Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    When people say Nagy should have ran more I formation I donít believe theyíre saying he should have ran it every play or 70% of the snaps. He should have mixed it in more though. And it shouldnít have took 5 weeks or however how many games passed before Nagy sucked it up, and ran what ďhe wasnít brought here to run.Ē Such a bizarre statement it still baffles me.

He had some very bad game plans, play calls, and he general game flow/decision blunders. I get it - People are going to point to Mitch like it absolves Nagy of this, but it doesnít. You donít need tom brady to make smarter coaching decisions. I hate that argument. Now sure, he would look better with a better QB...but Iím concerned with what I saw from him this season.

Not that this matters now because heís going to be back and Mitch likely will too. If they DO stick with Mitch like theyíre saying, and the goal of the off season is to shore up the OL and upgrade at TE, Nagy is going to have to do things differently. Heís going to have to win ugly and run more than he ideally wants. He has to realize Mitch isnít a guy you should ever have throw 50 times a game. In a one score game. Against nickel/dime looks. Heís going to have to maybe help his kicker out and at least run the ball at the end of the game to give him a better chance. Maybe even a play action pass. He said he was aggressive when he came here. And for the love of god, stop running RPO. Mitch canít run it.
    Our Run plays were so unimaginative. Also we only had 1 option at RB, and he was rookie that hasn't really proven anything. Cohen to me was always overrated, and his east and west running was never going to be sustainable. We need to address our Run Game big time this offseason. Starting with O Line, then adding depth, and finally putting in a proper run scheme. Our offense was predictable all season. Especially if our run game didn't start strong. We would just abandon it even in close low scoring games. Someone needs to teach Nagy that often times, running the ball gets better as a game progresses and defenses get worn down. Kind of how our Run D looked good early, but would look average later in games when our defense was severely fatigued from our lack of ball control.

Bears hire Bill Lazor for OC per Rapoport.

The obvious connection to make is with Andy Dalton. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Bears hire Bill Lazor for OC per Rapoport.

The obvious connection to make is with Andy Dalton. Coincidence?
    Maybe, maybe not. Nagy tried to bring him in in 2018 too if I remember correctly. And I donít think Dalton was on his way out at that time. Still interesting nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't pretend to know anything about him, besides his offenses being below average the two years his was the Bengals OC. Maybe they're bringing him in for the Dalton connection, but he's pretty low on my list as far as available QB's go.

Disappointing they couldn't get Schurmur.

God Please No on Dalton. His career playoff numbers are awful!

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    God Please No on Dalton. His career playoff numbers are awful!
    They are awful, but it's only 4 games

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Heavy RPOs= Mitch will make some BAADDD decisions
    Broncos be like:

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I don't want Dalton.... i would rather go after Keenum. Dalton being better than Mitch really is just looking at the grass as allways greener. His cost too is not ideal. i doubt he gets cut. We would have to trade for him and he is making 16 mil is a ton to pay for such an average replacement.

Case Keenum at 5 mil is a much better option than Dalton at 16 + whatever we need to trade for him.

I mean does anyone really think Dalton really gets us close to a superbowl?

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...post-id=164618

Mike Sando of The Athletic*takes a look into the upcoming fifth-year option decisions that teams will have to make on their 2017 first-rounders. The entire piece is worth a read, and itís notable that most of Sandoís sources believe the*Bears*will exercise the $25MM option on QB*Mitchell Trubisky.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...post-id=164618

Mike Sando of The Athletic*takes a look into the upcoming fifth-year option decisions that teams will have to make on their 2017 first-rounders. The entire piece is worth a read, and itís notable that most of Sandoís sources believe the*Bears*will exercise the $25MM option on QB*Mitchell Trubisky.
    If they exercise that busts option for $25 mil the fan base should boycott Soldier Field. Ryan Pace will have to wear body armor when he goes out in public. It makes no sense other than a desperate GM who made an all time historic draft blunder refusing to accept it and ownership/management not giving a crap. Watching what Mahomes did on Sunday just makes me want to puke, Pace will never get another GM job again after this one.

Why do these things happen in Chicago sports, WHY?

Exercising the option doesn't really mean much, it's only guaranteed for injury. Floyd is in the same situation right now.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Pace should be fired on the spot if he picks up that 5th year option.

If Pace does get fired after this season for more boneheaded choices I think we will set a record for executive futility. Our last 3 GMs have become GMs elsewhere

Angelo: Out of Football
    Emery: Demote to a Scout for the Falcons
    Pace:???
    Broncos be like:

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    If Pace does get fired after this season for more boneheaded choices I think we will set a record for executive futility. Our last 3 GMs have become GMs elsewhere

Angelo: Out of Football
    Emery: Demote to a Scout for the Falcons
    Pace:???
    Pace is the best of the 3 and really, if he would have only picked Mahomes or Watson, we would all be singing his praises. He won executive of the year last year lol....his biggest blemish is picking Mitch. Other than that, heís been good. Itís a fireable offense, but his overall body of work has been good. And before people point out bad picks like Shaheen, every GM has them. Unfortunately for him, he screwed up the most important decision.

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast