Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 412 of 501 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 7514
  1. #6166
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,959
    On a Larger Note: Maybe I am being a pessimist but I seriously question the odds of success from this whole offseason in terms of fixing the offense. And let me explain

    I put the odds at about here IMO.

    MItch Starts and the offense succeeds - 15%
    Foles starts and the offense succeeds - 35%
    Neither Make the ofense a success - 50%

    And I will break those numbers down

    MItch at 15 % feels low. And at the beginning of the off season I would agree. Getting these QB guys in..... Defillipo and Lazar. Seems like a good start for hoping that you can get Mitch to make that turn. But I am slowly becoming more wary of this. Mainly because of how crazy this off season might become. These two may have very little time to get with and mold Mitch into anything better. I still think there is a chance that Mitch Steps up on his own. Maybe becomes more aggressive. Less hesitant.... IDK. I mean we have kinda seen he is almost better with his back against the wall. there have been multiple games where he plays pretty well when you need it the most. and This could still happen. Much like when Alex Smiths MVP season came after a top draft pick was added. So I think 15% is reasonable. However as we loose more and more time to this virus I am slowly lowering that number.

    Foles at 35..... Yes this is nearly double mitch. I would have had it closer at the beginning of the offseason but like i said less time.... is actually a favor to Foles IMO. Foles we know can be a solid QB who probably wont win you games but also wont loose to many for you either. He will probably move the sticks. He will Make the right reads. SO I am willing to say its more likely that he ends up the starter and the offense finds success........ BUT I also want to acknowledge that There is a good chance that an AVERAGE QB isnt enough

    50% chance that the offense doesnt right itself. And Honestly This feels high but I am that personally skeptical. We still have Nagy who has been the most stuborn person in the world. We have seen no real glipse of this offense getting better... evolving.... or righting its ship. Last offseason the talk was all about correcting the run game and it was howard to blame. But somehow it got worse. Why does nobody Blame Nagy for this. Somehow you give Nagy HIS CHOICE of RBs and it does not fix the issue at all. And Maybe I am less sold on the idea that the OL coach is so to blame for this. or the offensive Coordinator. Yes we have changed those two but we still have basically the same front line up there. Pending our RG who honestly im unsure if IFedi will be an upgrade. AND AT THIS POINT MENTIONING THE LACK OF OFFSEASON IS HUGE IN REALIZING even if Castillo is a genius he has very little to no time to actually make the changes necessary to right the ship. But even so I tend to think Nagy is more to blame. You cant tell me he doesnt get pass happy. I mean he did have mitch drop back 50+ times in a 1 score Opening night last year. You can tell me Mitch is to blame or MItch is the problem but he sure did show faith in Mitch that game. But most of all. With the Lack of the offense seeming to have corrected the major running game issue that arose when Nagy got here. You cant tell me that if this isnt fixed (which is a huge question mark) that Foles is going to lead a pass happy offense. Mitch either. I have said it b4 and will say it again. the only player in this offseason who could lead a pass happy offense is Brady...... Maybe winston although his deficiency are valid. I mean..... the Jags gave this guy a huge deal to be their franchise QB and gave up after a year. The most any other team was willing to give up was a 5th in Indy. We should be able to recognize that nobody really expect him to be great. And if he isnt GREAT..... and the Run game still SUCKS.... the offense will still have issues.

    Maybe I am wrong though..... Maybe we should blame the OC and OL coach alone. Maybe Castillo is going to fix all the issues. Maybe we can actually run the ball in 2020. But I have serious doubts. And if we cant run the ball this offense will not function pass happy with Mitch.... or Foles. PERIOD.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  2. #6167
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,065
    Uh, Mike Glennon was brought in to start. They just cut Jay and needed a QB...

  3. #6168
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Danville, Pa
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    So Pace went into FA and found a legit-but-not-great starting Qb for $8mil cap hit....

    And a potential 10-yr starter (based on age) RG for UNDER $1 mil cap hit...

    And a legit starting caliber TE for $9 mil GTD...

    and people in here are complaining? And the media is hot-taking this as all bad choices?

    Come on MAN!

  4. #6169
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    323
    Kevin White
    Leonard Floyd
    Mitchell Trubisky

    Pace has to overcompensate in free agency and trades to make up for his incredibly bad drafts. I'm not out on Pace but it's going to be hard to change my mind that he's a GM that can put together a contender.

  5. #6170
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    6,293
    I would also throw in Adam Shaheen even if he is a 2nd rounder. He did move up for him well correct?

    Huge swing and a miss there too!

    I still believe pace is capable but he is going to have to hit a homerun in this draft with limited capital.

  6. #6171
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,959
    Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    I would also throw in Adam Shaheen even if he is a 2nd rounder. He did move up for him well correct?

    Huge swing and a miss there too!

    I still believe pace is capable but he is going to have to hit a homerun in this draft with limited capital.
    to comfirm he traded 36 to Arizona for 45 (Sheheen) and 119 (tarik cohen) and 197 (which was traded to move up for Jackson

    Think he moved down with shaheen.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 04-05-2020 at 04:34 PM.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  7. #6172
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones-in View Post
    Kevin White
    Leonard Floyd
    Mitchell Trubisky

    Pace has to overcompensate in free agency and trades to make up for his incredibly bad drafts. I'm not out on Pace but it's going to be hard to change my mind that he's a GM that can put together a contender.
    Eh, I can forgive him in each case personally. White's injuries kinda tore his career apart from the start, with Floyd there really weren't any apparently better choices. Many will argue Tunsil, but eh? I think Floyd had the highest upside of anyone left by far, so I don't really mind the gamble. With Mitch, he was the concensus top QB prospect in the draft regardless of how people will choose to remember it. We needed a QB, and he took the safest chance he could to fix the position. Unfortunately, even the safest choice isn't always all that safe.

  8. #6173
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,181
    Seems like we actually still have money to play with. Would love if we could find a starter at CB or Safety before the draft. Don't like how many holes we still have.

    Jefferson would be great. Late in FA, he may sign at a bargain price.

    What are the odds Prince would come back cheap? Haven't seen many rumblings about him signing anywhere and would rather start him another year than rely on the random scrubs we've picked up or a mid rounder.

  9. #6174
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    to comfirm he traded 36 to Arizona for 45 (Sheheen) and 119 (tarik cohen) and 197 (which was traded to move up for Jackson

    Think he moved down with shaheen.
    Either way it was a huge miss. Could have drafted many more players than him.

  10. #6175
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,177
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Seems like we actually still have money to play with. Would love if we could find a starter at CB or Safety before the draft. Don't like how many holes we still have.

    Jefferson would be great. Late in FA, he may sign at a bargain price.

    What are the odds Prince would come back cheap? Haven't seen many rumblings about him signing anywhere and would rather start him another year than rely on the random scrubs we've picked up or a mid rounder.
    Did bell sign anywhere? Id prefer von bell over Jefferson.

  11. #6176
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,959
    Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    Either way it was a huge miss. Could have drafted many more players than him.
    I really don't care. U can complain about every draft and basically find missed players by every team. sheheen very similar to white..mm u cant predict injuries.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  12. #6177
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Eh, I can forgive him in each case personally. White's injuries kinda tore his career apart from the start, with Floyd there really weren't any apparently better choices. Many will argue Tunsil, but eh? I think Floyd had the highest upside of anyone left by far, so I don't really mind the gamble. With Mitch, he was the concensus top QB prospect in the draft regardless of how people will choose to remember it. We needed a QB, and he took the safest chance he could to fix the position. Unfortunately, even the safest choice isn't always all that safe.
    Agreed.

  13. #6178
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,154
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Eh, I can forgive him in each case personally. White's injuries kinda tore his career apart from the start, with Floyd there really weren't any apparently better choices. Many will argue Tunsil, but eh? I think Floyd had the highest upside of anyone left by far, so I don't really mind the gamble. With Mitch, he was the concensus top QB prospect in the draft regardless of how people will choose to remember it. We needed a QB, and he took the safest chance he could to fix the position. Unfortunately, even the safest choice isn't always all that safe.
    Even with Tunsil, he's wanting the biggest LT contract in the league right now. He's good, but not elite, and certainly not worth that kinda money. You can argue the OL is in better shape right now, but you're probably maxed out financially if he's making huge money. You probably can't afford a guy like Quinn either.

  14. #6179
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,154
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Seems like we actually still have money to play with. Would love if we could find a starter at CB or Safety before the draft. Don't like how many holes we still have.

    Jefferson would be great. Late in FA, he may sign at a bargain price.

    What are the odds Prince would come back cheap? Haven't seen many rumblings about him signing anywhere and would rather start him another year than rely on the random scrubs we've picked up or a mid rounder.
    I've wondered the same about Prince. I'd be glad to welcome him back and put off addressing CB for another year.

  15. #6180
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I really don't care. U can complain about every draft and basically find missed players by every team. sheheen very similar to white..mm u cant predict injuries.
    Again wasn't complaining(yeah I know you weren't saying I was or maybe you were) lol pace has hit on a few late rounders as well. So like my post originally stated I do still think Pace is still capable of finishing this roster and making it a winning/championship caliber team.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •