Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Laat time I checked, when you have a great defense, a ball control offense will make it easy to win games and control the clock.

In our case, we had a great defense, but our terrible 3 and out offense put too much strain on said great defense.

I know some were down on our defense this year but if you watched most of our games, youíd realize that our defense was doing their part the majority of the game. It was a bad offense that couldnít stay on the field that killed our defense.
    If we had even a decent offense, we probably have the top scoring D in the league.

Itís pretty alarming when your offense is bottom 5 in scoring, and you have a coach thatís supposed to be an offensive wiz. Thatís kind of unforgivable on my eyes. We are squandering one of the best defenses in the league right now. Thatís why if there is a QB that we can grab this offseason, you jump at the chance. Teddy Bridgewater would be perfect IMO. The way he played as a starter for the Saints was exactly the type of play that would maximize our defenses effectiveness

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Itís pretty alarming when your offense is bottom 5 in scoring, and you have a coach thatís supposed to be an offensive wiz. Thatís kind of unforgivable on my eyes. We are squandering one of the best defenses in the league right now. Thatís why if there is a QB that we can grab this offseason, you jump at the chance. Teddy Bridgewater would be perfect IMO. The way he played as a starter for the Saints was exactly the type of play that would maximize our defenses effectiveness
    Does Payton, OL, Kamara and Thomas come with him? Bridge water is going to be over payed and heís not very good. Hard pass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Does Payton, OL, Kamara and Thomas come with him? Bridge water is going to be over payed and heís not very good. Hard pass for me.
    Correct, Bridgewater is overrated because of what he had around him, he wouldn't be an upgrade at all, especially not for the money he'll want.

https://sportsmockery.com/2020/01/pa...d-we-know-why/

There's a good reason to believe Shurmur chose Denver because he likes Lock. Prefers him over Mitch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

There's a good reason to believe Shurmur chose Denver because he likes Lock. Prefers him over Mitch.

Stands to reason he would if he wanted the front office to draft him, is what it is, probably going to go get Kafka or now Defilippo

Quote Originally Posted by Daktothefuture View Post
    Stands to reason he would if he wanted the front office to draft him, is what it is, probably going to go get Kafka or now Defilippo
    I'd like Defilippo

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I think thereís good reason to believe he wants to call plays, have control of offense, and yes...probably does prefer lock over Mitch. Doesnít sound like Nagy is even considering relinquishing play calling duties so this is kind of a moot point. Even if the bears had a good QB, why would Shurmur, who was just a HC, come here to be Nagys coffee maker?

I'd like Defilippo

The guy who got fired during the season in his first year in Minny and also fired again in Jax? Not sure heís the guy.

Exactly, and people wonder where a lot of fans get the idea that he wouldn't give up his playcalling to someone like Shurmur if he came here, fact is Nagy tries to run this offense like he's still in Kansas City and he's either too much of an idiot or too stubborn to realize that we don't have even half the personnel they do in any facet, in the words of Stephen A. Smith, stay off the weeeddddd
    I hate hate hate this argument. He's been head coach for 2 years! This was his second season as a HC.

He came in as a 1st year head coach (second year calling plays) and did quite well. He had fun with trick plays and was successful. Second season as head coach, play caller, **** didn't work. You expect your head coach to just give up because it isn't working a few games in? I'd be more concerned with a guy giving up play calling, especially when he was hired to do that, just after a few games. He's trying to build an identity. If he was tenured head coach or play caller, i'd totally agree (Reid 3 years ago), but what worked last year wasn't working this year and he doubled down to try and figure it out, make it work, not just bail on everything he's built known and just win now. It's his offense, having him give up play calling is basically telling Pace he has no faith in himself, his offense he runs. Patience. And how do any of us know if he did or didn't change a lot of stuff.

Yep. Itís obvious. When a coach says something like ďthey didnít bring me in to run such and suchĒ itís ****ing alarming. He was hired to win games and run what works and adjust what doesnít. You need to be flexible and adaptable. You canít really favor one particular style or have biases. Itís clear as day that Nagy is stubborn to a fault. The fact that Mitch sucks makes it that much worse. What do you do when your QB sucks? You certainly donít throw it 40+ snd 50+ times against GB who played nickel and dime packages exclusively. That has nothing to do with Mitch sucking. Thatís our HC being stubborn and quite frankly, coaching like a moron.
    he does need to be adaptable, but to what extend do we know? he might have thrown out 40% of the playbook and created all new stuff, but that didn't work. i mean he could have tried all kinds of stuff that didn't work because, well the offense was just bad. Arob was awesome, but watching film, most of the WR barely got open, zero te and bad online. (he basically dropped all TE plays) we all know the excuses, but we have no idea what nagy did or didn't do. i'm tired of this power I offense argument. yeah it might have worked time to time, but if that's all we ran, we would have eventually been stopped and pushed to do the other crap that wasn't working. This isn't tecmo bowl, as Nagy eloquently put it, there is a lot to it and it blows me away that people are like "he's stubborn and didn't try things." i think he tried a lot of things, and plays that did work, we saw them game after game after game after game. things that didn't, we didn't seem them much more. There is a lot more at play then just saying run the power I 50 times a game and we'll win easy. What happens if we fall behind 14 nothing in the 1st quarter... just keep running the power I guys, we'll just only run that. pushing the offense to perform plays that aren't working or too risky could be devastating. this offense was messed up before the season started. Week 1 he wanted Patterson out there a lot, then we hardly ever saw patterson out there. remember that pitch pass to the TE cutting up in the A gap we ran like 10 times last year, never ran it once this season cause we had zero TE. i think he did a lot of adjustments.

if someone wants to go through and prove to me that the same offensive sets, formations, play calls were the same or mostly the same week 1 and week 17, i'd totally be okay with agreeing that Nagy is stubborn, but i highly highly doubt he called the same offense and just ignored doing what worked because it "wasn't his"

The guy who got fired during the season in his first year in Minny and also fired again in Jax? Not sure heís the guy.
    Yeah not a Defilippo fan at all, he's done nothing.

DeFilippo was just canned as well....

Red flag obviously being that he's been fired twice in two years and doesn't appear to be the greatest OC, but he was quite good as a QB-Coach.

Might be worth kicking the tires on it, since Nagy is still effectively the real O-Coordinator, and DeFilipo could then dedicate most of his time trying to fix mitch.

EDIT: Disregard, apparently its been mentioned already and discussed above
    Last edited by Epyon; 01-13-2020 at 05:09 PM.

When people say Nagy should have ran more I formation I donít believe theyíre saying he should have ran it every play or 70% of the snaps. He should have mixed it in more though. And it shouldnít have took 5 weeks or however how many games passed before Nagy sucked it up, and ran what ďhe wasnít brought here to run.Ē Such a bizarre statement it still baffles me.

He had some very bad game plans, play calls, and he general game flow/decision blunders. I get it - People are going to point to Mitch like it absolves Nagy of this, but it doesnít. You donít need tom brady to make smarter coaching decisions. I hate that argument. Now sure, he would look better with a better QB...but Iím concerned with what I saw from him this season.

Not that this matters now because heís going to be back and Mitch likely will too. If they DO stick with Mitch like theyíre saying, and the goal of the off season is to shore up the OL and upgrade at TE, Nagy is going to have to do things differently. Heís going to have to win ugly and run more than he ideally wants. He has to realize Mitch isnít a guy you should ever have throw 50 times a game. In a one score game. Against nickel/dime looks. Heís going to have to maybe help his kicker out and at least run the ball at the end of the game to give him a better chance. Maybe even a play action pass. He said he was aggressive when he came here. And for the love of god, stop running RPO. Mitch canít run it.

Yeah completely done seeing RPO for sure.

Correct, Bridgewater is overrated because of what he had around him, he wouldn't be an upgrade at all, especially not for the money he'll want.
    I don't think Bridgewater is going to get this grand contract everyone expects. At least not yet. But I wouldn't necessarily call him overrated, and I would like to think he could manage a competent offense better than Mitch Trubisky. What will the competition be for signing him?

Teams that need a QB:

Chicago
    Carolina (Likely move on from Cam and are a legit landing spot)
    Cincy (they'll be drafting Joe Burrow)
    Jags (they aren't signing another QB after signing Foles)
    Chargers (I think they resign Rivers and draft his backup/future replacement)
    Dolphins (I expect them to take Tua and keep Fitzpatrick as their starter until he's healthy)
    Pats (They'll bring back Brady and probably look to draft a future replacement)
    Raiders (Have to much invested in Carr to put money in a FA. They'll have to draft one)
    Tampa (They are 1 of a small group that could be interested)

So of the teams that don't have a recently drafted QB, the Bears, Panthers, Bucs are the legitimate options, with the Chargers as a long shot. I don't see him getting a King's ransom with the limited options.

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast