Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 389 of 455 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 6814
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I don't really like Flacco but if he came on a minimum deal I wouldn't be upset providing Mitch is moved. Still want a developmental guy, but I think we need a backup with starter experience given Foles can't make it through a season.

Someone tell Winston he will get a chance to start here at some point this year if he signs a minimum deal.
    I dont see it. on either. I know people want to imagine everyone wants to come here. Teddy didnt want to... and i mean listening to Bibbers and Goat cant blame him. Our media is brutal on QBs. There are plenty of other Backup Jobs i could see these guys taking Even potential startings jobs.

Miami could give a chance to start albiet for a bad team.
    Jax is one where im unsure on Minshew being real still Hope he is
    Patriots need somebody
    Chargers too
    Pittsburgh with Big ben
    Denver has nobody behind lock.

I honesrly would not be surprised to see a guy like Jamies wait till somebody gets hurt and cash in durring the season when a big name QB goes down.

Expecting guys with tallent to come here as a backup for less than Chase Daniels is making. Are we really that nieve.

https://twitter.com/bradotc/status/1...556260890?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://twitter.com/bradbiggs/status...207711236?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Pritzker has been very proactive, aside from not postponing the primary.

I think we need a national lockdown. It's the only reason china is past it. That and widespread testing.

Illinois shouldn't wait for the feds to force it. Just do it.

This is some crazy ****

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Good luck enforcing a national lockdown. Just look at the morons currently on Spring Break in Florida.

Rumor is that the bears offered Teddy basically the same amount he got from Carolina but they wanted him to fight Mitch for the job and he said no thatís why he went to Car because the panthers were out on Cam

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Pritzker has been very proactive, aside from not postponing the primary.

I think we need a national lockdown. It's the only reason china is past it. That and widespread testing.

Illinois shouldn't wait for the feds to force it. Just do it.

This is some crazy ****

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Im watching videos of spring breakers in Florida. Confuses because Florida has a high % of older people too. and how their Govoner is jusr ignoring it.

I don't see this going away Nice thing about China is if u dont listen they will just **** u up. People here are aarogant and have rights so they will continue to be idiots

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I dont see it. on either. I know people want to imagine everyone wants to come here. Teddy didnt want to... and i mean listening to Bibbers and Goat cant blame him. Our media is brutal on QBs. There are plenty of other Backup Jobs i could see these guys taking Even potential startings jobs.

Miami could give a chance to start albiet for a bad team.
    Jax is one where im unsure on Minshew being real still Hope he is
    Patriots need somebody
    Chargers too
    Pittsburgh with Big ben
    Denver has nobody behind lock.

I honesrly would not be surprised to see a guy like Jamies wait till somebody gets hurt and cash in durring the season when a big name QB goes down.

Expecting guys with tallent to come here as a backup for less than Chase Daniels is making. Are we really that nieve.
    I have no interest in Flacco either, and I doubt he would sign for a vet min. I could really see him retiring at this point if that's his market. If he does sign, I imagine he'll be among the higher AAV backups in the league and in a position similar to the Bears where they're not super trusting of their QB1.

That aside, I need to set some things straight: Carolina was the highest bidder for Teddy. Additionally, there were reports his camp was concerned about him potentially having to compete for the starting job, whereas the Panthers were offering it to him no questions asked. It had nothing to do with "how tough the media is." Nor anything to do with anyone being mean. I don't get what's so mean about being real about Mitch Trubisky. I didn't say I hated him or wished ill will of him. All my criticism has been towards his play, which is universally agreed to be really bad and among the worst starting QBs in the league. I wouldn't hate the idea of Mitch being a backup, he's not bad for a backup, but again, I just think the team has too many holes to have any unnecessary cap space tied into the backup QB if it can be avoided.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 03-19-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post

If this stays this way and we dont make any drastic moves to backload and sign anyone. I wonder if we could trade a pick or two in next years draft (like a 5th or 4th) to move up. We seem to have ample draft capital next year with everything but potentially our 7th (If pinnero is on our roster for 5 games this year raiders get it)

Potential draft next year

1st
    2nd
    3rd
    4th
    5th
    6th
    6th (comp)
    6th (comp)
    6th (Comp)
    7th (Comp)

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Distraction.... come on man. Foles has been a carear a backup who has never been hindered by a guy potentially being in front of him.
    Are you new to Chicago media, lol? They'll have a field day with the "competition". I'm sure the Bears would prefer to avoid that.
    he steps up and plays. And Moriotta was a real distraction for Tannahill.
    Different players. Different market. Situation may seem similar, but that doesn't mean it's going to play out like that here.
    Once again.... For as confident as you guys are in Foles and how bad mitch is. It should be no issue for Foles to beat out mitch
    It won't be, most likely. I doubt it's a real competition though.
    As far as the money 1-2 mil really worth a signifigant downgrade at backup QB with an injury risk QB.
    Significant downgrade is a significant exaggeration.
    im also not sure why people are so overjoyed about Foles.
    I don't think anyone is overjoyed. The fact that he isn't Trubisky is enough to be okay with the move.
    A fringe starter who is likey in the back half of QB rankings.
    Back half of the QB rankings is an improvement over bottom 3.
    Is he better than Mitch
    Yes.
    but honestly why not see if mitch Can get better.
    Yeah, we only need another season to be sure, lol. He's bad, like, really, really, really ****ing bad. It's okay to accept that, admit it, and move on from him. He's not the first highly drafted QB to bust and certainly won't be the last.

Commiting more starts to him could be the difference between Playoffs and no Playoffs for a HC and GM who desperately need to get there.
    if these QB wisperers that made Foles look better can do the same for Mitch.
    Foles has ties to every member of the new staff. Mitch does not. Maybe they can work some magic with Mitch, but I think we've seen enough to know that any amount of coaching isn't going to matter.
    At worst he is a solid backup to have with at least a slight bit of upside.
    I'd argue his at worst scenario is worse than that, but whatever.

And I'm really tired of hearing upside thrown around with Mitch. The downside is way more common with him and it's a very low bar.

I guess the good news is if Pace and Nagy are fired (and assuming Pace doesn't blow future draft capital in this draft), at least the new GM will have a lot of picks to work with.

And that scenario is the same if Pace sticks too.

Hopefully someone pays Haha a decent deal and one of those 6's becomes a 5, though that's unlikely.

Rumor is that the bears offered Teddy basically the same amount he got from Carolina but they wanted him to fight Mitch for the job and he said no thatís why he went to Car because the panthers were out on Cam

I don't blame him. Probably felt insulted considering he's clearly better than Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Are you new to Chicago media, lol? They'll have a field day with the "competition". I'm sure the Bears would prefer to avoid that.

Different players. Different market. Situation may seem similar, but that doesn't mean it's going to play out like that here.

It won't be, most likely. I doubt it's a real competition though.

Significant downgrade is a significant exaggeration.

I don't think anyone is overjoyed. The fact that he isn't Trubisky is enough to be okay with the move.

Back half of the QB rankings is an improvement over bottom 3.

Yes.

Yeah, we only need another season to be sure, lol. He's bad, like, really, really, really ****ing bad. It's okay to accept that, admit it, and move on from him. He's not the first highly drafted QB to bust and certainly won't be the last.

Commiting more starts to him could be the difference between Playoffs and no Playoffs for a HC and GM who desperately need to get there.

Foles has ties to every member of the new staff. Mitch does not. Maybe they can work some magic with Mitch, but I think we've seen enough to know that any amount of coaching isn't going to matter.

I'd argue his at worst scenario is worse than that, but whatever.

And I'm really tired of hearing upside thrown around with Mitch. The downside is way more common with him and it's a very low bar.
    The Bears Have a field day on QBs no matter what. See Jay Cutler. Having or not having mitch. Nobody is going to argue if Foles takes over and has success. The only question that could happen is if he does and doesnt have success. which then the pivot back to mitch arguement in the media might come up. But honestly these distractions you talk about... What are they. The fact that Foles has to potentially have to deal with a QB in front of him like he did in Philly.

The guys you listed.... Come on man. Your not getting somebody good as a backup for less than like 4 mil. (and honestly thats pushing it) Im not saying there isnt better but for a cash straped team the only reason to trade mitch would be for cap space. And your not saving any money with this move Unless there is a significant downgrade from mitch.

Its His 4th ****ing season man. 3rd in a real system. and Im not asking you to Comit any starts to him. This argument is simply the why cant mitch be the backup argument. Im going to let the players and coaches decide who starts. Im not arguing he is better than foles. But the only rational reason to move on is cap space and so it makes no sense to move on and be forced to find a replacement.

And this last line. Please elaborate on the DOWNSIDE of having Mitch backup Foles.

I honestly think your being ridiculous. the idea that you want to get rid of mitch so bad is beyond comprehension. Again If foles is better he is better. Mitch is the Backup. And unless Foles ***** the bed. the whole distraction think is silly. Honestly the only distraction i could see is on Mitch. With whispers of potentially loosing his job which you seem keen on anyway. Foles is going to have no real distractions.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 03-19-2020 at 05:37 PM.

-Rem Koolhaas

If this is the last year as both the Bears HC and HC in general, he's going out with his guy at QB(Foles) and not a guy he had to dumb down the playbook for(Mitch). I'm not sure there's a scenario in which Mitch is the starter. Nobody is going to trust what he does in preseason and Foles knows this system a lot better than Trubisky.

It will be a shock if Trubisky is the starter come w1.
    Screw sabermetics.