Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 403 of 408 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 6110
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    We did sign Mingo and honestly im fine with him. I think he will be surprisingly close to Floyd for us and thats off the bench
    Pretty sure Mingos career high in sacks is 2. Iím not remotely comfortable with him as the 3rd OLB. I like Mingo as a ST player, and depth piece. A guy who ideally plays minimal snaps. I just really like the idea of Suggs on a cheap one year deal.

2020 Offseason Thread

Seahawk fan here

Depends on what the contract is. Being only a one year deal, itís low risk. Iím shocked he didnít stay with Seattle as theyíre hurting for tackles.

Regarding the penalties and sacks, remember Russel Wilson holds the ball longer than any QB in the league to let the long ball develop. Every lineman for Seattle will give up holding penalties and sacks. Itís just a function of having Wilson at QB.

Most Seahawks fans wanted Ifedi back. He was looking for $10M+/yr on a longer contract. If the Bears got him for $5M or less on a one year deal that is a steal. Ifedi has improved every year in the league. Iím sad to see him go.

It's hard to play tackle when your QB is Wilson

I love Wilson, but he holds the ball and moves around so much the tackles donít always know where he is. So their option is hold or let Wilson take an ugly hitÖ.after blocking for 3-5 seconds. Tackle for the Seahawks is one of the hardest jobs in football.

Is Ifedi perfect? No. Do some fans feel he didnít live up to his first round pick? Yes. But heís been the starting right tackle the past two years for a playoff team. Heís not a scrub. Even the haters over on FieldGulls would have taken him back on a cheap contract.

His backup the swing tackle Fant got a $10M/yr multi-year deal from the Jets. Iím shocked Ifedi signed for a one year deal.

Posted by blazerpnw on Mar 25, 2020 | 2:17 PM

I think he'll do better for the Bears at Guard

Heís got the size and speed to play both positions. Last year he racked up too many false starts, largely because the best opposing DE tended to switch to his side (Brown at LT is definitely better and more experienced than Ifedi) and heíd pull up into pass protection too soon. Heís a decent run blocker. I think heís decent in pass protection too, other than the false starts. I give Seahawks OL a pass on sacks and holding because of Wilson. He started at guard his first two years in the league and made rookie mistakes that one would expect from young OL. His last two years he started at RT out of necessity.

Ifedi is 25 years old with 60 starts and has not had any real injuries. His backup that couldnít beat him out the past two years just signed for 3 years and $30M with the Jets, for some perspective. Getting him on a one year prove it deal is a smart signing.

Posted by blazerpnw on Mar 25, 2020 | 3:54 PM

It's not blaming "OL problems" on the QB

Itís acknowledging that for the offensive design theyíre not really "OL problems" nor are the "QB problems"Ö.theyíre just part of the risk of the offense.

The Seahawks run longer developing pass plays. Which requires OL to block for longer, which is especially challenging when they donít know which way Wilson will move as he buys more time. Thatís neither blaming Wilson nor the OL. Itís acknowledging the facet of the offense is going to cause more sacks and holding penalties. Not blaming anybody.

Fans rightly jumped on Ifedi for his false starts. But the few holding penalties per year, him and the rest of the OL get a pass from me given the style of offense the Seahawks run. If it were a west coast offense like what the Saints run, then sure blame the OL for holding penalties. I think Ifedi will do fine for the Bears. The biggest thing for them to work with him on is the false starts, which I think heíll do better at as guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Stunner; 03-25-2020 at 11:51 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Pretty sure Mingos career high in sacks is 2. Iím not remotely comfortable with him as the 3rd OLB. I like Mingo as a ST player, and depth piece. A guy who ideally plays minimal snaps. I just really like the idea of Suggs on a cheap one year deal.
    Sacks are the only thing people care about LOL.

Look he gets good pressure as indicated from his QB hits. He is good in the run game. He has played limited snaps with the Colts and Seahawks but found production.

I mean suggs didnt chose us last year. Id 37 going on 38. I really think this notion that he is an Elite level pass rusher needs to stop and people need to accept its rare to have a 3rd OLB capable of being great. Unless its a young draft pick.

I mean remind me how much cap space we have dedicated to our two starters In Mack and Quinn. and to hear complaints about the quality of depth makes me realize people will never be satisfied.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

His career high is 5 in his rookie season.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I just personally think that people over rate sacks. Yes they matter and yes they are a solid indication of pass rush production but its not all.

For Example. We all know floyd was not exactly the best Pass rusher.... But as a OLB he was not a terrible player. and he surely would not be considered a bad backup.... in fact he would be a very good backup.

So I would just like to bring your attention to the stats of Barkevious Mingo for a second and compare them to Leonard floyd.

So.... Im going to be comparing the season of Mingo in Indy and Seatle. For whatever reason he never got a chance in Houston after the Clowney trade.

So comparing him to Floyd First.

Floyd Played 899 defensive snaps last year. And Lets look at his stats Both as a total and on a Per snap Basis

Total---------------Per Snap

40 Tackles ----------.0445
    12 QB Hits----------.0133
    3 TFL ---------------.0033
    3 Sacks -------------.0033
    1 Pass Defended-----.0011

Now Lets Look at Mingo in Comparison First Set will be his stats from Indy Where he played 501 and the 2nd set from Sea where he played 515

In Indy
    47 Tackles ----------.0938
    9 QB Hits----------.0180
    7 TFL ---------------.0140
    2 Sacks -------------.0040
    2 Pass Defended-----.0040

Not to mention

3 FF ----------------.0060 (floyd had zero so I didnt include it)

Mingo was basically better than Floyd Across the board. Now..... Let me be clear. Mingo did play a bunch of ST Snaps too..... So Perhaps the Tackle stats are a bit padded. But the rest... TFL... SACKS.... PD and QB hits are still in Mingos favor. And even if you include the Special teams snaps as defensive snaps.... Mingo still comes away with more tackles in less snaps.

Now..... Looking at Seatle his stats are a Bit Worse.

In Sea
    48 Tackles ----------.0928
    2 QB Hits----------.0039
    3 TFL ---------------.0058
    1 Sacks -------------.0019
    1 Pass Defended-----.0019
    2 FF ----------------.0039

The question is who are we getting? Honestly I cant say. I cant say for sure that we will get Mingo from 2017. I mean he did play on a pretty awful Colts pass rush though. who were 31st in the league with only 25 sacks. So maybe he was the best in the worst situation. Although I also see him starting in Seatle on a very good defense and not rack up the stats.

But the truth is.... I also Wonder how much better he could be playing across from a guy like Mack. Or Quinn. At the same time... he did play with Frank Clark and Jarren Reed who could compare to mack and Hicks.... SO maybe im talking out of my ***.

The point is though. Mingo will do his job. Maybe you get a better pass rusher than expected. Maybe you end up with a Leonard floyd esk player who leaves a ton to be desired in terms of pass rush. IDK. The one thing I will say is this. Mingos year I highlighted with the Colts was with Chuck Pagano as the head coach. its clear he likes something about him or else he would not have brought him in.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/elitejuju/status...789806593?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I just personally think that people over rate sacks. Yes they matter and yes they are a solid indication of pass rush production but its not all.

For Example. We all know floyd was not exactly the best Pass rusher.... But as a OLB he was not a terrible player. and he surely would not be considered a bad backup.... in fact he would be a very good backup.

So I would just like to bring your attention to the stats of Barkevious Mingo for a second and compare them to Leonard floyd.

So.... Im going to be comparing the season of Mingo in Indy and Seatle. For whatever reason he never got a chance in Houston after the Clowney trade.

So comparing him to Floyd First.

Floyd Played 899 defensive snaps last year. And Lets look at his stats Both as a total and on a Per snap Basis

Total---------------Per Snap

40 Tackles ----------.0445
    12 QB Hits----------.0133
    3 TFL ---------------.0033
    3 Sacks -------------.0033
    1 Pass Defended-----.0011

Now Lets Look at Mingo in Comparison First Set will be his stats from Indy Where he played 501 and the 2nd set from Sea where he played 515

In Indy
    47 Tackles ----------.0938
    9 QB Hits----------.0180
    7 TFL ---------------.0140
    2 Sacks -------------.0040
    2 Pass Defended-----.0040

Not to mention

3 FF ----------------.0060 (floyd had zero so I didnt include it)

Mingo was basically better than Floyd Across the board. Now..... Let me be clear. Mingo did play a bunch of ST Snaps too..... So Perhaps the Tackle stats are a bit padded. But the rest... TFL... SACKS.... PD and QB hits are still in Mingos favor. And even if you include the Special teams snaps as defensive snaps.... Mingo still comes away with more tackles in less snaps.

Now..... Looking at Seatle his stats are a Bit Worse.

In Sea
    48 Tackles ----------.0928
    2 QB Hits----------.0039
    3 TFL ---------------.0058
    1 Sacks -------------.0019
    1 Pass Defended-----.0019
    2 FF ----------------.0039

The question is who are we getting? Honestly I cant say. I cant say for sure that we will get Mingo from 2017. I mean he did play on a pretty awful Colts pass rush though. who were 31st in the league with only 25 sacks. So maybe he was the best in the worst situation. Although I also see him starting in Seatle on a very good defense and not rack up the stats.

But the truth is.... I also Wonder how much better he could be playing across from a guy like Mack. Or Quinn. At the same time... he did play with Frank Clark and Jarren Reed who could compare to mack and Hicks.... SO maybe im talking out of my ***.

The point is though. Mingo will do his job. Maybe you get a better pass rusher than expected. Maybe you end up with a Leonard floyd esk player who leaves a ton to be desired in terms of pass rush. IDK. The one thing I will say is this. Mingos year I highlighted with the Colts was with Chuck Pagano as the head coach. its clear he likes something about him or else he would not have brought him in.
    Kyben, I know Floyd is a solid player lol. Weíre discussing pass rush ability. Thatís really all I care about at that spot, especially the 3rd OLB. Not even taking into account sacks, based on those numbers you posted, Mingo provides possibly minimally more pressures and TFL. He is not a pass rushing threat. Suggs is. Thatís the main difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/elitejuju/status...789806593?s=21

Pretty sure cam has always looked good without his shirt on lol....not sure this video lends any more belief to cam coming back and having a great season. I do think he could be average-ish maybe in the right system. NE would seemingly be a good fit for him.

Pretty sure cam has always looked good without his shirt on lol....not sure this video lends any more belief to cam coming back and having a great season. I do think he could be average-ish maybe in the right system. NE would seemingly be a good fit for him.
    Yep. It's Jarron Gilbert jumping out of a pool all over again. You see it every year with different players. I'm sure Cam will be a fine player, as he's always been, wherever he goes for a few more years, if he can stay healthy.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 03-26-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Man cam in 2018 before the injury he was on a roll

2020 Offseason Thread

I donít expect us to make any moves to after the draft and we really donít have the money to make any, but how do you guys feel about Deone Bucannon. Potentially, would add need depth to two positions, LB and S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Man cam in 2018 before the injury he was on a roll

So in reality heís only a season and a half removed from dominance.

Man, if he stays healthy the bears are gonna look stupid again.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    So in reality heís only a season and a half removed from dominance.

Man, if he stays healthy the bears are gonna look stupid again.

Its hard to agree with you when no one in the NFL is viewing him as a starting QB option.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathernecks View Post
    Its hard to agree with you when no one in the NFL is viewing him as a starting QB option.
    Yeah chances are his medicals donít look good. Also, having an MVP candidate in McCaffrey is a huge luxury. Chances are he wonít have that wherever he goes. Who knows, maybe he lands somewhere and does great. Heís certainly motivated, but itís kind of telling that heís still looking for a job.