Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 216 of 455 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 6815
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Pace is the best of the 3 and really, if he would have only picked Mahomes or Watson, we would all be singing his praises. He won executive of the year last year lol....his biggest blemish is picking Mitch. Other than that, heís been good. Itís a fireable offense, but his overall body of work has been good. And before people point out bad picks like Shaheen, every GM has them. Unfortunately for him, he screwed up the most important decision.
    I think that was from lack of hindsight. Looking back it seems asinine to draft a franchise QB that you KNOW will not be with the then current coach, thus robbing the new coach of picking a guy for his system and harming the development of the guy you drafted.

This was a case of putting the cart before the horse IMO.
    Broncos be like:

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    I think that was from lack of hindsight. Looking back it seems asinine to draft a franchise QB that you KNOW will not be with the then current coach, thus robbing the new coach of picking a guy for his system and harming the development of the guy you drafted.

This was a case of putting the cart before the horse IMO.
    Not really. Nagy was very familiar with Mitch with his time with the chiefs. They scouted all of the QBs. He knew Mitch before he came here. Nagy took the job because he felt Mitch could be a franchise QB and fit his system. He was wrong. As was Pace. As were the numerous other fans, scouts, and draft pundits who had Mitch as the #1 QB. This is going to sound nuts....but sometimes lots of people are wrong with prospects. Happens every year. You miss more than you hit. Thatís the reality of it.

Also, no way do you wait to draft a QB when you have the 3rd pick because thereís a chance the coach isnít going to be there the following year. You go out and take advantage of the draft position and take a swing for your guy. It would have been stupid if Pace didnít take a swing. He just missed. By your logic, drafting Watson or Mahomes would be putting the cart before the horse just because of fox? Lol...cmon...

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Pace should be fired on the spot if he picks up that 5th year option.
    Absolutely. Trubisky has done nothing to warrant having that option picked up and most likely won't do anything in 20 to earn that money. If Pace is stupid enough to pick up the option, he is literally done, in my mind, in Chicago.
    Screw sabermetics.

Not really. Nagy was very familiar with Mitch with his time with the chiefs. They scouted all of the QBs. He knew Mitch before he came here. Nagy took the job because he felt Mitch could be a franchise QB and fit his system. He was wrong. As was Pace. As were the numerous other fans, scouts, and draft pundits who had Mitch as the #1 QB. This is going to sound nuts....but sometimes lots of people are wrong with prospects. Happens every year. You miss more than you hit. Thatís the reality of it.

Also, no way do you wait to draft a QB when you have the 3rd pick because thereís a chance the coach isnít going to be there the following year. You go out and take advantage of the draft position and take a swing for your guy. It would have been stupid if Pace didnít take a swing. He just missed. By your logic, drafting Watson or Mahomes would be putting the cart before the horse just because of fox? Lol...cmon...
    Thereís no way to spin trading up for Mitch as a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Thereís no way to spin trading up for Mitch as a good move.
    When did I say it was a good move to move up for Mitch? It was a good move to take a swing given the draft position. He just missed. And it was an epic miss. Not sure where youíre getting that it was a good move to trade up for Mitch though.

When did I say it was a good move to move up for Mitch? It was a good move to take a swing given the draft position. He just missed. And it was an epic miss. Not sure where youíre getting that it was a good move to trade up for Mitch though.
    Yep. People need to get over the pick. The clear consensus is that Mitch was the #1 QB prospect that year. I don't know that there's a team out there that didn't have Mitch #1. There was plenty of debate over who the #2 guy was between Mahomes/Watson, but Mitch felt like the much more sure thing ironically. Anyway, my problem with Pace is not that he took Mitch over Mahomes/Watson, but that he seems to have put all his eggs in Mitch's basket unjustifiably.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yep. People need to get over the pick. The clear consensus is that Mitch was the #1 QB prospect that year. I don't know that there's a team out there that didn't have Mitch #1. There was plenty of debate over who the #2 guy was between Mahomes/Watson, but Mitch felt like the much more sure thing ironically. Anyway, my problem with Pace is not that he took Mitch over Mahomes/Watson, but that he seems to have put all his eggs in Mitch's basket unjustifiably.
    You should always try to capitalize having a good QB on a Rookie contract by taking big swings elsewhere, like Mack. So, I think the plan made sense, but Mitch just isn't good. Now it's going to be tough to salvage the window with this roster. It's doable, but I'm not sure I believe it'll happen after Pace missed so badly on Mitch.

Luke Kuechly retired. He was one of my favorite players - hopefully retirement serves him well!

https://www.panthers.com/news/luke-k...ces-retirement

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    You should always try to capitalize having a good QB on a Rookie contract by taking big swings elsewhere, like Mack. So, I think the plan made sense, but Mitch just isn't good. Now it's going to be tough to salvage the window with this roster. It's doable, but I'm not sure I believe it'll happen after Pace missed so badly on Mitch.
    I'm not really referring to trading for Mack. I agree, that was good. The problem was no competition for Mitch, who was completely unproven going into last year. We needed a plan B, and someone we knew could at least keep our heads above the water. That's Pace's biggest failure.

2020 Offseason Thread

I'm not really referring to trading for Mack. I agree, that was good. The problem was no competition for Mitch, who was completely unproven going into last year. We needed a plan B, and someone we knew could at least keep our heads above the water. That's Pace's biggest failure.
    They could have found someone better than Daniel, but they were never going to bench Mitch this season. The plan B was supposed to be daniel, and while it sounds funny....he won games with the Bears over the last 2 seasons. There was never supposed to be a plan B in the sense of if Mitch sucked, theyíll go to this guy or that guy. They were banking on Mitch being serviceable at the very least. The backup was there in case Mitch got injured. Most of you on here were thinking Mitch could be top 10 this year. You donít go out and get a plan B if thatís how you feel.

Weíll see what pace and Co do this season now that things are a little bit more clear. The offense needs much better play at major positions. OT and TE specifically. Although, they could use more firepower at WR too. I donít think theyíre as sold on Mitch than they let on during their presser, but maybe thatís just me being optimistic. I think they sign a vet, draft a rookie somewhere in the draft, and while they still may try to make Mitch work to start the the year, his leash will be short like mariotaís was this year.
    Last edited by KG2TB; 01-14-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Luke Kuechly retired. He was one of my favorite players - hopefully retirement serves him well!

https://www.panthers.com/news/luke-k...ces-retirement
    Agreed. Great career.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

They could have found someone better than Daniel, but they were never going to bench Mitch this season. The plan B was supposed to be daniel, and while it sounds funny....he won games with the Bears over the last 2 seasons. There was never supposed to be a plan B in the sense of if Mitch sucked, theyíll go to this guy or that guy. They were banking on Mitch being serviceable at the very least. The backup was there in case Mitch got injured. Most of you on here were thinking Mitch could be top 10 this year. You donít go out and get a plan B if thatís how you feel.

Weíll see what pace and Co do this season now that things are a little bit more clear. The offense needs much better play at major positions. OT and TE specifically. Although, they could use more firepower at WR too. I donít think theyíre as sold on Mitch than they let on during their presser, but maybe thatís just me being optimistic. I think they sign a vet, draft a rookie somewhere in the draft, and while they still may try to make Mitch work to start the the year, his leash will be short like mariotaís was this year.
    I certainly didn't think that of Mitch. I think anyone watching Mitch, even last year should've had reasonable doubt, Pace included. He should've had someone better than Daniel just in case. The Titans had Tannehill, the Dolphins had Fitzpatrick, the Redskins had Keenum, and the Saints had Bridgewater.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-14-2020 at 10:52 PM.

I certainly didn't think that of Mitch. I think anyone watching Mitch, even last year should've had reasonable doubt, Pace included. He should've had someone better than Daniel just in case. The Titans had Tannehill, the Dolphins had Fitzpatrick, the Redskins had Keenum, and the Saints had Bridgewater.
    The titans benched mariota this year but not during his 3rd year, which Mitch was in this season. The saints do have teddy but letís be honest, heís not that great. Payton and the supporting cast really helped him look better.

I will say, I never thought Mitch was going to be top 10. I thought he maybe had a chance, but I pegged him more as an above average guy you could win win. He was still never going to be benched this season coming off of last year. Next year the bears need a contingency plan. Wasnít realistic or warranted this season. Daniel was what....2-1 the last two seasons? 2-2 maybe? Thatís pretty good from your backup.

Oh yeah definitely agree with that one. I don't think he should just be handed the starter job again, but if he is then they better have a much better backup than Chase Daniel.

Didn't he have several concussions in his career?

Either way, I respect these a lot guys that walk away early like this. He was a great player, one of the best LB's in the game over the past decade.