Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 282 of 412 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 6172
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    If you could get a 24 yo Andrew Luck esk prospect.. I don't care about your first round picks. agree to disagree if you want. I mean some will argue if Burrow is that good (which is a fair argument) . But seeing him 493 and 7 Tds vs Oklahmoma and 463 and 5 vs Clemson.. Im sold on his big game Moments.

I mean.... remind me of the 1st round picks the Colts had post luck anyway

2013- 2014 and 2015 drafts.... the only players of note to come out for them was Dorset ... which never made an impact for them. I mean honestly their whole drafts were bust in that time. Yet they went 11-5 every year with luck who was playing with an awful D..... and terrible help too.

If You think Burrow can be that good. IDGAF what it cost.

And as far as INTERESTING..... I like Feilds.... but Burrow was strait up the most unstopable QB i have seen in college football in a while.
    You're right. The Colts won several championships under Luck.

I'm not against drafting Burrows, but it would be one step forward and three steps back.

The Bears aren't in a position to make that kind of move.

I mean, if people want to daydream about it, ok I guess.
    Last edited by I don't care.; 02-14-2020 at 02:26 AM.

I hate when people call him”Burrows”

It’s BURROW.

I would trade Mack for Burrow in a second.

The real Pride of the Midwest

With the current state of our team, most would trade Mack for Burrow. The problem is, that’s not even close to what it would take to acquire him. Why would Cincy do that? The bears could probable offer Mack, all their picks this year and next year, and Cincinnati could still say NO. That’s how bad the bears draft capital is right now.

The #1 pick this year is extremely valuable compared to most others and any team trading inside the top 5 to move up to one is going to have to trade multiple additional 1st round picks.

If Tua got a clean bill of health from the doctors and no long term damage is expected would you trade Mack for Tua?

I would.

I would too, but still, I don’t think Mack alone gets us in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    I would too, but still, I don’t think Mack alone gets us in the top 5.
    Yea probably correct, especially with that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    If Tua got a clean bill of health from the doctors and no long term damage is expected would you trade Mack for Tua?

I would.
    Burrow is the only one i would consider

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

This isn't productive but I can't resist. Not like public opinion matters, but ouch.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...want-look-away

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Yea probably correct, especially with that contract.
    Apparently the most recent update on his injury was something like "best case scenario" for that type of injury. I don't know if that's just sugarcoating it, but that's good news. I still wouldn't risk it though. He's had a recurring ankle injury too, which could be problematic, obviously, for a QB.

I'd give up a ton for Burrow though. He just put up arguably the best college QB season ever, has a ton of translatable traits for a high level NFL starter (accuracy to every level, great pocket awareness, underrated mobility, swag), and absolutely killed it in every big game last season. He's a franchise guy IMO. May not be Mahomes, but I could easily envision him being in the top 3-5 QB conversation within a couple years.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 02-14-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Im confused as to why the Bengals with the number 1 pick and an opportunity to draft a top franchise QB, the most important position on a football team, would pass on that rare opportunity to get a 29 year old defensive player who has a $100 million dollar contract. Either I am dumb or people are dreaming.

It ain’t happening

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Im confused as to why the Bengals with the number 1 pick and an opportunity to draft a top franchise QB, the most important position on a football team, would pass on that rare opportunity to get a 29 year old defensive player who has a $100 million dollar contract. Either I am dumb or people are dreaming.

It ain’t happening
    There are rumblings that he doesn't he want to go to the Bengals. Although he is an Ohio kid, so I'm not sure.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post

It ain’t happening
    Exactly...we could offer Mack and our next two drafts and they would probably still say no.

As Ron!n just said, the only chance they get less value for the pick would be if Burrow pulls an Elway

Burrow commented that he is ok not going number 1, he wants to go to an organization committed to winning championships. If that’s the case with our idiots who run the show and what has happened through the years I am not sure the Chicago Bears qualify as an organization who’s top priority is winning. Im not looking it up but I know we have made the playoffs 2 out of 11 years, pretty sure the Bengals have been better. You see the hires, the commitments to certain players and coaches too long, keeping guys like McCrapsky and Ted “Stealing Paychecks” Phillips making key decisions. This organization has not had winning championships as a top priority for a long time if ever. Its storied because of its origin, not because of winning.

To be fair the Bengals have made it more times, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, however they were wildcard births and as you can guess were also all losses, I would also say they held on to Marvin Lewis too long, you could definitely say that they have been the more successful franchise over the last 11 years, but I wouldn't say by a whole lot.