Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    To move up to the 2nd pick, let alone the 1st, would cost too much....

Would anyone be happy to go another 2 years without a 1st? Or only to have, let's say, 7 picks in the next two drafts?

Crap...keep Mitch and Mack and draft a QB next season.... there's bound to be a interesting prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Not really. He looked that good to me. more mobile than i would expect. handled the pressure well.

I mean.... he was at Ohio State..... and u know they are loaded. Last year was his first year at LSU.... kinda a rok starting Season. I would be more concerned if he was at a small school and could not crack the lineup. but thats just my 2 cents.

Age doesn't really bother me either. Your brining up two good QBs but Why not being up Mitch.... because your not comparing him to those two anyway. the fact is Burrow is probably better now at age 23-24 than mitch is ar 25-26 so the question is more can he be elite by the time he is 2 years older. and to me. i surely think he could in the right scenario.
    Iím merely making a point about his age. Iím not comparing him to any particular QB. Just to put things in perspective, most 24 year old QBs already have a couple years of NFL experience. Burrows will be a rookie. It would be nice also to have another year to see how he performs after a historic season. 2018 he was pretty bad. This season he was legendary.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    To move up to the 2nd pick, let alone the 1st, would cost too much....

Would anyone be happy to go another 2 or years without a 1st? Or only to have, let's say, 7 picks in the next two drafts?

Crap...keep Mitch and Mack and draft a QB next season.... there's bound to be a interesting prospect.
    If you could get a 24 yo Andrew Luck esk prospect.. I don't care about your first round picks. agree to disagree if you want. I mean some will argue if Burrow is that good (which is a fair argument) . But seeing him 493 and 7 Tds vs Oklahmoma and 463 and 5 vs Clemson.. Im sold on his big game Moments.

I mean.... remind me of the 1st round picks the Colts had post luck anyway

2013- 2014 and 2015 drafts.... the only players of note to come out for them was Dorset ... which never made an impact for them. I mean honestly their whole drafts were bust in that time. Yet they went 11-5 every year with luck who was playing with an awful D..... and terrible help too.

If You think Burrow can be that good. IDGAF what it cost.

And as far as INTERESTING..... I like Feilds.... but Burrow was strait up the most unstopable QB i have seen in college football in a while.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iím merely making a point about his age. Iím not comparing him to any particular QB. Just to put things in perspective, most 24 year old QBs already have a couple years of NFL experience. Burrows will be a rookie. It would be nice also to have another year to see how he performs after a historic season. 2018 he was pretty bad. This season he was legendary.
    I do get it. Personally im just sold. If you want to crack down on his age being a deficiency thats fine. But I just think he was that good and the way he showed up in big games vs Near nfl level comp.

I mean people forget he played the whole season vs the SEC too. he put up this historic season while playing the likes of Alabama.... Georgia.... Florida.... and Auburn. consistantly..... These are near NFL caliber defenses if not NFL caliber in some cases.

-Rem Koolhaas

I do get it. Personally im just sold. If you want to crack down on his age being a deficiency thats fine. But I just think he was that good and the way he showed up in big games vs Near nfl level comp.

I mean people forget he played the whole season vs the SEC too. he put up this historic season while playing the likes of Alabama.... Georgia.... Florida.... and Auburn. consistantly..... These are near NFL caliber defenses if not NFL caliber in some cases.
    To me burrow has the 4 most important traits for a QB. High IQ, processing speed, accuracy, and leadership/intangibles. Iíd do whatever it took to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    To me burrow has the 4 most important traits for a QB. High IQ, processing speed, accuracy, and leadership/intangibles. Iíd do whatever it took to get him.
    THATS HOW I FEEL. Mack or no mack I said B4 the trade happened you have to be sure Mitch is your guy if your trading for him. And Im one of the few who is still willing to give Mitch a chance. But I Also realize There are not many generational QBs (I think Burrow is one, And if you dont think he is Thats fine. and I accept your opinion on why you would not trade Mack for him) If you can go get a QB that for the next 10-15 years is a top caliber guy. IDK how people would not be willing to deal MACK for that. And Im not saying Deal MACK to go get anyone else. But the fact is Mack is 28..... If your not sold on Mitch then its unlikely we have a QB to compete (not just playoff pretenders with a CARR or Dalton) till he is at least 30 because even if we get one next year in the draft.... he isnt contending as a ROK. and Maybe MACK is one of those guys who plays and excels deep into his 30s. Maybe not. But IM not convinced that we are going to be able to utilize MACK to win a Superbowl at this rate. Brady would do it.... But I am skeptical he even leaves. Dak could do it....but that isnt happening. So our options to actually win it all get really limited IMO.

And Despite how high regards anyone in this forum holds Mack.... The truth is Just like with Urlacher we could spend years trying (and potentially failing) to find a QB that can get us far enough. By the time we did with Urlacher. he was already old and regressing. I dont want to see the same happen to MACK. And Despite anyone saying otherwise. You Take Tom Brady..... Aaron Rodgers.... or Pat Mahomes as your QB for 15 years.... over Mack any day of the week. And if you think Burrow can be that good (and again. I DO) You dont worry about the cost. But you also have to realize You can not afford to **** THIS UP. if Burrow Bust..... Everyone is gone.

-Rem Koolhaas

If you could get a 24 yo Andrew Luck esk prospect.. I don't care about your first round picks. agree to disagree if you want. I mean some will argue if Burrow is that good (which is a fair argument) . But seeing him 493 and 7 Tds vs Oklahmoma and 463 and 5 vs Clemson.. Im sold on his big game Moments.

I mean.... remind me of the 1st round picks the Colts had post luck anyway

2013- 2014 and 2015 drafts.... the only players of note to come out for them was Dorset ... which never made an impact for them. I mean honestly their whole drafts were bust in that time. Yet they went 11-5 every year with luck who was playing with an awful D..... and terrible help too.

If You think Burrow can be that good. IDGAF what it cost.

And as far as INTERESTING..... I like Feilds.... but Burrow was strait up the most unstopable QB i have seen in college football in a while.
    You're right. The Colts won several championships under Luck.

I'm not against drafting Burrows, but it would be one step forward and three steps back.

The Bears aren't in a position to make that kind of move.

I mean, if people want to daydream about it, ok I guess.
    Last edited by I don't care.; 02-14-2020 at 02:26 AM.

I hate when people call himĒBurrowsĒ

Itís BURROW.

I would trade Mack for Burrow in a second.

The real Pride of the Midwest

With the current state of our team, most would trade Mack for Burrow. The problem is, thatís not even close to what it would take to acquire him. Why would Cincy do that? The bears could probable offer Mack, all their picks this year and next year, and Cincinnati could still say NO. Thatís how bad the bears draft capital is right now.

The #1 pick this year is extremely valuable compared to most others and any team trading inside the top 5 to move up to one is going to have to trade multiple additional 1st round picks.

If Tua got a clean bill of health from the doctors and no long term damage is expected would you trade Mack for Tua?

I would.

I would too, but still, I donít think Mack alone gets us in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    I would too, but still, I donít think Mack alone gets us in the top 5.
    Yea probably correct, especially with that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    If Tua got a clean bill of health from the doctors and no long term damage is expected would you trade Mack for Tua?

I would.
    Burrow is the only one i would consider

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

This isn't productive but I can't resist. Not like public opinion matters, but ouch.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...want-look-away

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast