Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 460 of 501 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 7514
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I soured on Jay towards the end and the guy definitely had his warts as a QB, but he was set up to fail by incompetent GM's and **** coaching more than anything. Had Lovie ever gotten a worthwhile OC here, I think they'd both be viewed differently by this fanbase.

It was pretty annoying how bad he was against the Packers though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    The bears definitely did not protect their investment. The roster they put around Jay after the trade was terrible. Like you said though, Jay still had his warts. His career could have looked different elsewhere, but he was never a truly elite QB. Even his best season in Denver, he didnít look close to upper echelon. A good QB for sure, but not great.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    The bears definitely did not protect their investment. The roster they put around Jay after the trade was terrible. Like you said though, Jay still had his warts. His career could have looked different elsewhere, but he was never a truly elite QB. Even his best season in Denver, he didnít look close to upper echelon. A good QB for sure, but not great.
    I do wonder if the Bears are just incapable of developing QBs. Like, people always mention how accurate Mitch was in college and even looking at him in pre-season 2017 he looks like a different QB. Have to wonder how much John Fox and the total lack of talent around him that first year set him back. Not to make excuses for him, cause I really don't think it's the main reason he's bad, but I don't know for sure, and you could just see him going to some other team and having been much better than he is now, where one could argue (me) he barely looks like he belongs in the league at all.

All because John Fox didn't want any more Mike Glennon or Mark Sanchez tape on his now useless resume.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 06-20-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Where are we at with signing our rookie draft picks? I haven't seen any news on contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I do wonder if the Bears are just incapable of developing QBs. Like, people always mention how accurate Mitch was in college and even looking at him in pre-season 2017 he looks like a different QB. Have to wonder how much John Fox and the total lack of talent around him that first year set him back. Not to make excuses for him, cause I really don't think it's the main reason he's bad, but I don't know for sure, and you could just see him going to some other team and having been much better than he is now, where one could argue (me) he barely looks like he belongs in the league at all.

All because John Fox didn't want any more Mike Glennon or Mark Sanchez tape on his now useless resume.
    It's definitely debatable. I'm not sure if I just have selective memory, but it seems like his footwork was even better his rookie year. But yeah, accuracy was supposed to be one of his strong suits. I think he was even among the most accurate passers downfield his rookie season. I will say this, I don't think Nagy's system is beneficial to Mitch. I think a more adaptable coach, especially one that stresses fundamentals, would be able to get more out of Mitch. How much more? Anyone's guess...

2020 Offseason Thread

Last edited by Stunner; 06-20-2020 at 03:37 PM.

https://twitter.com/pff_bears/status...356907008?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://twitter.com/tarikcohen/statu...834264584?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/pff_bears/status...356907008?s=21

9 carry sample, I'm convinced!

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    basically one big run in o skews the **** out of that. Also who is really expecting Tarik to handle over 100 carries.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

2020 Offseason Thread

The PFF tweet was to Cohen saying he loves running Power and man schemes but hardly ran it

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I will not deny we use Tarik terribly. He does need a more ballanced diet instead if being a 2 trick pony ... those tricks being its either an outside Run or Pass..... I mean look at those numers themselves and you can see 9 carries up the middle and 55 basically outside.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...683099138?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...683099138?s=21

If that is the case, then see ya in 2021.
    Screw sabermetics.

I put $400 on the Bears to win it all. This D is going to be that good. Defense wins Championships. Trent Dilfer could be our QB. It won't matter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by timov8 View Post
    I put $400 on the Bears to win it all. This D is going to be that good. Defense wins Championships. Trent Dilfer could be our QB. It won't matter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Nick Foles can play the Dilfer role.

I think the secondary is going to be a lot better than people think it will be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.