Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 391 of 455 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 6815
    if you can somehow get actual draft value for him, sure, trade him. if $2m is somehow going to be make or break for signing an impact player, same thing.

but otherwise, there's no reason to downgrade at backup QB just to get a conditional 7th round pick and the peace of mind the team absolutely won't start mitch trubisky next season

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    But me posting that teddy bit was me actually saying that’s why I don’t think Foles is being given the starting job . I think they actually want to try and push Mitch and let him work with the new coaches. Yea they prob shopped him which is what they should have done if somebody was given you anything decent but the best plan is still if nobody is giving you a good deal is to let Mitch battle it out. I see no upside to ditching him for a 7 then giving away lil cap that was gonna be replaced by a backup QB that’s not going to be here. Mitch possibly is a late bloomer he has work to do but he’s also shown flashes . This is really his last chance to be a starter in the league so there’s no really bigger pressure than this to see if he responds some people need that to strive . Foles excels more as a great backup to come in the season than starting from week 1 based on his career. Nick basically betting on himself with this restructuring of his contract he’s looking to compete than being handed a job . This situation will be handled like the Titans than some of you want to realize .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I can buy into this thought, very easily.

I've hoped that Mitch would turn things around and I was a huge supporter last season...until the last few games. He really needed to show an improvement, and he didn't.

If Foles draws the best out of Mitch, great. If he doesn't, back to the drawing board and look for the next QB.

"If Mitch has to play, the season is already over."

^
    These are the kind of statements that make the Mitch debate continuous. How can you say if Mitch plays the season is over when Mitch took us to the playoffs in 2018 and also lets not forget had a game winning drive until Parkey missed an easy FG.

Also again in 2019 Mitch gets hurt but still we almost make it again to the playoffs but again our Kicker misses an easy FG (Chargers gm) that Mitch once again had the gm winning drive but Pinero misses the kick. Also the Raiders game where the guy runs into the kicker. Again Mitch is playing hurt most of the season and cannot scramble.

With Quinn added on D opposite Mack we have a very good chance to "easily" make the playoffs with Mitch as the starter this year. Mitch is not as bad as people on here are making him out to be. I've read this forum for over 5 years and never seen a QB hated as much as Mitch it's pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
    "If Mitch has to play, the season is already over."

^
    These are the kind of statements that make the Mitch debate continuous. How can you say if Mitch plays the season is over when Mitch took us to the playoffs in 2018 and also lets not forget had a game winning drive until Parkey missed an easy FG.

Also again in 2019 Mitch gets hurt but still we almost make it again to the playoffs but again our Kicker misses an easy FG (Chargers gm) that Mitch once again had the gm winning drive but Pinero misses the kick. Also the Raiders game where the guy runs into the kicker. Again Mitch is playing hurt most of the season and cannot scramble.

With Quinn added on D opposite Mack we have a very good chance to "easily" make the playoffs with Mitch as the starter this year. Mitch is not as bad as people on here are making him out to be. I've read this forum for over 5 years and never seen a QB hated as much as Mitch it's pretty crazy.
    Rex Grossman went to the Superbowl with an elite defense.

Mitch is just as bad as everyone here is making him out to be. He is pretty easily one of the worst starting QBs the last couple years. If it wasn't for a great defense, this team would have sucked the last couple.

You want to bank on the defense getting us to the playoffs, I do too. But I also want to have a chance to win in the playoffs. And you need better than garbage QB play.

Name 1 backup that will save us money that can step in and run Nagy's offense better than Mitch on day 1?

There is no backup QB available that knows Nagy's system better than Mitch that is available. People seem to underestimate the importance of a QB that already knows the system.
    When you look at last years offense, where it ranked, the QB play, its pretty obvious that Trubisky can’t run Nagy’s offense well. I would take a more cerebral QB with zero experience in Nagy’s “system” over a guy who has already proven he can’t do it with any consistent success.

"Rex Grossman went to the Superbowl with an elite defense."

^

Rex Grossman also had a very good OL and very good run game that year with an elite D. 2018 we were 12-4. Mitch should have won his first playoff game with a great gm winning drive with perfect clutch passes to Arob but this is quickly forgotten due to Parkey's missed FG.

Again in 2019 we could have went to the playoffs last year if Nagy trusted Pinero. There were at least 4 times where Nagy goes for it on 4-10 since he doesn't trust his kicker. Let's also not forget Pinero causing us to lose the Chargers game. We easily could have been 10-5 just by having a better kicker and this is with Hicks and Trevethan injured and Mitch playing with an injured shoulder and on top of that the OL playing horrible with zero run game.

Anyways this is like beating a dead horse. There's some here that believe Mitch is the worst QB the Bears ever had and there are some that still believe in him. I think he can right the ship and be at least an average to above average QB. The question is will it be with the Bears or with another team. I'm betting on the later.

^

Rex Grossman also had a very good OL and very good run game that year with an elite D. 2018 we were 12-4. Mitch should have won his first playoff game with a great gm winning drive with perfect clutch passes to Arob but this is quickly forgotten due to Parkey's missed FG.

Again in 2019 we could have went to the playoffs last year if Nagy trusted Pinero. There were at least 4 times where Nagy goes for it on 4-10 since he doesn't trust his kicker. Let's also not forget Pinero causing us to lose the Chargers game. We easily could have been 10-5 just by having a better kicker and this is with Hicks and Trevethan injured and Mitch playing with an injured shoulder and on top of that the OL playing horrible with zero run game.

Anyways this is like beating a dead horse. There's some here that believe Mitch is the worst QB the Bears ever had and there are some that still believe in him. I think he can right the ship and be at least an average to above average QB. The question is will it be with the Bears or with another team. I'm betting on the later.
    Mitch had a very good Oline, run game, and elite defense when we were in the playoffs. It's not like he was good that game until the final drive. We scored 15 points, should have been 18 without the miss. Either way, not good enough.

2019 we could have gone to the playoffs if he trusted Piniero? Seriously? You think Piniero potentially making 4 50+ yard field goals would put us in the playoffs and exonerate Mitch for being awful all year? Ever think about how much better the defense would be if the offense could keep them off the field? If we they had decent starting field position instead of punting on 3 and outs all game?

I don't think he's the worst Bears QB ever, our history is too rich with QB fails. He's just awful when compared to 95% of other starters in the league the last 4 years.

^

That's fine. You have absolutely nothing to base your opinion on though. We (people who don't believe in Mitch) have plenty of evidence to suggest he's a terrible QB. Now like you said, stop beating a dead horse and move on.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It's an unnecessary distraction. Teams like to avoid that. Nagy shouldn't be forced to put him back out there if Foles gets hurt.

Every single player I listed played on a contract for less than $2M last season. Just because an outlier like Chase Daniel keeps getting silly money doesn't mean every backup QB will.

He can be the backup. I don't see the point in keeping a $9M backup, among other reasons we've already gone over.

Uh, no ****?

If you're moving on for the sake of cap space, then it does make sense. You contradicted yourself in the same sentence there.

And this last line. Please elaborate on the DOWNSIDE of having Mitch backup Foles.
    I'm taking about Mitch's floor, which is really, really low.

Cool.

I genuinely don't care if he's still here. I just don't want him to ever start another game for the Bears.

If you can't comprehend why I don't want him starting, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

You're just kinda rambling here, but I wasn't suggesting that Mitch himself would be a distraction. His presence on the roster, a pointless "competition", a coach that doesn't believe in him, and maybe having to rely on him if Foles gets hurt... just cut the cord already.

I never said Foles would have or be a distraction.

We can move on from this. I've made my point. You've made yours. No point in continuing it.
    They all also suck. for all this talk we cant afford to tank a season with this defense your willing to run Hot garbage out behind foles who is coming off an injury and injury prone. It makes no sense. especially when the caliber of guys you list is literally garbage.

But your only saving 4.5. And acording to rumors nobody would take him either so u may have to eat more just to get rid of him. AND LETS BE REAL YOU HAVE TO SIGN SOMEBODY PROVEN when Foles has an injury history. Likely it would end up being a guy like Matt Moore who at least is familiar with the system. And IF Foles goes down your really OK handing over the reigns to a Matt more to salvage the season. Thats rediculous to me. Im sorry but if Foles goes down in the first few weeks like last year you shoot the season The defensive upgrades are wasted. And every player gets a year closer to declining. even if foles could return after say a 6 game absence. All in the line to save 3 mil maybe?

You know who elses floor is really really low. Every person you listed as cheap options as a backup QB. Your not signing anyone who can play for 2 mil. Thats obvious. So why not just stick with Mitch who can at least show some flashes and maybe win you 50% of your games.

My point is basically proven here. So even if Mitch improves... the coaching staff we brought in gets through to him. and he beats out foles. (not saying anything is likley to happen) You would rather not to see him start another game. Its a witchhunt with you man. You just dont like the guy. To an Irrational point is mainly what im trying to get at. You dont trade Mitch because u dont want to see him start again.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/s...564371968?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol. There really is no argument in regards to trading Mitch only to save 2M. Even if Foles was given the starting job why would you get rid of a really great backup QB that has been in the system for 2 years only to save 2M when you know your starting QB is very injury prone. Makes zero sense.

It is common sense to keep someone like Mitch as at least a back for 2020 since your starting QB is made of glass and I like Foles.

Keep Mitch and let him compete for the starting job. Mitch is no where near as bad as people on here make him out to be. I watched all his games. He's actually quite average with upside if he starts believing in himself more and stops acting so anxious. Honestly I think he would flourish if he was drafted by KC.

This is not really his 4th year. 2020 starts the beginning of his 3rd year. The Fox year does not count in my opinion.

Pace would be an idiot to trade Mitch for a 7th. He first needs to due diligence and see if Mitch turns it around. I think there is a chance he still does. Can easily see Fole's getting hurt and Mitch stepping in and balling and if he doesn't at least we can sleep good at night knowing he will not get picked up by a team like the Patriots and turn out good. If he sucks our future QB is not Foles anyways it will be in the 2021 draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Doesn't make sense to trade Mitch when you're barely saving any money. After you sign your backup QB and pay the player you draft in the seventh, he'll count against this years cap too, you'll gain 1-2 mill at most. Assuming Foles beats him out, Mitch with his years in the system should be miles better than any cheap backup you'd get with no reps/off season. Mitch leaves next year, we get a comp pick anyway, right?

And there's at least the chance that Mitch puts it all together, he has the physicals. Taking one last shot at your first round pick QB, plus having a way more familiar back up, is worth a couple of mill.

Bears can probably trade one of those seconds for two fourths, or a third and fourth if somebody is desperate to get somebody at that spot, and you know they'll be using at least one of next years picks this year, could be Paces last chance. They'll be drafting at least 2, maybe 3 more people than we have picks right now. Trade Cohen for a vet O-line guy or strong safety, draft a couple of linemen and linebackers, speed receiver to play across form Robinson. Draft a QB late, do your research. Draft a bruising back.
    Name 1 backup that will save us money that can step in and run Nagy's offense better than Mitch on day 1?

There is no backup QB available that knows Nagy's system better than Mitch that is available. People seem to underestimate the importance of a QB that already knows the system.
    Baically all im getting at. There is no reason to do so. If you could dump all of mitch's salary. save nearly 10 mil. I get it. YOu could probably get a backup for 3-5 that is reasonable. use the rest on another position. But the idea to Ditch him for 4.5..... Only to have to spend 2 mil to get a backup. What do we really think we are doing to improve with that 2 mil. Honestly if you want money. restructure mack or extend Robinson. Both free up way more money.

And Who knows. Maybe Mitch can prove some of the people in here wrong. He has shown flashes. Consistancy is the issue. Maybe this drives him. Maybe he bottoms out. But its not worth the hastle to find a backup quality QB for such little reward in cap space.

-Rem Koolhaas

Trying to get off of this topic. I dont want them but any interest in Gurley or Gordon.

personally I still think its the OL..... But maybe im wrong.

-Rem Koolhaas

Soooo. I know with this virus BS I dont know what to expect with this draft situation. I mean we cant conduct visits right???? so its very strange.

2 things though

1) I guess we had Josh Jones in for a top 30 visit.

2) Logan Sternberg is low key one of my favorite guards in this draft. He is one of the few I see Finishing people on consistant basis. Almost allways has somebody locked up in a block. not a big name but a guy I would keep an eye on.

-Rem Koolhaas

Cowboys agreed to terms with S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, formerly of the Bears.

The move comes two days after Jeff Heath departed for Las Vegas. Clinton-Dix had another low-key good season in 2019 and should immediately slide in as a starter for Mike Nolan's defense. Headed into what will be his age-28 campaign, Clinton-Dix has never missed a game with injury in his six-year career.
    Bye HaHa

He just didn't fit well next to Eddie. Good luck to him. I'm curious about where our comp picks stand now. I'm guessing it's about the same.