity at QB, and you still could compete for the playoffs. They went 8-8 in an absolute nightmare season filled with regression and bad breaks. I think Keenum really is the perfect choice, assuming he'll be cheap. Re-tool in 2021 and go all in trying to draft a QB. OR...you don't sign a vet and you draft someone in round 2 to develop and compete with Tribusky. If the consensus is the Bears aren't winning a Super Bowl regardless next year, I don't hate this play assuming there's someone that Nagy and Co. like.
    That's what I'm saying lol. I'm saying it's likely he is a bandaid. My point is I don't believe its guaranteed that a healthy Cam can't be a great or very good player again.

    Tannehill was a super bowl quality qb this year. Jimmy g was. I believe Cam can carry an offense at a higher level than those two guys if he stays healthy.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  8. #4103
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,903
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    That's what I'm saying lol. I'm saying it's likely he is a bandaid. My point is I don't believe its guaranteed that a healthy Cam can't be a great or very good player again.

    Tannehill was a super bowl quality qb this year. Jimmy g was. I believe Cam can carry an offense at a higher level than those two guys if he stays healthy.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I don't see it but miracles happen. I also wouldn't label Tanny and JG Super Bowl level QBs. They both looked exposed in the playoffs when they had to make plays. Granted, they didn't play poorly but when there was a play that needed to be made, they couldn't get it done. When Shanny drew up a play late in the 4th that got a man wide open down field JG over threw him and it cost them the game. Wasn't the only overthrow or bad pass by him either that game, and he isn't asked to do very much either. They are a heavy run team that utilizes play action by a great play caller. Take away the run game and play action passing opportunities, and JG is nowhere near a Super Bowl caliber QB. Tanny was also aided by a very similar recipe, but I believe he's a better deep ball passer and better passer overall. Either way, Tanny likely isn't available and at the end of the day, if he doesn't have a dominant run game, he's not going to look nearly as good as he did. Better than Trubisky? Sure, but still not a guy who's bringing a Super Bowl to Chicago.
    Last edited by KG2TB; 02-10-2020 at 08:47 PM.

  9. #4104
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,044
    I'll put it out there- Cam isn't really high on my list either.

  10. #4105
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,044
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_lz...ture=emb_title

    Good rebuttle to the "Leno sucks" crowd.

  11. #4106
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,790
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I don't see it but miracles happen. I also wouldn't label Tanny and JG Super Bowl level QBs. They both looked exposed in the playoffs when they had to make plays. Granted, they didn't play poorly but when there was a play that needed to be made, they couldn't get it done. When Shanny drew up a play late in the 4th that got a man wide open down field JG over threw him and it cost them the game. Wasn't the only overthrow or bad pass by him either that game, and he isn't asked to do very much either. They are a heavy run team that utilizes play action by a great play caller. Take away the run game and play action passing opportunities, and JG is nowhere near a Super Bowl caliber QB. Tanny was also aided by a very similar recipe, but I believe he's a better deep ball passer and better passer overall. Either way, Tanny likely isn't available and at the end of the day, if he doesn't have a dominant run game, he's not going to look nearly as good as he did. Better than Trubisky? Sure, but still not a guy who's bringing a Super Bowl to Chicago.
    I agree with what you're saying. They were exposed. I think all we need is that level of player though- a healthy mack and hicks will make our defense top 5 at the worst.

    I can't imagine Leno not having a rebound year either.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  12. #4107
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    69,604
    Tennessee just didn't ask Tannehill to throw it much. They leaned on Henry, maybe too much. Tannehill was still deadly on PA, like he was all season.

    He'll be costly, but he'd be my top choice if they let him walk.

  13. #4108
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,903
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Tennessee just didn't ask Tannehill to throw it much. They leaned on Henry, maybe too much. Tannehill was still deadly on PA, like he was all season.

    He'll be costly, but he'd be my top choice if they let him walk.
    Iíd like Tanny but wouldnít break the bank for him. How much would you feel comfortable paying him?

  14. #4109
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    69,604
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iíd like Tanny but wouldnít break the bank for him. How much would you feel comfortable paying him?
    Whatever his market value ends up being. The QB market is deeper than it's ever been, so not all these guys are getting $30M AAV deals.

  15. #4110
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,790
    Rivers is officially a free agent. I don't see any chance he joins Tampa. He'll join a team with an elite defense.



    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •