Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 388 of 455 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 6815
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Ok ... heís gonna start week 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    He's done, man.

Read between the lines. Listen to the beat writers not so subtlety hinting at it. Better chance he's traded for scraps than starting week 1.

Pace and Nagy simply can't afford going back to him. Their jobs are on the line here.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-19-2020 at 04:09 PM.

I have a hard time seeing Mitch as the B/U in Chicago - meaning he's going to be traded somewhere for something - IMO.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    He's done here. It's pretty apparent. There will be a "competition", but it's Foles job to lose.

You don't flirt with a handful of QB's during free agency, then give up decent draft capital, and take on a $16M cap hit if you have even an ounce of faith in Trubisky. These points have been beaten to death already.
    we literally talked all offseason on getting comp for Mitch. A proven starter to push him. WTF happened between now and then that sudenly u think Foles has been given the reigns. we all knew guy like foles or Dalton was an option to push and compete with Mitch. Sidenly it happens and we all think that changed

Look im not going to debate who starts. Let the players and coaches decide that by beating the other guy out. But the idea that Foles Is the same as signing brady in here has gotten rediculous Foles is not being handed the job. If he cant beat mitch he doesn't deserve the job.

I swear some of u are high on Foles though. 2 weeks ago nobody wanted him unless they included a PICK.... and today he is lord and savior of the bears. 50000x better than mitch who cant even be a backup despite leading the team to a .500 plus record.

Be realistic guys im tire of the irrationality in here

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

There are plenty of backup QB's available and several will cost way less than Mitch.

Trevor Simien, Matt Moore, Blake Bortles, Blaine Gabbert, Brett Hundley...hell, the corpse of Josh McCown. They all cost less than $2M last season.

If you can get anything for Mitch now, then you take, and use half of those savings to sign one of those guys.
    And none of those guys are going to get u to 4-4 or better if foles goes down. They all cost 2 million because they suck. I mean the Lions paid chase 4.5 for a reason. He is better than those guys by a mile. and Mitch is better than Chase

-Rem Koolhaas

Comp pick should be a 7th

I will say it again. Who is going to trade for Trubisky, actually give up something for him? He is making second pick in the draft money, he stinks, he has been ripped by the media. I just canít see anyone trading for him. I can see him being signed as a backup if he was a free agent, I just canít see at his salary and track record someone actually giving up an asset for him.

As far as being a distraction as a backup here, I donít see that. He is not a trouble maker. He would have no problem holding a clipboard and its not like the fans are going to chant his name and want him back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    And none of those guys are going to get u to 4-4 or better if foles goes down. They all cost 2 million because they suck. I mean the Lions paid chase 4.5 for a reason. He is better than those guys by a mile. and Mitch is better than Chase
    Meh, not really the point Kyben. You save money by moving on, get rid of the distraction, and erase any chance of Pace buying into the hype again if he puts together another solid 2-3 game stretch.

I'd argue that a few of those guys are as good, or better, than Chase. Simien, Bortles, Gabbert, McCown all have significantly more starting experience.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-19-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I don't really like Flacco but if he came on a minimum deal I wouldn't be upset providing Mitch is moved. Still want a developmental guy, but I think we need a backup with starter experience given Foles can't make it through a season.

Someone tell Winston he will get a chance to start here at some point this year if he signs a minimum deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    He Def is lol heís gonna have a 2-3 game leash and if he isnít preforming Foles will come in . Thatís the reality of this . Best outcome is and will always be if Mitch starts succeeding . Not Foles for the short term so they will give Mitch this last chance. They will see how he reacts to the pressure of comp fully healthy.

Wishful thinking at its best. Mitch is done.

Wow, Sean Payton tests positive for COVID-19.

2020 Offseason Thread

Pritzker has been very proactive, aside from not postponing the primary.

I think we need a national lockdown. It's the only reason china is past it. That and widespread testing.

Illinois shouldn't wait for the feds to force it. Just do it.

This is some crazy ****

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 03-19-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Meh, not really the point Kyben. You save money by moving on, get rid of the distraction, and erase any chance of Pace buying into the hype again if he puts together another solid 2-3 game stretch.

I'd argue that a few of those guys are as good, or better, than Chase. Simien, Bortles, Gabbert, McCown all have significantly more starting experience. Kinda pointless to argue about backups though. They're all backups for a reason, much like Mitch will be, probably sooner than later.
    Distraction.... come on man. Foles has been a carear a backup who has never been hindered by a guy potentially being in front of him. he steps up and plays. And Moriotta was a real distraction for Tannahill.

Once again.... For as confident as you guys are in Foles and how bad mitch is. It should be no issue for Foles to beat out mitch .As far as the money 1-2 mil really worth a signifigant downgrade at backup QB with an injury risk QB. I myself have issues with this offseason and the lack of OL help But im also not sure why people are so overjoyed about Foles. A fringe starter who is likey in the back half of QB rankings. Is he better than Mitch.... maybe. but honestly why not see if mitch Can get better. if these QB wisperers that made Foles look better can do the same for Mitch. At worst he is a solid backup to have with at least a slight bit of upside.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I don't really like Flacco but if he came on a minimum deal I wouldn't be upset providing Mitch is moved. Still want a developmental guy, but I think we need a backup with starter experience given Foles can't make it through a season.

Someone tell Winston he will get a chance to start here at some point this year if he signs a minimum deal.
    I dont see it. on either. I know people want to imagine everyone wants to come here. Teddy didnt want to... and i mean listening to Bibbers and Goat cant blame him. Our media is brutal on QBs. There are plenty of other Backup Jobs i could see these guys taking Even potential startings jobs.

Miami could give a chance to start albiet for a bad team.
    Jax is one where im unsure on Minshew being real still Hope he is
    Patriots need somebody
    Chargers too
    Pittsburgh with Big ben
    Denver has nobody behind lock.

I honesrly would not be surprised to see a guy like Jamies wait till somebody gets hurt and cash in durring the season when a big name QB goes down.

Expecting guys with tallent to come here as a backup for less than Chase Daniels is making. Are we really that nieve.