Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 402 of 455 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 6815
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinRuHood View Post
    Seahawk fans call him False start Eddie. He’s pretty worthless.

There was players available with better floors and ceiling. Off the top of my head, Daryl Williams or Cameron Erving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cost though... Look i get it with the false starts. But honestly He is 25 and could still develop.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I think its kinda funny how many people fawn over cam yet the Panthers could not even find a trade partner. Meanwhile we know at least the colts were willing to trade for Foles. And I think this may have been b4 signing Rivers. (honestly wonder if they prefered Foles to Rivers?)

Anyway i will say I kinda calles the WINSTON HOMELESS DEAL. i honestly wasnt sure who was going to pay him and it seems like the NFL leading passer is without a home.

But i never imagined that Cam Winston and Dalton all would be kinda sitting out there. Yes dalton is still rostered but i bet they take anything for him at this point.

-Rem Koolhaas

its more surprising these guys sit with teams like the Chargers and Patriots without a QB

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Thats depressing.

-Rem Koolhaas

2020 Offseason Thread

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profil...edi?id=2555395

Looks like he prob should have been a guard than a tackle to begin with. Hopefully can become average or slightly above at RG.

Ifedi's build screams "NFL offensive lineman." He's started the past three seasons for the Aggies, starting out as a Freshman All-American right guard blocking for Johnny Manziel the year after the star quarterback won his Heisman Trophy. The following season he moved to right tackle, starting 11 games while missing two due to a sprained MCL. It was hoped that Ifedi could take over the left tackle position in 2015 after the departure of Cedric Ogbuehi to the NFL, but he instead stayed on the right side. Ifedi was named second team All-SEC by league coaches for his work last year. Instead of returning to the Aggies for 2016, he decided to join his brother Martin (who starred as a defensive lineman at Memphis) in the National Football League.

PICK ANALYSIS:
    "He was announced as a tackle, but some people like him inside at guard. He's massive and powerful, but I question his technique. He's a bit of a waist-bender. Whether he plays tackle or guard, he will be coached by one of the best in the business in Tom Cable. This is a really good pick for a team that needs offensive linemen." -- Mike Mayock

ALYSIS
    Strengths
    Outstanding length and overall mass. Has played guard and tackle and has ability to play either as a pro. Has athleticism to protect edge as a tackle and can step and catch late or sudden bursts inside. Good hand strength with ability to latch and lock *up pass rushers when he lands punch inside the frame. At his best when getting on top of pass rushers with quick*-sets. Has reactive athleticism to respond to twists and blitzes. Uses length and foot quickness to open recovery doors that might slam on other linemen. Flashes hip explosion to torque defenders out of the hole as a run blocker. Has body control and change of direction talent to be a successful second level blocker. Nastier play demeanor than former Aggie tackle, Cedric Ogbuehi.
    Weaknesses
    Offensive scheme limited ability to fire out. Tries to snatch with hands and hang on rather than securing blocks with leg drive. Inconsistent depth of pass sets opens up edge. Timing of combo blocks needs work. Gets in a hurry and doesn't always get first block secured. Uses more of a kick *stomp than fluid kick* slide. High pad level on down blocks limits leg drive to secure. Passive vertical pass sets allow easy pocket squeeze. Needs to eliminate habit of leaning into blocks. Too content to stalemate rather than dominate. Patience and discipline is a problem in pass protection. Lunges rather than letting the rep come to him.
    Draft Projection
    Round 2
    Sources Tell Us
    "I think he should have gone back (to school). I like the talent, but he didn't put it together like I needed to see to give him a first two-round grade. I see him as a guard and not a tackle." -- NFC area scout
    NFL Comparison
    Billy Turner
    Bottom Line
    It wasn't long ago scouts were beating up former Texas A&M tackle Cedric Ogbuehi about a disappointing season before he went 21st overall in the draft even with a torn ACL. NFL scouts see Ifedi as a guard, but a team may decide to try him at tackle before moving him inside. Ifedi has the tools and traits to become a good NFL offensive linemen if he can avoid the leaning and lunging that plagues him. A move inside combined with NFL coaching could unlock Ifedi's high ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nomorezorro View Post
    yeah it says he looked irreparably broken the last time he played football

i don't have any qualms with people who think newton is cooked or who are skeptical about the long-term prospects of a banged-up 30+ year-old qb who derived a lot of his value from his running ability. i just think its incredibly silly to suggest a guy who led his team to a super bowl is a toxic teammate the bears should be avoiding for personality reasons.

(i also think there's a conversation to be had about the quality of nagy's system if he legitimately needs a "guy who can sling it" and couldn't make use of a talented mobile qb who lacked ideal passing skills. you gotta find a way to make talent work)
    I do have questions about Nagy and his adaptability, but the fact of the matter is Cam is still unemployed and the Panthers dumped him for Bridgewater. I’m not sure how much athleticism Cam still has, but make no mistake about it, whoever ends up with him, will definitely have to adjust their offense when/if Cam plays. I just think it’s quite likely his best days are behind him.

yeah that's totally fair

I said all along that I get why (most) people don't like Cam, but I would have taken that swing on upside alone. He very well could be cooked.

I'm happy with Foles anyway, so it's not a big deal. I do think it's worth pointing out though that Pace could be a bit more patient in letting the market develop.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-25-2020 at 07:54 PM.

https://youtu.be/YS_N2PtQXwg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I wonder if this means Mitch is traded soon.

Not sure what the bears are at cap wise but still hoping for Suggs. He’d be the perfect 3rd OLB, IMO. Has ties with pagano as well.

I agree with DG - If there’s not a talent like Reagor available, trade down in the 2nd. Preferably both picks. Bears could potentially have a number of picks if things align correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    I wonder if this means Mitch is traded soon.
    Its probably our 3rd QB and will remain on the PS in case of injury. Truth is having a guy who knows the system has some value. A late round rok may or may not be any good and may take some time learning the system. Bray has zero impact on Mitch IMO and still personally doubt he makes the roster.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Not sure what the bears are at cap wise but still hoping for Suggs. He’d be the perfect 3rd OLB, IMO. Has ties with pagano as well.

I agree with DG - If there’s not a talent like Reagor available, trade down in the 2nd. Preferably both picks. Bears could potentially have a number of picks if things align correctly.
    We did sign Mingo and honestly im fine with him. I think he will be surprisingly close to Floyd for us and thats off the bench

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    We did sign Mingo and honestly im fine with him. I think he will be surprisingly close to Floyd for us and thats off the bench
    Pretty sure Mingos career high in sacks is 2. I’m not remotely comfortable with him as the 3rd OLB. I like Mingo as a ST player, and depth piece. A guy who ideally plays minimal snaps. I just really like the idea of Suggs on a cheap one year deal.