Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/sta...556333056?s=19

Found that REALLY interesting. I've always respected Riddick's opinion a lot; and as an open Mitch supporter in the past... He does a 180 here.
    That was interesting.

Being a supporter of Mitch myself, he's right. Mitch hasn't been consistent. Pace needs to bring in a vet and draft a QB. If Mitch somehow levels out and becomes consistent, great. If he doesn't, you have other options.

Look, I hate the fact that Pace gave up so much to get Mitch. But is what it is what it is. You can't change history. It would be great to see an investment work out. That's really all I wanted to see. But at this point in time, you have plan for a possibility that Mitch won't.

I still think Mitch has talent, but he is way to inconsistent.

This will be his last year as a Bear if he can't turn it around

If this postseason taught us anything, it's that the division is still very winnable. I don't know if that equates to postseason success or not and I don't know if I trust Pace enough to make the right moves. But here's hoping we have a strong enough offseason to get back into the playoff mix next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    If this postseason taught us anything, it's that the division is still very winnable. I don't know if that equates to postseason success or not and I don't know if I trust Pace enough to make the right moves. But here's hoping we have a strong enough offseason to get back into the playoff mix next season.
    A middle of the pack QB wins us the division IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    A middle of the pack QB wins us the division IMO.
    Agreed.

I'm not sure they'd go far in the Playoffs, but I think they'd have put up a better fight than that ****** Packers team.

Agreed.

I'm not sure they'd go far in the Playoffs, but I think they'd have put up a better fight than that ****** Packers team.
    If the defense can get back to 2018 form, I think they can go all the way. Big if though.

If the defense can get back to 2018 form, I think they can go all the way. Big if though.
    It was a lack of motivation that regressed the defense. Weeks 1-4 they looked as dominant as any defense with us being 3-1. But when the offense when completely south, resulting in the defense being on the field all game, they just didnít seem to have the intensity anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lack of Akiem Hicks didn't help either.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    You can cut a lot more than those two players, some of which you mentioned, and others you didn't. Floyd (no way he's worth $13), Prince (Tolliver has played well, albeit a limited sample), Long's retirement, Leno (post June 1), Gabriel (a luxury + this is a very strong WR class), and Shaheen (sucks, not even worth the $1M) is over $50M. Factor in contract restructures (already happened with Fuller), a cap increase, and you might be around $55M. Can probably fill a couple of those positions with draft picks (I'd aim for LT & WR), one or two in FA (OLB - bargain or extend Floyd at a much lower number, TE, RG), one or two internally (CB).

I'm not suggesting it's going to be easy, but it is doable while still addressing most of those needs. Pace will have to make hard choices to maximize the limited window they're in. Going back to Trubisky and not even exploring a better QB alternative (in that $15-20M range) is likely going to get him fired. I would hope he realizes that.
    First I mention Floyd and Prince. you have to replace them. Thats 2 while not impactful Key starters for us and its not cheap to replace either of them. Longs retirment is already factored into the original 16 million. Leno..... your going to cut Leno Basically at the begining of training camp when FA are picked over and have no starting LT. Come on man. this is both Unrealistic and just comical to bring up. Lets make our OL worse for an average QB.

and after that Shaheen. may not be worth 1 mil.... but whoever you roster is making close if not more than that to replace his Body.

You cant just sugest cutting all these guys and not have valid replacements to offer. its why the idea of spending So much on a QB is stupid. Your bidding with every other team for these Bargain guys too. no telling we can get anyone to replace Prince for Floyd for less than they currently make.

And to me.... it's why Keenum is the perfect guy he has tallent. he isnt Much worse than any of the guys listed. and could offer you a solid Pivot without costing you your OLB.... Starting CB and Left Tackle.

Im just looking at the numbers...... realistically. We have to many issues to think One QB that a team doesnt want solves the rest of these very real issues

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I'd also call San Francisco and see what they want for Nick Mullens. He wouldn't be a flashy pick up, but he played well under Shanahan last year. He was just a couple spots from being a middle of the pack QB based on DVOA and rated higher than Trubisky, Cousins, Stafford, Carr and Dak. Only 24, he's an ERFA so his contract is dirt cheap for a couple more years too. If you're bringing in competition and don't want to spend much, he's a guy worth pursuing IMO. Just depends on what San Fran's asking price is.
    Id love Mullens..... but they would trade Bethard and Keep him IMO. Im honestly not sure they are fully convinced if Jimmy G. I mean 17-27 for 201 Yards 1TD and 1 INT doesnt look great. especially combined with the fact Thats 2 games worth of stats

-Rem Koolhaas

Foles and Smith below average? That's a low IQ statement.
    the guy Benched for a 6th round rok and a guy who hasnt played in 2 years would not be considered Bellow average. enlighten me.

-Rem Koolhaas

(1) The most pivotal decision made thus far (and unsurprisingly the first) was hiring Juan Castillo to rebuild the offensive line/run game. How did that happen? Itís pretty simple. Matt Nagy is in constant communication with Andy Reid, his mentor and friend. Reidís recommendation was to get the run game fixed by getting Castillo. (And Andy was instrumental on making it happen.) This offense doesnít want to be run first. But it needs to be run effectively. And under Helfrich/Hiestand, the rushing attack was disjointed and wildly ineffective. Relying on RPO concepts meant relying on the quarterback to make the right decision. He didnít do that very often in 2019. Castillo will move the run game back down the hill.

(2) Nagy and Pat Shurmur had a deal done. Shurmur was going to be the next Bears offensive coordinator. But a day after I got word of the agreement, I got another word: ďHeís got options.Ē The allure of Philly was strong. Shurmur is pissed off at the Giants and wanted to play them twice a year. The allure of Cleveland grew, even though he was fired there, because he has deep affinity for new head coach Kevin Stefanski. But ultimately it was Vic Fangio giving him the keys to the offensive kingdom in Denver that won the day. Now heíll run half that program, nurture a young, talented QB and perhaps get himself a third shot at a head coaching gig.

[Side note: Shurmur was not turned off by working with Trubisky.]

(3) John DeFilippo interviewed to be the head coach of the Bears in 2018 and, since then, his star has been rapidly falling in the league. Why? Because many folks in the league donít believe Flip is a play-caller. Heís a leader of men. Heís a teacher. Heís great on the whiteboard and even better on the sideline. But his talents are misused trying to figure out which run to call on third-and-one. Flip will make every QB in the 2020 QB room better. Now itís just a matter of finding out who is going to be in that room.

(4) On that point, itís not hard to see the promotion of Dave Ragone to passing game coordinator and the hiring of both Flip and Bill Lazor as pro-Mitch Trubisky maneuvers. But Iíve been told explicitly that is not the case. Yes, the Bears have to prepare as if Mitch is the starting quarterback in September because thereís no GUARANTEE they can find a better option in free agency or the draft. (Iíd argue that since Mitch was not ranked higher than 28th in any meaningful QB metric, almost every quarterback is a better option.) Someone is coming to Chicago to compete with Mitch. And I find it hard to believe that person wonít win the job.

(5) After the season is over, every team does a self-evaluation of every single element of their organization. A few things Iíve heard:

Khalil Mack was dominant, even if that didnít translate to the box score. (And he dealt with neck and back issues all season.)
    Leonard Floydís grades were positive in everything but the pass rush department. Heís a versatile player, great in coverage, but heís never going to be dominant off the edge. Bears know they need to target the edge.
    Ryan Pace calling the offensive line a ďrealĒ issue was about these grades. Every single offensive lineman graded down from a year ago. (Cody Whitehair the least significant of the bunch.) But the team doesnít believe it was a talent issue. They believe it was a scheme/coaching issue.
    Bears have serious decisions to make at inside linebacker this off-season. Danny Trevathan, Nick Kwiatkoski and KPL all graded extremely high.
    Anthony Millerís season grades read like two different players. He couldnít get lined up for the first month or so. He couldnít run a route. He was the lowest-graded offensive player through the first six games. And then the light went on. They expect a hundred-catch season in 2020. (If the QB gets him the ball.)
    I know there are doubts about this guys sources. But if this is true it's somewhat encouraging.

https://dabearsblog.com/2020/thought...-season-so-far

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I know there are doubts about this guys sources. But if this is true it's somewhat encouraging.

https://dabearsblog.com/2020/thought...-season-so-far
    I think his source is someone in the media. My guess would be Adam Jahns since he's had him on his podcast several times.

The info about Mitch is encouraging because even if it's someone like Keenum, I wouldn't be shocked if he beat out Mitch.

Makes a lot of sense considering he moved to Florida. He's better than Carson Palmer(career wise), could see him having one or two more great years in Tampa with Arians.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Completely Forgot we have ILB issues too. Smith will obviously Start. But do we retain Trevathan..... or Kwit. Or find a replacement. another thing to add to the list of issues we need To Address

Starting S (To replace Haha)
    Starting RG (Unless your confident in Coward)
    Starting LB (To play with Roquan)
    At minimum a QB to Pivot to (If Mitch cant be Fixed done)
    Some sort of TE because we cant have a repeat of last year (Id prefer to solve it with Henry or Hopper But we need better)

with 26 or so mil. (that's with Longs Retirement, and Paterson and Gabriel Cut)

Add OLB Potentially to that list.

Just don't see a way we can Afford one of these QBs. Dalton may be an option if he is cut. But I dont see why they would. He will likely Mentor for Burrow unless somebody trades for him.

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast