Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 284 of 408 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 6107
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I mean, sure, you gotta upgrade wherever you can. That's something every team needs to do.

It's pretty easy to argue that the biggest weakness here is QB though, and even with upgrades around Mitch, it won't matter either. There's a very defined ceiling here with him as the starter.

Also, I don't think the point of the tweet is it should be strictly Andy Dalton, but any upgrade, or basic level of competency, would go a long way. There's plenty of them available in this market. Settling for another season of Mitch is a decision that doesn't make sense.

Lol...my post had nothing to do with sticking with Mitch. It had to do with the obvious glaring demand for the run game to improve exponentially or none of these middle of the road QBs are going to do much of anything. The run game is critical, and very few teams had a worse running attack than the Bears last season. Even a solid run game makes a decent QB look better. So whether it be Dalton, Carr, Keenum, whoever - That run game better become a strength next year.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Side Note: This is what I think it would likely take in order to us to get to the #1 pick to trade for Burrow.

1) TRADE with the Redskins..... Mack + our #43 pick to the redskins for the #2. Am I sure this gets it done. No.... not at all. But I dont think its that far off. AND WHY.... Because we absorb some 30 mil of dead cap from Khalil Mack. What does that mean. It means they are getting him for instead of 26 mil a year.... closer to 21.... which is alot of cap space to use. I Also wonder if they dont try and pawn off Alex smiths contract on us too. And why Washington.... because thats the rumor.

2) Trade with the Bengles. And this is where it gets interesting. TRADE #2....... #50..... A Future 1st..... AND.... WAIT FOR IT...... MITCH TRUBISKY. Why would they want Mitch.... Well Insert everything about Ohio kid and Burrow and Say they get Mitch to compete with Dalton. They also get an elite defensive END Young Also Ohio tied (....... Potential help on the OL with 50..... and a Future 1st Which if the QB thing doesnt work out.... May be their way to go get Trevor Lawrence. Its a ton to give up. But honestly I think in their FO they are going to have questions lurking on if they should take Young and Bolster their D anyway.

I just think the Bengles (who feel so far off right now) are going to look at that pick and say.... if we can get a haul that can turn us around in a handful of years. Maybe its worth it. Look at the Haul the Redskins gave up for RGIII.... and how that really helped to rebuild the Rams .

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

And Once again. I do not think that the Burrow trade Will happen. But I think if there is even a chance you could get your hands on a 23 year old QB who will be a top 10 player for years and not have to worry about the QB again. You do it. No matter the cost. You take a 23 year old Wilson and you build around that. You take a 23 year old Rodgers.... Brady.... Manning.... and you make it work. You figure out the rest after words.

But if you get it wrong. Everyone is gone. And you **** this team over for a while.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Lol...my post had nothing to do with sticking with Mitch. It had to do with the obvious glaring demand for the run game to improve exponentially or none of these middle of the road QBs are going to do much of anything. The run game is critical, and very few teams had a worse running attack than the Bears last season. Even a solid run game makes a decent QB look better. So whether it be Dalton, Carr, Keenum, whoever - That run game better become a strength next year.
    You highlighted how he's better, but not great, when a RB performs at a certain level. I understood your point, but I don't agree with it being the end all be all to a functioning offense. I'd argue having a legitimate passing threat will improve the run game too. Yes, the OL needs an upgrade or two, no denying that.

Just saying, whether it's the run game, or any other area you want to upgrade, I don't believe it'll matter because you're still stuck with a terrible QB. That should be priority number 1, by a ****ing mile.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 02-14-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Norman has been washed for years. Big no thanks.

Who on here really believes that if we had a good/very good TE, RB and (2) above average OL added and kept the defense intact we would not have a good shot at winning the division?

We need to keep things in perspective. Should have advanced in the playoffs in 2018 but barely missed out by a missed FG. Could have went to the playoffs in 2019 but Pinero misses in the Chargers game and many other times as well where Nagy doesn't trust him and the guy runs into the kicker and loses the Raiders game.

If we add the right parts to this offense we got a really good chance at wining the division. Would really like for us to get a reliable kicker.

If we do have a chance to get Burrow for Mack and a 1st probably would do it since everyone has already given up on Trubisky but not sure if we have the firepower to pull off a trade like that. No way should we trade Mack though just to trade up and get young.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    You highlighted how he's better, but not great, when a RB performs at a certain level. I understood your point, but I don't agree with it being the end all be all to a functioning offense. I'd argue having a legitimate passing threat will improve the run game too. Yes, the OL needs an upgrade or two, no denying that.

Just saying, whether it's the run game, or any other area you want to upgrade, I don't believe it'll matter because you're still stuck with a terrible QB. That should be priority number 1, by a ****ing mile.
    There just arenít any QBs available that are legitimate passing threats to elevate this offense without any other upgrades at WR, TE, OL....just way too many holes in this current roster. At least in free agency. If someone falls in the draft, thatís a different story, but eventually they need to find a guy in the draft.

Tying up another 10-20 million in an average to below average QB just does nothing at all. The bears would have a better chance winning next year with trubisky and a pass rusher at that price in my eyes.

Tannehill wasnít the reason they made the AFC championship game. The dude had 150 yards in TWO combined games. It was defense and running game that got them there. This dude is in for a rude awakening if he leaves TN.

Quote Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
    Who on here really believes that if we had a good/very good TE, RB and (2) above average OL added and kept the defense intact we would not have a good shot at winning the division?

We need to keep things in perspective. Should have advanced in the playoffs in 2018 but barely missed out by a missed FG. Could have went to the playoffs in 2019 but Pinero misses in the Chargers game and many other times as well where Nagy doesn't trust him and the guy runs into the kicker and loses the Raiders game.

If we add the right parts to this offense we got a really good chance at wining the division. Would really like for us to get a reliable kicker.

If we do have a chance to get Burrow for Mack and a 1st probably would do it since everyone has already given up on Trubisky but not sure if we have the firepower to pull off a trade like that. No way should we trade Mack though just to trade up and get young.
    i AGREE... ONLY WAY YOU DO IT IS FOR BURROW. And thats if you Think he is a FOR SURE TOP 10 QB in this league. An Adrew Luck esk prospect who is going to elevate the offense for the next 15 years.

But I will also add. Im on the First Boat as well. I think if you get a TE.... and the OL moving guys in the run game. I think this offense may turn itself around. Im not even convinced that Mitch would not be fine if those changes were made. but we also need a backup option. (dalton.... Carr... Cam.... Keenum) Because if he cant figure it out year 4 with All the help you could want. Its time to move on.

ITs fun to talk about though.... Burrow would redefine our teams projection.... I personally think it would be worth it. This window is shrinking if Mitch cant figure it out... or if you cant land a QB who can in FA this year. So if its time to pull the plug for a Franchise level QB, Id be fine. But I personally doubt it happens.

But I seriously want us to Attack TE. Despite who we have at QB... our TE room needs to be changed. The OL.... we need help... but im personally under the impression that the OL coaching staff is going to have more to do with any improvements than 1 single player will. (though we do need to add somebody still IMO) This offseason is going to be interesting isnt it. The QB movements..... Potential trades. Potential cuts to make room for our rosters needs. I am excited to see the direction we take.

-Rem Koolhaas

SIDE NOTE: RAIDERS PREPARED TO OFFER BRADY 2-60.... i kinda hope they land him.... just for the fact that i would not mind Carr being added to the list of QBs who could come in and compete. I dont love Carr But Outside of BRADY I dont love anyone else anyway.

-Rem Koolhaas

If available, Carr would be my number one. Itís still possible he gets cut too. QB market is deep this year. Probably wishful thinking, but you never know.

If available, Carr would be my number one. Itís still possible he gets cut too. QB market is deep this year. Probably wishful thinking, but you never know.
    I've come around on Carr. His accuracy is miles better than Trubisky, gets rid of the ball quicker, and he puts the ball where his receivers can get some YAC. Those are all pretty crucial for this offense.

His contract is great too. There's very little dead cap or guaranteed money left. It's really easy to move on from after this season, if they decide to go a different route. Plus, it's not outrageously expensive like a lot of these current (and future) $30M+ AAV QB deals.

I'd even give up an early day 3 pick for him (4th round comp pick), assuming the Raiders are ready to move on. It seems like they are given the Brady rumors.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 02-15-2020 at 02:31 AM.

Carr is fine. Like i said i am more than willing to at least bring in competition that will be able to step up and be a competent qb if mitch cant (i dont think carr means mitch isnt given a shot by any means)

i just have this odd feeling.... That similarly to the vikings..... The idea of a qb making you elite is probably less likely than many would like to believe. I just think in theory many vikings fans are saying the same thing alot of our fans our. And that is that a mid range to higher teir qb would put us over the top. And we saw that just cause you get a cousins caliber guy (which unless we are getting brady we are not getting better) your not necessarily going to drastically improve the offense.

-Rem Koolhaas

Does it, though? Alex Smith isnít better than what I think anyone would say is average. He was a good fit for Andy Reidís system though and made all the layups. The running game, save for the end of his tenure with Hill, there was never anything special. They never made it far in the playoffs with Smith (which isnít necessarily Smithís fault) but they won lots of games.

I think more accurately, the run game needs to be better than it was last year. It doesnít need to be a strength. We need competency in both. But as long as Nagy is here, itís gonna be a game plan thatís built around explosive pass offense. What we need first and foremost is a passer that consistently gets the ball to our playmakers. Having a few more playmakers would be nice too, granted.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 02-15-2020 at 12:28 PM.

ESPN's Jake Trotter believes the Browns will consider trading David Njoku this offseason.

This isn't a surprise after Njoku said he wasn't sure if he'll be back with the Browns next season. Cleveland has since fired Freddie Kitchens and brought in a new front office, but it's possible they also move on from Njoku, who has never really clicked with Baker Mayfield. Coming off a lost 2019, Njoku likely wouldn't return more than a Day 3 pick.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-injured-stars
    If all it takes is a day 3 pick, jump on that.