Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 499 of 501 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501 LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 7514
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    No need to misrepresent the other side. We're not all Blams (no offense Blams, but your take on him is needlessly extreme). Is he the worst QB ever? Is he Nathan Peterman? No. One of the worst starters in the league right now? Yes. I've been perfectly clear about that all off-season. He's been that way since day 1. What reason is there to believe he'll be better? What reason is there to give him another chance? Foles might also be bad, but why not at least try first. Before Mitch has a few competent performance against lousy teams and has everyone second guessing again for no real reason? What if we wait too long to put Foles in and miss the playoffs by a game or two that we may have won with him? People act like there's no risk to letting Mitch start a few games, but there absolutely is.

At least Foles has had some legitimately good seasons in his career at certain times. No, I'm not thrilled he's our alternative, but he's not Chase Daniel. Isn't that what we were saying all year last year?

History tells us Mitch has had enough sample size to determine what he is. I don't believe any upside exists. He's a good athlete and has an above average arm. Unfortunately, his mechanics and football IQ basically make any of that null and void.
    Not sure why I need to contine to clarify my position. I haven't seen a qb in the league for 3 years as a starter and 2 with the same offense so inept at reading defenses and going through progressions. Haven't seen a qb as bad at executing an RPO

How is that extreme?

If someone performs worse than mitch- that still doesn't change my opinion that a lot of qbs with the same offense for 2 years would perform better, including backups.

Its not exactly extreme but it is impossible to prove which is ok. I understand that lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 09-07-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

2020 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    https://beargoggleson.com/2017/08/04...-adam-shaheen/

I think we can ignore the TC praise. Every year they fluff the players taint, it means nothing.
    This doesnít prove anything you sent me a report from week one of TC not even a full TC were my info coming from. If anything itís very hard to be bias this training camp under the conditions
    Last edited by Stunner; 09-07-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Not sure why I need to contine to clarify my position. I haven't seen a qb in the league for 3 years as a starter and 2 with the same offense so inept at reading defenses and going through progressions. Haven't seen a qb as bad at executing an RPO

How is that extreme?

If someone performs worse than mitch- that still doesn't change my opinion that a lot of qbs with the same offense for 2 years would perform better, including backups.

Its not exactly extreme but it is impossible to prove which is ok. I understand that lol.

Idk, mostly referring to your cases you've made in the past that he's not even capable as a backup. Virtually all backup QBs are bad. Mitch can certainly survive in the league as a backup QB. I mean, Blaine Gabbert is still in the league. I don't think he's worse than Blaine Gabbert. They're both bad.

Idk, mostly referring to your cases you've made in the past that he's not even capable as a backup. Virtually all backup QBs are bad. Mitch can certainly survive in the league as a backup QB. I mean, Blaine Gabbert is still in the league. I don't think he's worse than Blaine Gabbert. They're both bad.
    I hear what you're saying, but what are your thoughts on the following:

Long time backup qbs are often good at retaining a playbook, can make basic reads, and are an intellectual plus to a QB room. Mitch meets exactly 0 of those criteria. If he's willing to run often and with reckless abandon, he'd potentially fit well as a backup in Baltimore i guess?

Unless a qb is the backup for the sole reason of untapped potential.

He'll get a shot somewhere but I don't see anything he's done that makes a team believe "ok; he can come in and execute for a game or two and we can make it through this injury" such as McCown, and other long time backup QBs.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but what are your thoughts on the following:

Long time backup qbs are often good at retaining a playbook, can make basic reads, and are an intellectual plus to a QB room. Mitch meets exactly 0 of those criteria. If he's willing to run often and with reckless abandon, he'd potentially fit well as a backup in Baltimore i guess?

Unless a qb is the backup for the sole reason of untapped potential.

He'll get a shot somewhere but I don't see anything he's done that makes a team believe "ok; he can come in and execute for a game or two and we can make it through this injury" such as McCown, and other long time backup QBs.

McCown is literally Trubisky in 10 years (if Mitch decides to play that long). McCown had the same early-career struggles as Mitch. The game moved too fast for him, but he was dedicated, a good teammate, and a good athlete for a QB.

I think it's wrong to generalize all good backup QBs as being the same type of player. Anyway, I don't get the point in talking about the quality of backup QBs. They're generally all bad whether they're Chase Daniel or Blaine Gabbert. I think Mitch can hang with that ilk if he wants to.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 09-07-2020 at 09:35 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Only surprise to me is Paterson being listed as a Receiver. IF Montgomery is out it makes our RBs Cohen and Nall.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I have also heard Mooney was getting open deep consistently. If he can give us maybe 5 big plays this season I would both not be surprised..... and it would be huge for this team who lacked big plays last year.

After Gabriel Went out our team had zero speed outside. Ginn and Mooney surely at least have a role to play and can help spread the D out.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    https://beargoggleson.com/2017/08/04...-adam-shaheen/

I think we can ignore the TC praise. Every year they fluff the players taint, it means nothing.
    I actually buy the Mooney praise. He at least has some game changing abilities with his speed. Kmet, to your point, is harder to buy until we see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol 3 out of like, the 10 of us that are left?
    Still lol

Huge fan of Mitch starting.... of course I was a huge fan of CUTTY'S also but I'm excited to see if Mitch has actually improved for sure.

Definitely excited about the defense as well! I mean how could you not be?!

Mitch had to be the starter this year. I hope he lights the world on fire, but if he doesn't - Nick (9 games) Foles can come to the rescue.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting