Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Pace should be fired on the spot if he picks up that 5th year option.
    Um, he's going to pick it up. I'm pretty sure they have to decide in May. You can't really say the guy is your starter then tell him your not going to pick up his contract next year. You might as well cut him...which might be the best choice realistically, but we all know that is not going to happen. The option gets picked up, they bring in a veteran to challenge and we all sit back and watch to see what happens. I'm pretty sure that the option is only guaranteed for injury, that's what I read about Leonard Floyd, would assume the same for Trubisky.
    Now if he sucks all year in 2020 and he's still on the team in 2021 @ $25M per - yeah, Pace needs to go.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Um, he's going to pick it up. I'm pretty sure they have to decide in May. You can't really say the guy is your starter then tell him your not going to pick up his contract next year. You might as well cut him...which might be the best choice realistically, but we all know that is not going to happen. The option gets picked up, they bring in a veteran to challenge and we all sit back and watch to see what happens. I'm pretty sure that the option is only guaranteed for injury, that's what I read about Leonard Floyd, would assume the same for Trubisky.
    Now if he sucks all year in 2020 and he's still on the team in 2021 @ $25M per - yeah, Pace needs to go.
    Actually, you can. Pace didn't say anything about long-term commitments. It would be incredibly stupid to pick up the option with what he's shown so far.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if this incompetent organization picked up his option.

Iím one of few Mitch ...patiently waiting observers? (Canít say supporter or apologist or anything at this point)...and I think picking up the 5th is dumb.

If heís great, then we gamble and resign. If heís not, then we move on.

Picking up the 5th either way is dumb.

I don't think Trubisky could handle it mentally if they don't pick up his option. He seems to me the type to perform poorly when he doubts himself. Picking up the option is a vote of confidence. Dont pick it up and Trubisky is in his head all season. "Why dont they like me?"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by timov8 View Post
    I don't think Trubisky could handle it mentally if they don't pick up his option. He seems to me the type to perform poorly when he doubts himself. Picking up the option is a vote of confidence. Dont pick it up and Trubisky is in his head all season. "Why dont they like me?"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Heís still goin suck either way. All the more reason to move on if he canít handle his option not being picked up. The kid is so fragile and sheltered itís ridiculous. Doesnít seem to have any life experience. Canít handle adversity. Canít run the RPO. Canít read defenses per Nagy, and isnít consistently accurate lol. He provides nothing. Get him outta here already.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Actually, you can. Pace didn't say anything about long-term commitments. It would be incredibly stupid to pick up the option with what he's shown so far.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if this incompetent organization picked up his option.
    You are obviously not getting something here - and that's ok - I think it would be incredibly stupid to actually GUARANTEE that money in the fifth year option at this point and equally stupid to sabotage 2020 by committing to not picking up now. Opinions vary, and just like *******s, we all have one. There is nothing gained IMO by showing all of your cards at this point in the game.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

It just makes no sense to pick up the option on a guy that could conceivably lose his job in training camp. That is, unless Pace is too spineless to bring in any real competition, then that's a whole other issue.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-14-2020 at 04:53 PM.

You are obviously not getting something here - and that's ok - I think it would be incredibly stupid to actually GUARANTEE that money in the fifth year option at this point and equally stupid to sabotage 2020 by committing to not picking up now. Opinions vary, and just like *******s, we all have one. There is nothing gained IMO by showing all of your cards at this point in the game.
    Except it's not, and that's clearly what you're not getting. You can make all the assumptions you want. I'm going off of what I and everyone else saw. There is no reason to pick up the 5th year. It's pretty obvious that, barring an unlikely turnaround, this is Mitch's last year in Chicago. Picking up his option can do more harm to Pace's already tarnished reputation and the morale of the team than it does for helping Trubisky.

Not to mention the fact that they'd owe him 25m. Mitch isn't worth half of that.
    Last edited by DaBear; 01-14-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Guys theyíre absolutely going to pick up that option. Why? Because this is how this incompetent organization operates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm Mitch, the second they pick up the option I'm going to get a scope on my shoulder to make it fully guaranteed.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Of course they will pick up the option.. It's fairly obvious they are comfortable letting Mitch decide all of their fates.. So they better be getting their resumes updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    If I'm Mitch, the second they pick up the option I'm going to get a scope on my shoulder to make it fully guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It just makes no sense to pick up the option on a guy that could conceivably lose his job in training camp. That is, unless Pace is too spineless to bring in any real competition, then that's a whole other issue.
    I've given him the benefit of the doubt to this point that his faith in Mitch is just a publicity thing, but my perspective would take a complete 180 into "wow this guy is completely delusional and stupid" if he actually did extend it.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Of course they will pick up the option.. It's fairly obvious they are comfortable letting Mitch decide all of their fates.. So they better be getting their resumes updated!
    The positive of rolling into next season with Mitch as the starter is Pace will be gone after that.

The unfortunate thing to me, is we wouldn't be able to see Nagy with a competent qb.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Its not like there are going to be teams lining up to sign this guy long term at the end of next season if his option isnít picked up. If the Bears decline the option and he improves next season canít they sign him for less money? If he did improve some and left in free agency I think we would all get over it pretty quick. What I wonít get over is him showing some marginal improvement, Pace is still desperate and delusional, and this scrub takes up $25 mil of cap space.

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast