Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 385 of 456 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 6835
    DBB's pretty legit. He called the Heistand and Helfrich hires before they happened. He called the Juan Castillo hire and just recently the Quinn signing.

I believe his source is just someone in the media, but he doesn't usually put stuff out there just for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I disagree. He did basically what he's always done. He had 3 ridiculous performances, 2 of which came against the awful Lions, but otherwise he was mediocre-awful in every start last year. And I'm no doctor, but in what way does an injured shoulder limit one's mobility? Mitch wasn't scrambling for yards the way he did in 2018, but it's not like he wasn't constantly moving around (poorly I might add). His pocket presence is just terrible. So often he runs out of the pocket when he should be stepping up into it.

I just don't get any reason for there to be hope. He set the bar so low people think 2018 was some kind of promising season. But it was basically just like this year. He was mediocre, except some games against bad teams where he padded the hell out of his stats. We just faced less bad teams this year, and he was put in positions where we needed him to win us games. I do not understand why anyone clings to him at all.
    Tell me what other QBs donít have a mix of mediocre games thrown in there? Again, Iím not even trying to say he should start over Foles, but itís just so crazy how fans fail to even recognize any improvements he made since returning. Was he great? Heck no...Was he average? Yes.

Especially with the current state of the world, having Mitch on board as the backup or starter, in case there is less of an offseason than normal just makes so much more sense than what else is available, especially if you are hoping for a 7th round pick back. Thatís just ridiculous. Iíll eat crow and praise all you guys when that is done.

How does having an injured shoulder effect his mobility? I donít know, maybe heís scared to step up and get hit because it hurts? Maybe he runs less because he didnít want to take extra contact?

I still want Winston. Bring him in on a backup deal, let him sit behind Foles and learn the system/get coached up. Worst case scenario, heíd be one of the best backups in the league and a good insurance piece in case something happens to Foles. Best case scenario, he gets fixed and becomes a serviceable starter or even a franchise an for years to come.

Just going by the ďalmighty PFF gradesĒ since week 9...
    7 top 20 grades
    2 not too 20 grades

Quote Originally Posted by DeShaun Brown View Post
    I still want Winston. Bring him in on a backup deal, let him sit behind Foles and learn the system/get coached up. Worst case scenario, heíd be one of the best backups in the league and a good insurance piece in case something happens to Foles. Best case scenario, he gets fixed and becomes a serviceable starter or even a franchise an for years to come.
    Lol or we just save money and draft a QB to learn the system..

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Tell me what other QBs donít have a mix of mediocre games thrown in there? Again, Iím not even trying to say he should start over Foles, but itís just so crazy how fans fail to even recognize any improvements he made since returning. Was he great? Heck no...Was he average? Yes.

Especially with the current state of the world, having Mitch on board as the backup or starter, in case there is less of an offseason than normal just makes so much more sense than what else is available, especially if you are hoping for a 7th round pick back. Thatís just ridiculous. Iíll eat crow and praise all you guys when that is done.

How does having an injured shoulder effect his mobility? I donít know, maybe heís scared to step up and get hit because it hurts? Maybe he runs less because he didnít want to take extra contact?
    Already been over this. Spent hours charting guys median-mean performances, compared it with other solid-good QBs, etc. I posted his stats vs teams under .500 vs teams over .500. You can choose to ignore it if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just going by the ďalmighty PFF gradesĒ since week 9...
    7 top 20 grades
    2 not too 20 grades
    Arbitrary endpoint and small sample size ********. PFF isn't the source to use if you're trying to make a good case for Mitch.

They even wrote an article saying as much about those games you're referencing:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-mitchel...e-bortles-2019
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 03-19-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Oh wow decent to great performances against the Lions, Giants and Cowboys. Let's forget everything else. Only those games matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Oh wow decent to great performances against the Lions, Giants and Cowboys. Let's forget everything else. Only those games matter.
    It's not just this year either. Every good start he's ever had has been against garbage teams/defenses except the Cowboys I guess. He's been mediocre-awful in literally every other start of his career. We played less bad teams this year and sure enough, he tanked. This stuff isn't rocket science.

Already been over this. Spent hours charting guys median-mean performances, compared it with other solid-good QBs, etc. I posted his stats vs teams under .500 vs teams over .500. You can choose to ignore it if you want.
    Yes, Iíll ignore those as already mentioned...in a similar fashion to how you are with his PFF grades from week 9, and or his QBR rating from 2018. Letís trade him for a 7th rounder!!!!

Arbitrary endpoint and small sample size ********. PFF isn't the source to use if you're trying to make a good case for Mitch.

They even wrote an article saying as much about those games you're referencing:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-mitchel...e-bortles-2019
    Why would his last 9 games be a small sample size when they are the most recent games? Seems those would be the most important. Again, Iím not even trying to argue he should start here, just proving the point people canít even see his improvements made to the point they want to trade him for a 7th round pick.

Why would his last 9 games be a small sample size when they are the most recent games? Seems those would be the most important. Again, Iím not even trying to argue he should start here, just proving the point people canít even see his improvements made to the point they want to trade him for a 7th round pick.
    Dude, you're arguing against the source you referenced. If you're going to talk about his 2nd half PFF grades, you should listen to what PFF itself has to say about how those games aren't meaningful. Also where are you even getting it that his grades in those 9 games were all top 20 or whatever?

That sample would include his @ PHI, @ GB, vs KC, vs LAR, & the @ MIN game. I can't imagine those were very positively scored games. He had absurd performances against Detroit and the Cowboys, but otherwise, seemed to be giving his medium mediocre-bad performances.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 03-19-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Dude, you're arguing against the source you referenced. If you're going to talk about his 2nd half PFF grades, you should listen to what PFF itself has to say about how those games aren't meaningful. Also where are you even getting it that his grades in those 9 games were all top 20 or whatever?

That sample would include his @ PHI, @ GB, vs KC, vs LAR, & the @ MIN game. I can't imagine those were very positively scored games. He had absurd performances against Detroit and the Cowboys, but otherwise, seemed to be giving his medium mediocre-bad performances.
    From PFF, which Iíve referenced. And no, Iím not reading an article PFF published on Dec 11th that is referencing his 3 game stretch. That isnít their analysis on how he performed the 2nd half of season.

They reference he has played his best football in the 2nd half of the season