Week 10 78.6(2)
    Week 11 62.7(18)
    Week 12 71.7(10)
    Week 13 87.4(2)
    Week 14 65.1(17)
    Week 15 74.8(7)
    Week 16 48.7(31)
    Week 17 60.8(18)

Seems like more mediocre to above average games than mediocre to below average....again, itís just tiresome seeing people want him cut or traded for a 7th round pick when their arenít better options right now available for a backup QB...

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Week 9 58.5(22)
    Week 10 78.6(2)
    Week 11 62.7(18)
    Week 12 71.7(10)
    Week 13 87.4(2)
    Week 14 65.1(17)
    Week 15 74.8(7)
    Week 16 48.7(31)
    Week 17 60.8(18)
    Those are all mediocre grades. Even if a lot of other QBs also happened to score mediocre grades that week, it doesn't mean he was playing well. So yeah, even in your own cherrypicked sample, 5/9 games he was mediocre-bad in. 71.7 isn't very good either. Just for reference, his overall grade for the year was a 64.2, which ranked him 30th. 2 of the bolded are lower than that, the other one is basically the same.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 03-19-2020 at 03:24 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/chicago-bears/

Team Cap Space: $7,399,091

I found this, just not sure how accurate/up to date it is
    GREHAM is not on there so thats badically all of that cap. im sure it needs to be updated

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I think there are at least 5-10 free agents that are a better backup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Seems like more mediocre to above average games than mediocre to below average....again, itís just tiresome seeing people want him cut or traded for a 7th round pick when their arenít better options right now available for a backup QB...
    It's also tiresome seeing you cherry pick stats to try and make Mitch look better than he really is. He has no future in Chicago, so I don't see the point in keeping him here. A 7th rd pick is better than nothing. Foles backup should be a rookie selected in this draft.

Itís not cherry picked...itís his last 9 games of last season when coming off an injury....

Itís not cherry picked...itís his last 9 games of last season when coming off an injury....
    And like I mentioned a million times, his best games were against the likes of the Lions, Giants (which wasn't a great performance btw) and the Cowboys.

It's an excuse. He was good in 4 of the games you referenced. One of them was a meaningless week 17 game against the Vikings who were sitting their starters. The ranking really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I think there are at least 5-10 free agents that are a better backup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    At what price?

At what price?
    Lower than Mitch probably. It's not the point. He's a guy you can move to clear cap space and fill other holes on the team. No need to have him on the roster & Foles when there's still other stuff we need. Mitch just isn't worth it.

I digress...just cut him.

I digress...just cut him.
    Well, no. We don't save anything if we cut him. Don't misrepresent the argument. Mitch isn't a bad by backup standards, but he's a distraction to keep around and a guy we can move to save some much needed cap space for this year without sacrificing future cap. It's money I think would be much better used on an O-lineman or safety if possible. We don't have the luxury of spending premium on a backup QB right now. The odds Mitch plays well enough next year that he's actually back with the team is insanely small anyway. What's the point in delaying the inevitable?

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    You trade him because he sucks, as a backup he's expensive, and you get some minor cap relief (which the Bears need every bit of).

Absolutely no reason to give him another shot. He's 40+ (mostly bad) starts into his career. There's maybe 2 examples in the last 20-30 years of guys suddenly becoming plus starters after such a bad start to their career.
    u can save like 4.5 mil by trading him.
    How much will a new BAckup cost. espcecially since foles is a bit injury prone we need a solid one.

For reference Chase ****ing daniels got 4.5 mil.
    Who is even available who is going to take that little and be consistent?

I think another thing worth bringing up.... This offseason with this virus U may not get a training camp. Honestly its probably better to keep Mitch just because he is familiar with the system and Probably also isnt worse than anyone your geting for 4.5 mil.

And FWIW on the pick U may get a better pick than offered in a comp pick..... i mean moriota got a contract probably worth enough for a 7th

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    u can save like 4.5 mil by trading him.
    How much will a new BAckup cost. espcecially since foles is a bit injury prone we need a solid one.

For reference Chase ****ing daniels got 4.5 mil.
    Who is even available who is going to take that little and be consistent?

I think another thing worth bringing up.... This offseason with this virus U may not get a training camp. Honestly its probably better to keep Mitch just because he is familiar with the system and Probably also isnt worse than anyone your geting for 4.5 mil.

And FWIW on the pick U may get a better pick than offered in a comp pick..... i mean moriota got a contract probably worth enough for a 7th
    I'd be fine with a late round draft pick as the backup on a rookie contract at this point. I don't think Mitch is really all that valuable if at all as a backup and we have other needs.