Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 390 of 455 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 6815
  1. #5836
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,683
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Very few QB's with such poor starts to their careers end up turning it around in their 4th year or later. Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders has pointed this out multiple times. The list of failures is much, much longer than success stories. Holding out hope that Mitch is going to turn it around, well, it's delusional at this point.

    As for the downside part, I was referring to Mitch's floor as a player. It's clearly a very, very low floor. Even with his few good games, he was still a bottom 3 QB last season.
    Bottom 3 in the NFL.... Thats still a High end ****ing backup man. As far as turning it around. Im not debating if he does or not. But your making the incomprehensible argument that we should ditch mitch (who at least has a slight chance to turn it around albiet slim) For a guy we ****ing know isnt going to be any good in the list of complete trash backups you provided. All to save what your callilng is big money in maybe 2 million???? You cant be serious. Your also willing to basically punt the season if Foles gets hurt because you want to save 2 ****ing million.

    Im seriously starting to think this is a Nick foles Burner acount he created to try and make sure he gets the starting job. Its almost like your scared mitch might actually beat him out. Your desperate need to make sure Mitch is hated is sad and pathetic. Let your guy win beat him out then. that 2 mil (which wont be 2 mil it will be more because you have to sign somebody capable with Foles injury history) isnt making any significant impact on this roster.

    that 2 mil would be better spent keeping Mitch who can at least carry a .500 record with this team if Foles potentially gets hurt.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  2. #5837
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,683
    I mean seriously Damn It looks pathetic the way you want mitch gone. You would honestly take moriota who is just so much worse statistically just to make your point that you dont like mitch. Im honestly over this debate though.

    Trading Mitch to Save 4.5 mil means nothing when you have to replace him with a quality backup because of Foles Injury history.

    IF we had gotten somebody better.... like IDK Carr. Maybe i could get behind the idea of moving on because its clear Carr would be THE GUY. But Foles is not.

    This situation should be identical to the Tennessee one. And if Mitch cant handle the pressure and Foles is better. Fine.... I dont care.

    But honestly Moving on from a top pick b4 his contract is up out of... what seems to be pure spite his stupid. Its not going to be a move to save any money. Give him his shot. And ****. With how much backup QBs make. There is a chance that Mitch gets money in FA that turns into a comp pick.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  3. #5838
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    The Bears Have a field day on QBs no matter what. See Jay Cutler. Having or not having mitch. Nobody is going to argue if Foles takes over and has success. The only question that could happen is if he does and doesnt have success. which then the pivot back to mitch arguement in the media might come up. But honestly these distractions you talk about... What are they. The fact that Foles has to potentially have to deal with a QB in front of him like he did in Philly.
    It's an unnecessary distraction. Teams like to avoid that. Nagy shouldn't be forced to put him back out there if Foles gets hurt.
    The guys you listed.... Come on man. Your not getting somebody good as a backup for less than like 4 mil. (and honestly thats pushing it)
    Every single player I listed played on a contract for less than $2M last season. Just because an outlier like Chase Daniel keeps getting silly money doesn't mean every backup QB will.

    Its His 4th ****ing season man. 3rd in a real system. and Im not asking you to Comit any starts to him. This argument is simply the why cant mitch be the backup argument.
    He can be the backup. I don't see the point in keeping a $9M backup, among other reasons we've already gone over.
    Im going to let the players and coaches decide who starts.
    Uh, no ****?
    Im not arguing he is better than foles. But the only rational reason to move on is cap space and so it makes no sense to move on and be forced to find a replacement.
    If you're moving on for the sake of cap space, then it does make sense. You contradicted yourself in the same sentence there.

    And this last line. Please elaborate on the DOWNSIDE of having Mitch backup Foles.
    I'm taking about Mitch's floor, which is really, really low.
    I honestly think your being ridiculous.
    Cool.
    the idea that you want to get rid of mitch so bad is beyond comprehension.
    I genuinely don't care if he's still here. I just don't want him to ever start another game for the Bears.

    If you can't comprehend why I don't want him starting, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

    Honestly the only distraction i could see is on Mitch. With whispers of potentially loosing his job which you seem keen on anyway. Foles is going to have no real distractions.
    You're just kinda rambling here, but I wasn't suggesting that Mitch himself would be a distraction. His presence on the roster, a pointless "competition", a coach that doesn't believe in him, and maybe having to rely on him if Foles gets hurt... just cut the cord already.

    I never said Foles would have or be a distraction.

    We can move on from this. I've made my point. You've made yours. No point in continuing it.

  4. #5839
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Bottom 3 in the NFL.... Thats still a High end ****ing backup man. As far as turning it around. Im not debating if he does or not. But your making the incomprehensible argument that we should ditch mitch (who at least has a slight chance to turn it around albiet slim) For a guy we ****ing know isnt going to be any good in the list of complete trash backups you provided. All to save what your callilng is big money in maybe 2 million???? You cant be serious. Your also willing to basically punt the season if Foles gets hurt because you want to save 2 ****ing million.

    Im seriously starting to think this is a Nick foles Burner acount he created to try and make sure he gets the starting job. Its almost like your scared mitch might actually beat him out. Your desperate need to make sure Mitch is hated is sad and pathetic. Let your guy win beat him out then. that 2 mil (which wont be 2 mil it will be more because you have to sign somebody capable with Foles injury history) isnt making any significant impact on this roster.

    that 2 mil would be better spent keeping Mitch who can at least carry a .500 record with this team if Foles potentially gets hurt.
    I deleted this post and replied to yours.

  5. #5840
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I mean seriously Damn It looks pathetic the way you want mitch gone. You would honestly take moriota who is just so much worse statistically just to make your point that you dont like mitch. Im honestly over this debate though.

    Trading Mitch to Save 4.5 mil means nothing when you have to replace him with a quality backup because of Foles Injury history.

    IF we had gotten somebody better.... like IDK Carr. Maybe i could get behind the idea of moving on because its clear Carr would be THE GUY. But Foles is not.

    This situation should be identical to the Tennessee one. And if Mitch cant handle the pressure and Foles is better. Fine.... I dont care.

    But honestly Moving on from a top pick b4 his contract is up out of... what seems to be pure spite his stupid. Its not going to be a move to save any money. Give him his shot. And ****. With how much backup QBs make. There is a chance that Mitch gets money in FA that turns into a comp pick.
    Just move on dude. No point to it if you're just going to misinterpret everything I say and start calling me pathetic and making childish accusations. There's nothing being posted here that should upset anyone that much, lol.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-19-2020 at 06:20 PM.

  6. #5841
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,216
    Iíve been one of Mitchellís biggest defenders.

    Itís time to move on.

    Grab your crotches - itís Big Dick Nick time.

  7. #5842
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,168
    Doesn't make sense to trade Mitch when you're barely saving any money. After you sign your backup QB and pay the player you draft in the seventh, he'll count against this years cap too, you'll gain 1-2 mill at most. Assuming Foles beats him out, Mitch with his years in the system should be miles better than any cheap backup you'd get with no reps/off season. Mitch leaves next year, we get a comp pick anyway, right?

    And there's at least the chance that Mitch puts it all together, he has the physicals. Taking one last shot at your first round pick QB, plus having a way more familiar back up, is worth a couple of mill.

    Bears can probably trade one of those seconds for two fourths, or a third and fourth if somebody is desperate to get somebody at that spot, and you know they'll be using at least one of next years picks this year, could be Paces last chance. They'll be drafting at least 2, maybe 3 more people than we have picks right now. Trade Cohen for a vet O-line guy or strong safety, draft a couple of linemen and linebackers, speed receiver to play across form Robinson. Draft a QB late, do your research. Draft a bruising back.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 03-19-2020 at 07:35 PM.

  8. #5843
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,168
    Our o-line problems are a little exaggerated, too. We lost Long last year, Massie last year, moved Cody from center, when he moved back, we won like 4 of 5. Leno Jr. is solid, but we had so much movement in our o-line, people changing positions, it was ridiculous. Daniels looked a little better later. If we can sign/trade for one decent vet and draft a solid player, they should be fine. You're usually going to be weaker in one area than the other, but the Bears have a damn solid team on paper. This draft and the rest of free agency could flesh us out.

    Defense might be a little nastier even, replacing Floyd with Quinn and potentially moving Eddie Jackson back to FS if we sign or draft a strong safety, where Jackson can ball hawk.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 03-19-2020 at 07:29 PM.

  9. #5844
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    25
    Lol. There really is no argument in regards to trading Mitch only to save 2M. Even if Foles was given the starting job why would you get rid of a really great backup QB that has been in the system for 2 years only to save 2M when you know your starting QB is very injury prone. Makes zero sense.

    It is common sense to keep someone like Mitch as at least a back for 2020 since your starting QB is made of glass and I like Foles.

    Keep Mitch and let him compete for the starting job. Mitch is no where near as bad as people on here make him out to be. I watched all his games. He's actually quite average with upside if he starts believing in himself more and stops acting so anxious. Honestly I think he would flourish if he was drafted by KC.

    This is not really his 4th year. 2020 starts the beginning of his 3rd year. The Fox year does not count in my opinion.

    Pace would be an idiot to trade Mitch for a 7th. He first needs to due diligence and see if Mitch turns it around. I think there is a chance he still does. Can easily see Fole's getting hurt and Mitch stepping in and balling and if he doesn't at least we can sleep good at night knowing he will not get picked up by a team like the Patriots and turn out good. If he sucks our future QB is not Foles anyways it will be in the 2021 draft.

  10. #5845
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    13,001
    Quote Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
    Lol. There really is no argument in regards to trading Mitch only to save 2M. Even if Foles was given the starting job why would you get rid of a really great backup QB that has been in the system for 2 years only to save 2M when you know your starting QB is very injury prone. Makes zero sense.

    It is common sense to keep someone like Mitch as at least a back for 2020 since your starting QB is made of glass and I like Foles.

    Keep Mitch and let him compete for the starting job. Mitch is no where near as bad as people on here make him out to be. I watched all his games. He's actually quite average with upside if he starts believing in himself more and stops acting so anxious. Honestly I think he would flourish if he was drafted by KC.

    This is not really his 4th year. 2020 starts the beginning of his 3rd year. The Fox year does not count in my opinion.

    Pace would be an idiot to trade Mitch for a 7th. He first needs to due diligence and see if Mitch turns it around. I think there is a chance he still does. Can easily see Fole's getting hurt and Mitch stepping in and balling and if he doesn't at least we can sleep good at night knowing he will not get picked up by a team like the Patriots and turn out good. If he sucks our future QB is not Foles anyways it will be in the 2021 draft.
    Lol really great backup. He SUCKS in this system and sucks in general. That's why we get rid of him and save money.

  11. #5846
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    25
    Name 1 backup that will save us money that can step in and run Nagy's offense better than Mitch on day 1?

    There is no backup QB available that knows Nagy's system better than Mitch that is available. People seem to underestimate the importance of a QB that already knows the system.

  12. #5847
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Im watching videos of spring breakers in Florida. Confuses because Florida has a high % of older people too. and how their Govoner is jusr ignoring it.

    I don't see this going away Nice thing about China is if u dont listen they will just **** u up. People here are aarogant and have rights so they will continue to be idiots
    Yep so ridiculous. They're just putting vulnerable individuals at risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Good luck enforcing a national lockdown. Just look at the morons currently on Spring Break in Florida.
    Agreed, it'll be tough. This is gonna last a long time unless warm weather completely decimates it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Rumor is that the bears offered Teddy basically the same amount he got from Carolina but they wanted him to fight Mitch for the job and he said no thatís why he went to Car because the panthers were out on Cam


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don't blame him. Easy choice lol. Guaranteed spot over not.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  13. #5848
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    48,487
    But me posting that teddy bit was me actually saying thatís why I donít think Foles is being given the starting job . I think they actually want to try and push Mitch and let him work with the new coaches. Yea they prob shopped him which is what they should have done if somebody was given you anything decent but the best plan is still if nobody is giving you a good deal is to let Mitch battle it out. I see no upside to ditching him for a 7 then giving away lil cap that was gonna be replaced by a backup QB thatís not going to be here. Mitch possibly is a late bloomer he has work to do but heís also shown flashes . This is really his last chance to be a starter in the league so thereís no really bigger pressure than this to see if he responds some people need that to strive . Foles excels more as a great backup to come in the season than starting from week 1 based on his career. Nick basically betting on himself with this restructuring of his contract heís looking to compete than being handed a job . This situation will be handled like the Titans than some of you want to realize .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  14. #5849
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    13,001
    Quote Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
    Name 1 backup that will save us money that can step in and run Nagy's offense better than Mitch on day 1?

    There is no backup QB available that knows Nagy's system better than Mitch that is available. People seem to underestimate the importance of a QB that already knows the system.
    If Mitch has to play, the season is already over. I'm totally fine with having a rookie as Foles backup this year.

    Knowing the system doesn't mean **** if you can't execute it at a competent level.

  15. #5850
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    552
    mitch sucks, but he's gone 19-10 as a starter under nagy, including 8-7 last year. you're not going to find a better backup than that next season and there's no reason to just punt on 2020 if foles gets hurt

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •