Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 400 of 463 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 6940
    Aaron Rodgers did the same thing (not jumping on the ball) in the NFCC yet nobody blows that out of proportion.

It was always a stupid thing to hold over Cam, or anyone.

Right or wrong Cam Newton earned a reputation in college that was not a good one. I don't remember what he did.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Cam Newton has never been a "good QB", he has been a great athlete that played the position. And if Newton does not have the athleticism he once had (and it appears he doesn't), then he is pretty much a mediocre option at QB. I much rather have Noles.
    Screw sabermetics.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Cam Newton has never been a "good QB", he has been a great athlete that played the position. And if Newton does not have the athleticism he once had (and it appears he doesn't), then he is pretty much a mediocre option at QB. I much rather have Noles.
    Id change "Athlete" to "Football player" but i agree U don't pay your QB to play RB. if so Tebow would still be in the nfl. but thats really what cam strives at. And the problem is nobody wants to realize if Cam was a RB 30 Years old would be considered past his prime. He has taken soo many hits over the years too.

Its better to just stay away.

FWIW though i would take Winston. I know we had the debate in Mitch vs a backup But if u could get Winston for that money I would probably so it.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Right or wrong Cam Newton earned a reputation in college that was not a good one. I don't remember what he did.
    He was caught cheating and bought a stolen computer when he was at Florida. That's why he transferred to Auburn, he was on the verge of expulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Aaron Rodgers did the same thing (not jumping on the ball) in the NFCC yet nobody blows that out of proportion.

It was always a stupid thing to hold over Cam, or anyone.
    Hahahaha...

I think you need to rewatch both videos of those fumbles. Seriously, because there's not even a remote chance that they're the same.

I hate Rodgers, but he handed the ball off and was going away from the fumble....Cam literally pulled up from falling on it...his feet almost touched the ball and he jumped back.

It's not a stupid thing to hold over Cam. It shows his true competitive nature. He literally tried to avoid the ball.
    Last edited by I don't care.; 03-25-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Rodgers:

https://www.49ers.com/video/49ers-de...c-championship

sCam:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=a...9.NGLrl1xQ6YA#

Nobody can argue that these fumbles are the same with a straight face....sorry you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    He was caught cheating and bought a stolen computer when he was at Florida. That's why he transferred to Auburn, he was on the verge of expulsion.
    He didn't buy it, he STOLE it and was charged with felony counts of burglary, larceny and obstructing justice.

He took a plea deal and the charges were dropped.

FACT.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/107949812
    Last edited by I don't care.; 03-25-2020 at 02:08 AM.

it's really weird to have the energy to repeatedly call a dude "scam" in every single post you make about him, and to obsessively focus on about one single miscue that has very little to do with being a successful quarterback in the nfl

i'm pretty sure cam is cooked so i'm not too torn up about the bears passing on him, but when he was healthy he was an mvp-caliber quarterback who you could build an offense around. if you were at all optimistic about him recovering he would hands-down be a better option than nick foles

his issues have nothing to do with his personality or his quality as a teammate or his Will To Win. sometimes a guy is just broken down

also lmao at "not everything is racially motivated, especially in sports"

the national football league, the organization famous for having zero high-profile race-related issues in recent memory

Quote Originally Posted by nomorezorro View Post
    it's really weird to have the energy to repeatedly call a dude "scam" in every single post you make about him, and to obsessively focus on about one single miscue that has very little to do with being a successful quarterback in the nfl

i'm pretty sure cam is cooked so i'm not too torn up about the bears passing on him, but when he was healthy he was an mvp-caliber quarterback who you could build an offense around. if you were at all optimistic about him recovering he would hands-down be a better option than nick foles

his issues have nothing to do with his personality or his quality as a teammate or his Will To Win. sometimes a guy is just broken down
    Fine, I won't call him sCam if it makes you feel better.

But I think that "miscue" was pretty damaging for a 250 lb athlete playing in the most important game of his life.

2020 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nomorezorro View Post

He had one MVP season. Thereís a lot of people who like to talk about outliers in here. Well, that was definitely an outlier when looking at his career. The rest of his career heís been average to below average. Mostly below average. Even during his MVP season, he wasnít a good passer.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    He had one MVP season. Thereís a lot of people who like to talk about outliers in here. Well, that was definitely an outlier when looking at his career. The rest of his career heís been average to below average. Mostly below average. Even during his MVP season, he wasnít a good passer.
    I have to assume you're referring to me in this. I wouldn't disagree that his MVP season was a bit of an outlier. It's definitely his best season, but I don't think it's at all comparable to all the Mitch talk that I don't care to get back into. Cam has never been a great passer, with that I agree, but I think overall, he was an above average QB during most his career, especially when you take into account his running. I do take it you're only referring to his passing ability here, as opposed to his overall play, yes?

Lol. The Cam fumble and the Rodgers fumble are completely different. As quick as that moment happened really showed a lot of who Cam really is just like a moment on the street where something bad happens can reveal the true makeup of a persons courage.

That fumble showed me Cam is not willing to give his all for his team with the biggest game on the line. If he pulls back and hesitates for the biggest game in his career more than likely he will pull back and hesitate for the little things in his day to day life which will hinder him from becoming great which is why his whole career he has shown massive potential but never has been able to reach that.

Does Cam have potential to be a great QB? Yes
    Will he ever reach that potential or even come close to reaching it? Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I have to assume you're referring to me in this. I wouldn't disagree that his MVP season was a bit of an outlier. It's definitely his best season, but I don't think it's at all comparable to all the Mitch talk that I don't care to get back into. Cam has never been a great passer, with that I agree, but I think overall, he was an above average QB during most his career, especially when you take into account his running. I do take it you're only referring to his passing ability here, as opposed to his overall play, yes?
    I wasnít really referring to anyone in particular and Iím not comparing him to Mitch at all. Iím just saying, when people talk about his MVP season 5 years ago, itís definitely an outlier.

And yes, I am mainly talking about his passing ability. Nagy wants to pass it. Cam has never been a good passer. Heís been an overall average-ish QB reliant on his athleticism and size. He has a career 86 rating. I think he was always a bad fit here with what Nagy wants to do, which is sling it. Nagy isnít a guy who wants to pound it in the ground or have his QB run.